Different result when boosting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Now I boosted a DHS H3 41deg 2.15mm with three layers of Haifu Seamoon booster, and it was a totally different rubber. Really the best I ever played with on my forehand. Then I thought that it would be great to boost a DHS H8 40deg 2.15mm, and did the same to that one. The effect didn't come with this one. Someone that had similar experiences with these and other rubbers? What rubbers work good/bad with booster, and which booster did you use and how many layers? Please fill in.

This user has no status.
Now I boosted a DHS H3 41deg 2.15mm with three layers of Haifu Seamoon booster, and it was a totally different rubber. Really the best I ever played with on my forehand. Then I thought that it would be great to boost a DHS H8 40deg 2.15mm, and did the same to that one. The effect didn't come with this one. Someone that had similar experiences with these and other rubbers? What rubbers work good/bad with booster, and which booster did you use and how many layers? Please fill in.

A sponge with a higher density is always better for a booster.
it is not the number of layers, each applies layers of different thickness.
Important is the visual effect that was taut rubber.
I recommend thin layers of booster.
The rubber will never be well boosted without enough glue.

Reactions: mocker88

I do not think it is necessarily the rubber. Maybe you are looking for something that the H3 has which the H8 do not. They are different rubbers after all.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mocker88
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
[size=+1]MANUAL FOR A SINNER.[/size]
Yes,, this all looks like teaching a kid how to do fealthy things. The hint on boosting rubbers, even if informed at good intent, is much like a Manual for a Sinner. You know.
Yes, Devil is strong, he*ll always looking to spoil people, sorry.

https://sun9-58.userapi.com/RZJE5sx44uUAeu68zuiBQIq0Y0vPQioTJothVA/aF4dFMSqtug.jpg

HAhA HA ! i am not a christian, you can't scare me or shame me with old fables like this.

https://sun9-58.userapi.com/RZJE5sx4...F4dFMSqtug.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I had the same amazing experience with a two thin layers of seamoon booster on H3 Neo 41 2.15 mm sponge. I tried the H3 non neo version 41 2.15mm and it was good but not so great. I think that neo sponges are better suited for boosting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I had the same amazing experience with a two thin layers of seamoon booster on H3 Neo 41 2.15 mm sponge. I tried the H3 non neo version 41 2.15mm and it was good but not so great. I think that neo sponges are better suited for boosting.

Perhaps, but I had the opposite feeling with these two rubbers. I thought the non NEO version was the one with best effect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I do not think it is necessarily the rubber. Maybe you are looking for something that the H3 has which the H8 do not. They are different rubbers after all.

Sure. They are different, but not that different I think. Perhaps the H8 sponge isn't booster friendly, like the H3? All the H3/H3N/TG2/3/NEO/H8 feels similar to me. Of course they are different, but they have sort of the same function and suits similar type of play. Anyone that have recognized any pros or cons boosting these rubbers?