Moving on from Aurus Prime to MXP or Tenergy 05

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
1. Get T05.
2. Sell it at half price after 20 hours of use.
3. Use that money to buy MX-P.
4. Post your thoughts here.

• Haha
Reactions: Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I have played with Aurus Prime for 5 months. (STILL GOING TO PLAY TO THE END OF SUMMER)
But I just wanted to know witch rubber to choose. I would prefer the same speed but maybe more spin. Less speed will also do :)

Both T-05 and MXP are excellent rubbers. Both very fast though!

If you're looking for a slightly more forgiving rubber that will give good spin then some good options are: Tibhar Evolution ELS, Xiom Vega X, Nittaku Fastarc G-1, Stiga DNA Pro M. I assure you any of those rubbers could see you through all the way from an intermediate to a seriously competitive level of play. T-05 and MXP are designed for players who already have very good technique.

By the way, didn't you mention in a post a while ago that you have a coach? I may be confusing you with someone else, but if you do have access to a coach, or to some experienced players at a local club, then probably the best thing you could do would be to ask their advice as they can see you in action and recommend accordingly.

This user has no status.

Both T-05 and MXP are excellent rubbers. Both very fast though!

If you're looking for a slightly more forgiving rubber that will give good spin then some good options are: Tibhar Evolution ELS, Xiom Vega X, Nittaku Fastarc G-1, Stiga DNA Pro M. I assure you any of those rubbers could see you through all the way from an intermediate to a seriously competitive level of play. T-05 and MXP are designed for players who already have very good technique.

By the way, didn't you mention in a post a while ago that you have a coach? I may be confusing you with someone else, but if you do have access to a coach, or to some experienced players at a local club, then probably the best thing you could do would be to ask their advice as they can see you in action and recommend accordingly.

I do have a good technique. It’s really close to Samsonov’s. I’ll try el-s and then move to tenergy 05 when it’s the time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

You don't need to avoid it , of course. It's a good rubber as long as factory boosting lasts....and in my case it was about two months of very moderate use(both rubbers). The top sheet looks near perfect but spin, speed and most important the feeling are gone. I boosted twice but it was never the same . T05 can easily lasts 6 months and maybe more.