Rasanter R45

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I haven't used R45 that much, but I have it on an all wood Primorac with R48 as the other rubber. Both are very good rubbers, the one difference that I really noticed is the bounciness, both are bouncy, but it seemed to me at first that the R45 was harder to control on softer shots, I put this down to the softer sponge being easier to 'activate', so even with softer shots like pushes and slower blocks, the sponge is engaged slightly easier than with the R48, the result (for myself) was I found it a little harder to control at first, took some play time to get use to it. a little more care with the short game touch and feel was needed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I haven't used R45 that much, but I have it on an all wood Primorac with R48 as the other rubber. Both are very good rubbers, the one difference that I really noticed is the bounciness, both are bouncy, but it seemed to me at first that the R45 was harder to control on softer shots, I put this down to the softer sponge being easier to 'activate', so even with softer shots like pushes and slower blocks, the sponge is engaged slightly easier than with the R48, the result (for myself) was I found it a little harder to control at first, took some play time to get use to it. a little more care with the short game touch and feel was needed.

Thank you IB66. Have you used the R42 before? How does the R45 compare?
When I played the R42 for a longer period of time, I was kinda lost. Lacked speed and overall I felt I was playing with an "airy' rubber. With no stand out characteristics. Not sure how to explain. But I ultimately dropped it.

On the other hand, the R47 was good then. Very fast, but I had to adjust by closing my bat angle. The ball does shoot off quite fast, so control was a problem there. I wasn't able to execute powerful shots and "activate" the sponge all the time for maximum spin.
From what I read from a couple of forum members. I think the R48 was the R47 we were looking for. 😄

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Thank you IB66. Have you used the R42 before? How does the R45 compare?
When I played the R42 for a longer period of time, I was kinda lost. Lacked speed and overall I felt I was playing with an "airy' rubber. With no stand out characteristics. Not sure how to explain. But I ultimately dropped it.

On the other hand, the R47 was good then. Very fast, but I had to adjust by closing my bat angle. The ball does shoot off quite fast, so control was a problem there. I wasn't able to execute powerful shots and "activate" the sponge all the time for maximum spin.
From what I read from a couple of forum members. I think the R48 was the R47 we were looking for. 😄

Hi Chewy,

Never used R42, so can't comment.
I have used R48 mainly on BH, very good as far as I was concerned!! some have reported a drop off in performance from how it plays straight out of the pack, but even so still loads of spin and enough speed. Also the drop in performance is no different to a good number of other ESN rubbers by all accounts!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi Chewy,

Never used R42, so can't comment.
I have used R48 mainly on BH, very good as far as I was concerned!! some have reported a drop off in performance from how it plays straight out of the pack, but even so still loads of spin and enough speed. Also the drop in performance is no different to a good number of other ESN rubbers by all accounts!!

Thanks IB66.
Yeah.. I think I only had one experience where the drop was really obvious. It was with the MX-P.
My friend did mention after a while, on the R48. White lines started to appear. (He usually takes good care of his rubbers)
Did you experience anything similar?

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Thanks IB66.
Yeah.. I think I only had one experience where the drop was really obvious. It was with the MX-P.
My friend did mention after a while, on the R48. White lines started to appear. (He usually takes good care of his rubbers)
Did you experience anything similar?

No white lines seen, but maybe others have more info on overall durability over a longer period of time.
My rubbers usually get changed reasonably often. When I tried R48 it stayed on one bat for max 3 months, then got swapped for something else I wanted to try!! EJ shakes got to me!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
No white lines seen, but maybe others have more info on overall durability over a longer period of time.
My rubbers usually get changed reasonably often. When I tried R48 it stayed on one bat for max 3 months, then got swapped for something else I wanted to try!! EJ shakes got to me!!!

Hahahahaha! Me already having them EJ shakes.
The only therapy before buying, is consultation to my fellow EJs. 😂

Did you take off both the R48 and R45 rubbers already? On to Rakza Z now?

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Hahahahaha! Me already having them EJ shakes.
The only therapy before buying, is consultation to my fellow EJs. 😂

Did you take off both the R48 and R45 rubbers already? On to Rakza Z now?

