Rasanter R45

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
2021 seems to provide a few very interesting new rubbers other than all the hybrids after all.
TIBHAR Evolution MX-D should by all means appear as a fixed star on many forehands when the halls re-open and the leagues are in full swing again.
And andro presents Rasanter R45, a rubber to provide new options for many players on backhand particularly, but not necessarily only there.

I am no professional player, but most my training partners are, means they consider me good enough for sparring and the quality of their game lets me shine a little, too. What you read in the following combines impressions from different skill levels up to Bundesliga in Germany.
At the end of 2 days of intensive testing, I arrived at a surprising conclusion: this new rubber is able to fit the needs of three different types of players.

Players who use soft rubbers (around 42,5 degree sponge hardness), but want more power
Players who use medium rubbers (aorund 45 degrees), but always miss „something“ while it´s hard to pin down what that „something“ is
Players who use medium/hard rubbers (around the 47,5 degree mark) who are looking for more control without sacrifing too much power

R45 vs. soft rubbers

I am no expert for soft rubbers, most of them just feel to mushy overall. I know only one 42,5 degree rubber that I really like, and I prefer a Tibhar Evolution FX-P to all the others I know, just because it feels more compact.
R45 is of course harder, but I am sure most players could handle that as the next step. It offers more power and more spin than its close relative R42, which has an identical top sheet.

R45 vs. other "around 45 degree" rubbers

With andro´s new ENERGY CELL sponge, the rubbers feel softer than you´d expect especially on topspin, not softer overall. An R53 does not play like a 50 degree rubber, an R48 does not play like a 45 degree rubber (if somebody could pin down what „a“ 45 degree rubber is, given that there are so many).

I can best compare R45 to two TIBHAR rubbers (Aurus Select and EL-S) and Hexer Grip.
I like Aurus Prime, but Aurus Select always felt just „nice“, for lack of better word. It does everything, nothing too well, nothing really bad. R45 has way more punch and spin than that, and I´d say it also outclasses EL-S in terms of spin. It is more linear than the latter, which i soften described as giving too much catapult after the first topspin in open rallyes. R45 is stable. As for spin, I think it also out-performs t05fx.

You would expect R45 to be superior to Hexer Grip in terms of spin and speed, and it is. But where would you benefit most? Actually, where you probably don´t dare to go too often with a medium rubber, away from the table.
With Hexer Grip, you´d loop from way down with an open rubber, to put balls on the table, yet not very dangerous balls. With R45 you can still put pressure on your opponent with power spins. There are boundaries of course, but the range most of us mere mortals have is well covered.

R45 vs. harder rubbers

I felt the biggest surprise when comparing R45 to its bigger siblings R47 and R48, as well as a Rhyzer 2.0 (R45 ultramax).
The overall balance of its properties makes R45 a real alternative for this segment, too – if you are looking to gain some control while not loosing too much performance.

Maybe if you play with a 47,5 degree rubber with stiff topsheet you´ll play a few strokes and say „too soft“. One of my training partners said that non-surprisingly, coming from R53. But another, who normally uses Friendship Battle 2, would prefer R45 to R48, and she tested on blades that are not too far apart.

If you play with a rubber that has a soft topsheet you may find that R45 is a great alternative.

I am as surprised as convinced and do not regret testing this rubber. It´s a keeper.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Many thanks for the review Airoc, I was struggling to find an english review for this rubber.
I don't like very much hard rubbers, so I was looking for R45 to be a good candidate for when I play again. Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019

I was also interested in this rubber because the R48 rubber was one of the best I ever tried.
My mind was already made up for choosing the R48 and play my whole season with it but 1 thing messed that up.

The durability

I play 3 to 4 times a week or sometimes more and the rubber lost quickly a lot of it's properties.
In about 6 weeks the rubber performed almost 30 to 40% less for me and that was a big drawback tbh

So my fear is that the R45 will suffer from this as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I felt the biggest surprise when comparing R45 to its bigger siblings R47 and R48, as well as a Rhyzer 2.0 (R45 ultramax).
The overall balance of its properties makes R45 a real alternative for this segment, too – if you are looking to gain some control while not loosing too much performance.

