Lightweight allround blade for maximum spin? Hinoki?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
First post on this forum!

I have about ten different blades and the one I get most spin (especially on serves) with is the cheapest blade of them all, a HRT 2076 (allround) with a weight of 76g. It’s a thin and flexible low end blade but I can generate a lot of spin with it. I’m using three nine 999t rubbers on this blade which are fairly slow and very very tacky after some treatment of oil on the top sheets, been trying a bunch of different rubbers but the super tacky 999t in combination with this blade is the spinniest combination so far. But I don’t like the cheap almost broken feel of the blade and the handle is too small for my taste. So I’m looking for another blade with similar characteristics but with a “nicer” feel and bigger handle, like the light weight though. I’ve read some people recommend hinoki surface blades for spin and feel, do you have any recommendations? Nittaku Septear Lead?

Spin and control is the most important factors for me, don’t want a fast setup. Make most points on surprisingly spiny serves, slow spiny loops and heavy under spin shots.

Thank you in advance!

/Henric

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
The flex may have something to do with the spin. It probably makes the ball stay longer on the racket...
That’s why the spin is good.

Cheers
L-zr

Yes, it most certainly has a positive effect for increased spin, feels like the ball stay in the rubber I little longer compared to my other blades where I’ve tried the same rubbers, Yinhe W-6 for example feels stiffer than my HRT 2076 blade and I cannot generate the same amount of spin on serves but the W-6 has a more solid feeling when hitting the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Perhaps try the Palio CAT. I have two of them. 67 and 69 grams.

Thanks! Seems interesting! I have a Yinhe T11+ (Balsa/carbon) which compared with slow soft rubbers such as the KTL pro xp/ KTL pro xt have most excellent control. But again the stiffness of the blade makes my strokes less spiny than my HRT. But I really like the handle, light weight and forgiveness of the T11+. Since my game is mostly based on various spin strokes my opponents have much easier to return my strokes when I use the T11+ compared to my HRT.

PS. I guess it’s you who sells various rubbers and blades on Tradera here in Sweden? 😉

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
The original Rossi Emotion.

A walk in the park for ALL and ALL+.

Capable of OFF- if and when needed.

Perfect on and close to the table, flex enough to lift balls from under the table.

Hinoki outer, though very fin and not so rich of a genuine hinoki juice, but works.

Thank you! Looks interesting, got some very good reviews! Any idea how it would compare to the Nittaku Septear Lead?

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi,

I have siimilar directions... Dont like fast equipment. Is nitaku Septear Lead all blade?

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Neottec Amagi All+ about 71grams with Hinoki ply. Could be an option, not sure about handle size.

Donic Appelgren Dotec Control, is a light blade, around 65 grams All / All+ rating, an ergonomic handle which may be an issue for some, also a couple of reports that the handle can be slippery. I have 3 of these blades, my hands don’t sweat that much so I’ve not had an issue with the bat slipping out of my hand. Because of the handle there are BH and FH sides so not really suitable for twiddling!!
Feels great when you get use to the handle. This blade uses Dotec fibres as well, I can produce more than enough spin with this blade.

Tibhar balsa Allround 50, 73grams quite thick 8.4mm
Tibhar Balsa SGS, 70grams
Tibhar IL-V Balsa, 70grams, cheap but good quality, my kids have this blade with Aurus Sound on both sides, My daughter was starting to produce very spinny top spins!!

TSP has their Balsa range, usually they have glass fibre in there. Maybe stiffer blades,
standard and black balsa, various speeds 2.0 is slow 7.0 is fast, they go up in 0.5, so 2.0/2.5 etc
Hopefully Victas have continued with these blades after the re branding TSP under the Victas banner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
I have two recommendations: 1) Darker 7P-2A which is an all+ to off- 7ply all hinoki blade or 2) Darker 5P-2A, a 5-ply hinoki hybrid (hinoki-basswood-hinoki-basswood-hinoki). The 5P is a bit faster than 7p, probably off- to off range. Both blades feel soft because of the hinoki and stiff, since they are 6,3 to 6,5mm thick. Both are extremely good for generating spin and they are also light 75-84g. I play the 5p with 84g and I am very satisfied.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Thank you all for your suggestions! I really appreciate it! How about a combo with a slow flexible defensive blade and slightly faster rubbers to achieve the same amount of speed as an all blade with medium speed rubbers? Which setup would generally be optimized for spinny serves and slow spinny loops? I totally understand that correct technique is the biggest factor to achieve maximum spin, but for an amateur player who plays 6 hours a week? I’m mainly a guitar player so I have a good wrist while my other technic is mediocre when it comes to table tennis 😆

I’m tempted to try out a Hinoki blade because of all good reviews I read on the Internet! 😄

One thing I tend to like with the tacky 999t rubbers is that they can be very slow (because they are so tacky) so I can play very short balls which annoys the local offensive players but when I hit hard I don’t lack much speed, of course a faster blade and faster rubber will be faster but I feel like I can get enough gears out of the setup. And of course, I’m not a pro player by any means, playing (and training kids) at the local club and will play at the regional league as soon as we are allowed to.

/Henric

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Defensive blades generally have a larger head size, so it can be difficult to find light ones!! The TSP balsa blades in mentioned earlier such as the balsa 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 are slow, the glass fibre enhances the sweet spot, but not as much as the other carbon type fibres.
I’ve tried a few ‘defensive’ blades with both tacky rubbers and faster bouncy rubbers.
Stiga Def Pro, carbon layers, speed All / All+
Nittaku Resist 2, 76 grams, snow willow (yanagi) top plies
Tibhar balsa defence 25, 79 grams, ( this blade has a grey coloured coating which is very slippery, so it’s best to give it a light sand before gluing rubbers for the 1st time)
Tibhar Drinkhall Defensive Classic ( may be discontinued) [heavy]
Rubbers used -
Tibhar MXP, MXS, FXS, ELS, Joola Rhyzer 43, 729 Battle 2 provincial, DHS H3 std (boosted), Donic slice 40 ( slow but high spin)
slow opening loops can be played with all these rubbers!! As you mentioned technique is required.
one of the coaches I know uses a defensive blade with FXS or FXP, he produces tonnes of spin!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
Thank you all for your suggestions! I really appreciate it! How about a combo with a slow flexible defensive blade and slightly faster rubbers...
One thing I tend to like with the tacky 999t rubbers is that.....

/Henric

Sounds good on paper but from the 1 or 2 Def blades I tried I dunno they just feel....gross. That's how I'd describe it. Gross.
They feel hollow and with 2 inverted sheets on there it will be extremely head-heavy making your strokes longer and requiring more effort while producing rather slow loops.
As for 999t the one sheet I tried is good. Extremely tacky too considering it's a red sheet. Though there are probably better modern options like those modern Chinese rubber that attempt their own brand of spring sponge/tensor

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021

I just bought a new blade!

A guy who run a table tennis shop came and visited our training session today. I’ve spoken to him about my search for a new blade allround blade and he brought a racket for me to try out. A Pimplepark Filius (allround-) which had Andro Rasanter R48 on both sides. I really liked the straight walnut handle, the control was surprisingly good even though the Ransanter rubbers are much faster than my slow tacky Chinese rubbers. The vibrations in the handle was extremely pleasant and almost all my strokes improved directly, this setup was forgiving and I had a feeling that the ball landed on the table no matter what I did!
The only thing I’m missing is the lowest gear since these rubbers are more bouncy (and faster) compared to my tacky Chinese rubbers. Tempted to try out the Nittaku Seiger PK50 and the new DHS Hurricane 8-80, anyone tested any of these on an all blade?

EFC38458-0C93-4CCF-B38E-8E9FE7E04C76.jpeg

67C33172-443A-4439-B13B-13E2DC240936.jpeg

E5C7A29D-3AED-4915-A7EA-8C85DAF6FB9A.jpeg

I've found the Andro Novacell /S series has a nice light feel. Weighs in at around 75 grams. The ALL/S could be a good option in that series.
https://www.andro.de/products/blades/novacell-alls-en-gb/
Indeed, my son has Novacell All/S, it is 75g, limba outer layer, very good for kids. However, a little too thin for my liking, only 5.4mm. It is very playable though, but I ended up putting my old T05 and D05 on it for my son. He enjoys it a lot.