They are on a Primorac all wood blade, I have lent this to a team mate for her to try out, but as yet I haven’t heard much back from her!!! I think she is still using her older set up.
At one point i had R48 on BH and Rakza Z on FH mounted on a Donic Appelgren Dotec blade, liked both rubbers but I have a tendency to veer towards rubbers with some tackiness!! Hybrids!!!
I used H8-80 for a while, another rubber that is great!! RZ, RZ EH give some more bounce, more towards grippy bouncy rubbers like R48, T05 etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hybrids!!
Wait for the andro ones ;)
They have decided to release Rasanter C53 and C48, the latter should really be a fantastic alternative for "normal" players. As I see it, if I wanted to move on - or is that sideways? ;-) - from R48 to any available Hybrid I would have to go a few degrees harder. I have played Tibhar K3 with lots of booster on a friend´s racket and I liked it. I have also played a C55 with booster and liked it even more, but I am not willing to go through the boosting procedures myself.
So, this C48 looks very, very intriguing to me.

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
They have decided to release Rasanter C53 and C48, the latter should really be a fantastic alternative for "normal" players. As I see it, if I wanted to move on - or is that sideways? ;-) - from R48 to any available Hybrid I would have to go a few degrees harder. I have played Tibhar K3 with lots of booster on a friend´s racket and I liked it. I have also played a C55 with booster and liked it even more, but I am not willing to go through the boosting procedures myself.

Ooooohhhh nooooo!!! EJ shakes have just gone into overdrive!!! 🤪 just gotta get me some!!!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

Hey,
when will andro release C53 and C48?

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
A22450F3%20AE6C%204954%20A63B%200DDCA986059D%20jpeg.jpeg

D1C944D3%209197%204AF2%209693%20D2A81F861292%20jpeg.jpeg

226154D2%20E431%204121%20A5A3%20F9904A992EAC%20jpeg.jpeg

BB28E274%206363%2042C1%208DF2%2062A53B136A09%20jpeg.jpeg

1821FD6C%200BDF%204E44%209680%20FD8B874D6EE3%20jpeg.jpeg

Mar 2021
Rasanter R45 Ultramax Green colour variant.

Uncut weighs in at 67g.

Darker Speed 90 Blade with FH ( Donic Acuda S1 Turbo ) + BH ( Andro Rasanter R45 ) weighs in at 193g

My first impression is that the R45 is a rubber of top notch quality. It feels luxurious. The rubber is completely matt and grippy. Completely non-tacky.

It has a soft feel and visually all I can say it is of very high quality.

Will play with it this evening with my club mates.

Reactions: Marc
Mar 2021
My first play impression:

1. Suitable for BH mainly. It is too soft for FH unless you are Jr player U13 / U10 or man with girlie strength.

2. The user needs to actively brush the rubber to generate the spin, that is why on the packaging, it states for advanced player only. However, if properly brushed, the spin is problematic for your receiver. It will kick off your opponent bat.

3. Blocking is where it shines. This rubber according to the manufacturer is all-round. I would put in around Donic M3 category. It has massive massive control. You can actively block and place the ball where you want like a GPS enabled smart bomb.

4. It is not for power BH drive oriented player. It is mainly used as a BH support to set-up for a FH dominant player. I mean it will not win you out-right points but you can control the placement much more easier as a set-up for your FH loop kill / smash.

These are my thoughts for the time being. Feel free to ask me more if you need so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
My first play impression:

1. Suitable for BH mainly. It is too soft for FH unless you are Jr player U13 / U10 or man with girlie strength.

2. The user needs to actively brush the rubber to generate the spin, that is why on the packaging, it states for advanced player only. However, if properly brushed, the spin is problematic for your receiver. It will kick off your opponent bat.

3. Blocking is where it shines. This rubber according to the manufacturer is all-round. I would put in around Donic M3 category. It has massive massive control. You can actively block and place the ball where you want like a GPS enabled smart bomb.

4. It is not for power BH drive oriented player. It is mainly used as a BH support to set-up for a FH dominant player. I mean it will not win you out-right points but you can control the placement much more easier as a set-up for your FH loop kill / smash.

These are my thoughts for the time being. Feel free to ask me more if you need so.

How does it compare with tenergy fx series for example tenergy 05fx

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I have tried a sheet of this (Thanks Andy)!

It is the first time I have ever been impressed with a non tenergy or Hurricane rubber on the forehand.

Coming from 05fx!

It feels great even in 2mm on my fh, feels grippy and spinny.

Definitely less reactive than 05fx and less unpredictable.

I really hope I have finally weaned myself of Butterfly ( I really hate their price mongering monopoly)