more powerful rubber than Ventus Spin for Yasaka Sweden Extra

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Hi,
I'm looking for a more powerful rubber than the Ventus Spin/Limber for my Yasaka Sweden Extra.
Thanks and best regards,
Erik

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hi,
I'm looking for a more powerful rubber than the Ventus Spin/Limber for my Yasaka Sweden Extra.
Thanks and best regards,
Erik

Hi Erik,

I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice on this forum, but there are dozens of rubbers that meet the criteria you've stated so if you could give some more detail of specifically what you're looking for that'll help kick off the conversation.

To begin with:

1. Are you looking for FH or BH (or both) rubbers?
  2. How would you describe your level of play?
  3. What other rubbers have you already tried (perhaps by having a go with others' bats at a local club?) and what did you like or not like about them?
  4. What's your budget?
  5. Do you prefer soft, medium, hard or extra-hard rubbers?

Let us know on these points and then I'm sure you'll get some helpful recommendations.
Best,
Manto

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
I'm looking for a FH rubber. Something with a harder sponge than Ventus Spin, but with less catapult and higher speed with more or less same rotation. I'm from germany with about 1550 TTR points. My budget is up to €50 ! I already played Aurus Soft and Aurus Select and do not want to play them again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Sounds like you should be checking out the latest hybrid ESN rubbers like XIOM Tau 2 or Rakza Z, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews

What is Ventus Extra ?

That's the premium rubber in the Ventus series. TSP called it Super Ventus, now it's called Victas Ventus Extra. It is a 47 degrees spinny, fast, but very controllable rubber which is good for fh. I've played it myself. Since you've already played with other Ventus rubbers it seems to be reasonable that you try this. Another option could be the Ventus Stiff (formerly TSP Ventus Speed), that's a 45 degrees rubber, which is a bit softer and slower.

Last edited:
Reactions: Equaaz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Thanks a lot for your input ! I'm also looking for a compact surface like Aurus Soft. Does Ventus Stiff or Fastarc G1 meet this criteria.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi,I'm looking for a more powerful rubber than the Ventus Spin/Limber for my Yasaka Sweden Extra.Thanks and best regards,Erik

As per mentioned by others, G-1 is a gd upgrade, i use G-1 and it is very durable and spinny.However, have you thought of changing your blade instead? you can look through yasaka blades since they will have the same blade dimensions as your sweden extra so you can just transfer your ventus to the new blade. you can check out reviews of Ma Lin extra offensive, Goiabao 5, Rose Grade, Extra 3D or Extra 7. These few should give you enough power within taking away too much control for you.Cheers and stay safe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015

As per mentioned by others, G-1 is a gd upgrade, i use G-1 and it is very durable and spinny.However, have you thought of changing your blade instead? you can look through yasaka blades since they will have the same blade dimensions as your sweden extra so you can just transfer your ventus to the new blade. you can check out reviews of Ma Lin extra offensive, Goiabao 5, Rose Grade, Extra 3D or Extra 7. These few should give you enough power within taking away too much control for you.Cheers and stay safe

A blade I'm thinking about is Stiga Infinity VPS. At home I have a Stratus Powerwood !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

oh why dont you try out your stratus Powerwod first? i have a few friends who play with infinity vps and they like it so i guess that a good sign haha, but i cant really commend about it so you may need to research. the only useful experience that i have is that just having a thicker blade can give you more power even though the 5-ply composition of the thicker and thinner blade are the same. so if infinity VPS is thicker than sweden extra then it can be assumed that Infinity VPS maybe the blade for you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021

Fastarc G-1 is a classic! Super control, lots of spin, fast-ish (but not super fast) and lasts a long time. Overall excellent value for money.

Does the fastarc G-1 work well with a slightly flexible blade like the YSE?