Back to Forum
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 58 160
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 160 58
    #1

    Different result when boosting

    Now I boosted a DHS H3 41deg 2.15mm with three layers of Haifu Seamoon booster, and it was a totally different rubber. Really the best I ever played with on my forehand. Then I thought that it would be great to boost a DHS H8 40deg 2.15mm, and did the same to that one. The effect didn't come with this one. Someone that had similar experiences with these and other rubbers? What rubbers work good/bad with booster, and which booster did you use and how many layers? Please fill in.

  2. harty is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 23 100
    H
    harty is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 100 23
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88
    Now I boosted a DHS H3 41deg 2.15mm with three layers of Haifu Seamoon booster, and it was a totally different rubber. Really the best I ever played with on my forehand. Then I thought that it would be great to boost a DHS H8 40deg 2.15mm, and did the same to that one. The effect didn't come with this one. Someone that had similar experiences with these and other rubbers? What rubbers work good/bad with booster, and which booster did you use and how many layers? Please fill in.

    A sponge with a higher density is always better for a booster.
    it is not the number of layers, each applies layers of different thickness.
    Important is the visual effect that was taut rubber.
    I recommend thin layers of booster.
    The rubber will never be well boosted without enough glue.

    The Following User Likes harty's Post:

    mocker88

    dhs-729.eu

  3. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,769 5,871
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,871 2,769
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88
    Now I boosted a DHS H3 41deg 2.15mm with three layers of Haifu Seamoon booster, and it was a totally different rubber. Really the best I ever played with on my forehand. Then I thought that it would be great to boost a DHS H8 40deg 2.15mm, and did the same to that one. The effect didn't come with this one. Someone that had similar experiences with these and other rubbers? What rubbers work good/bad with booster, and which booster did you use and how many layers? Please fill in.

    I do not think it is necessarily the rubber. Maybe you are looking for something that the H3 has which the H8 do not. They are different rubbers after all.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  4. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Advanced TTD Member 189 491
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Advanced TTD Member 491 189
    #4

    The rubber will never be well boosted without enough glue

    Sorry but i was thinking booster is booster and glue is glue


  5. igorponger is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 162 558
    igorponger's Avatar
    igorponger is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 558 162

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2012
    Former Soviet Union
    558
    162
    910
    Read 0 Reviews
    #5
    MANUAL FOR A SINNER.
    Yes,, this all looks like teaching a kid how to do fealthy things. The hint on boosting rubbers, even if informed at good intent, is much like a Manual for a Sinner. You know.
    Yes, Devil is strong, he*ll always looking to spoil people, sorry.

    https://sun9-58.userapi.com/RZJE5sx4...F4dFMSqtug.jpg

    The Following User Likes igorponger's Post:

    mocker88

    Last edited by igorponger; 05-31-2021 at 12:26 AM.

  6. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Advanced TTD Member 189 491
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Advanced TTD Member 491 189
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by igorponger
    MANUAL FOR A SINNER.
    Yes,, this all looks like teaching a kid how to do fealthy things. The hint on boosting rubbers, even if informed at good intent, is much like a Manual for a Sinner. You know.
    Yes, Devil is strong, he*ll always looking to spoil people, sorry.

    https://sun9-58.userapi.com/RZJE5sx4...F4dFMSqtug.jpg

    HAhA HA ! i am not a christian, you can't scare me or shame me with old fables like this.

    https://sun9-58.userapi.com/RZJE5sx4...F4dFMSqtug.jpg


  7. tonetruiz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 8
    T
    tonetruiz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 1

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2021
    Spain
    8
    1
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88
    Now I boosted a DHS H3 41deg 2.15mm with three layers of Haifu Seamoon booster, and it was a totally different rubber. Really the best I ever played with on my forehand. Then I thought that it would be great to boost a DHS H8 40deg 2.15mm, and did the same to that one. The effect didn't come with this one. Someone that had similar experiences with these and other rubbers? What rubbers work good/bad with booster, and which booster did you use and how many layers? Please fill in.
    I had the same amazing experience with a two thin layers of seamoon booster on H3 Neo 41 2.15 mm sponge. I tried the H3 non neo version 41 2.15mm and it was good but not so great. I think that neo sponges are better suited for boosting.

  8. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 58 160
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 160 58
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tonetruiz
    I had the same amazing experience with a two thin layers of seamoon booster on H3 Neo 41 2.15 mm sponge. I tried the H3 non neo version 41 2.15mm and it was good but not so great. I think that neo sponges are better suited for boosting.

    Perhaps, but I had the opposite feeling with these two rubbers. I thought the non NEO version was the one with best effect.


  9. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 58 160
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 160 58
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear

    I do not think it is necessarily the rubber. Maybe you are looking for something that the H3 has which the H8 do not. They are different rubbers after all.

    Sure. They are different, but not that different I think. Perhaps the H8 sponge isn't booster friendly, like the H3? All the H3/H3N/TG2/3/NEO/H8 feels similar to me. Of course they are different, but they have sort of the same function and suits similar type of play. Anyone that have recognized any pros or cons boosting these rubbers?


  10. ReidJustin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 5
    R
    ReidJustin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 5 0

    User Info Menu


    Jun 2021
    Canada
    5
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #10
    How boosting really works?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.