Would love to hear more of your thoughts of Rasanter R45 compared to the Joola Rhyzer Pro 45 please!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

Would love to hear more of your thoughts of Rasanter R45 compared to the Joola Rhyzer Pro 45 please!

I may have been inaccurate. I compared R45 to Rhyzer 48, which was 2.0 mm as opposed to R45´s ultramax.
I have no experience with Rhyzer 45, that would be an interesting candidate and maybe if I get a chance to see a friend who plays with it the comparison can be done, but there are several corona restrictions between us still...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

Today I had a chance to play them both on Apolonia blades 3 grams apart, so a good neutral basis for comparing them.

Rasanter gives me more spin and just feels more complete, for lack of a better description. The owner of both blades, though sponsored by Joola, picked Rasanter R45 as his new rubber for the same reasons. He says maybe the Rhyzer gives marginally better control, the Rasanter being a little more aggressive.

Since we tested some other stuff today my impression is the result of playing both rackets for a few minutes only, but even if I hadn´t known Rasanter R45 before I still would´ve picked it over Rhyzer on first impression.

Reactions: Manto76

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Airoc, do you still feel positve about Rasanter 45?
If I wanted to move away from T05fx, but wanted to retain the spin and arc, maybe gain a bit of control, this rubber sounds ideal.

Normally when I try other stuff I end up disappointed.
eg FX-S, Hexer Grip, Rhyzer 45.

What is the durability like on it?

Reactions: Chewy and pilami
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
If I wanted to move away from T05fx, but wanted to retain the spin and arc, maybe gain a bit of control, this rubber sounds ideal.

Chiming in...I've played with mine ~10hrs / week for about 3 months, still going strong!

Reactions: Marc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

Would you please share why were you disappointed with the Rhyzer 45?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
rogerino75;356976Terima kasih atas ulasannya. Dimainkan dengan Bluestorm z2 sebelumnya, tetapi menginginkan karet yang sedikit lebih lembut. z3 hanya untuk lembut bagi saya.

R45 adalah karet yang sangat bagus. Kontrol dan putaran yang luar biasa. Kekerasan sempurna bagi saya. Direkomendasikan
Â

Is it good on the backhand? How does it feel?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021

Good overall. Not superfast, but good for punch, push, block and lifting backspinballs. Very stable rubber.

My favorite bh rubber was Mantra M before this.

Also not a heavy rubber.

Â

thank you, I still choose BH rubber, whether H3N 37 degrees, Andro 45 or 48 degrees, xiom vega pro/Europe, or other European rubber with a hardness of around 45 - 47.5 degrees. all look good!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Today I had a chance to play them both on Apolonia blades 3 grams apart, so a good neutral basis for comparing them.Rasanter gives me more spin and just feels more complete, for lack of a better description. The owner of both blades, though sponsored by Joola, picked Rasanter R45 as his new rubber for the same reasons. He says maybe the Rhyzer gives marginally better control, the Rasanter being a little more aggressive.Since we tested some other stuff today my impression is the result of playing both rackets for a few minutes only, but even if I hadn´t known Rasanter R45 before I still would´ve picked it over Rhyzer on first impression.

Airoc, thank you once again for your reviews.Could you touch more on the differences between the R48 and R45?
Does the R45 truly play identical to the R48, just with a softer sponge?

I've played the R47, R42 & V42 before. Seems like most comparisons are between the R53, R48 and R47.
Which are mostly favourable reviews towards the R53 & R48 (Being the "new sponge' and all..)

I kinda fit all 3 "ifs" in your description. And similar to MOG am very curious how the R45 compares to the T05FX as well.FX-S, is a good rubber. However, I wished it had more speed and slightly lesser spin sensitivity.
Here's hoping that R45 would fill this gap!

Last edited: