What are the best rubbers for chopping?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
I would like to put together a bat specifically for chopping, I want long pips on one side and normal flat rubber on the other side. I am not sure what rubbers would be best for this, some 5 dollar rubbers i've heard are good but i'm not sure which ones are the best any reccomendations?

Why 2 separate posts for the same topic ... that too, on the same forum ..?

Dawei 388D-1, Yinhe Neptune, are good beginner-friendly, and cheap Long pips ...

Butterfly Feint Long II, is also good, but would be much more expensive ..

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I would like to put together a bat specifically for chopping, I want long pips on one side and normal flat rubber on the other side. I am not sure what rubbers would be best for this, some 5 dollar rubbers i've heard are good but i'm not sure which ones are the best any reccomendations?
The pips part has had some attention. Good.

Will you be chopping with the inverted (normal flat) rubber as well, as in: old school defender style? Or do you intend to play with an aggressive counterloop and attack on the FH, sometimes resorting to fishing when that's nog possible, using inverted - in the more modern defender style?

For the former style, the classic defender's choice would be a thin-sponged grippy rubber, at the slow end of the spectrum. Butterfly Tackiness C at 1.0mm, for example. For the latter style, I see thick offensive rubbers being put to use - Butterfly Tenergy 05, Gewo Nexxus EL-Pro 50, even Rasanter R53.