Tenergy 05 on allwood blade

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Then it sounds like you have made up your mind. Stick with what you want.

BH stronger than your coach....plays like Vladimir Samsonov (delicate control style based on touch and finesse well suited to medium/medium-soft rubbers). :)

I have a picture of that kind of explosiveness that would be called finesse. :)

I would love to see footage of you playing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Then it sounds like you have made up your mind. Stick with what you want.

BH stronger than your coach....plays like Vladimir Samsonov (delicate control style based on touch and finesse well suited to medium/medium-soft rubbers). :)

I have a picture of that kind of explosiveness that would be called finesse. :)

I would love to see footage of you playing.

I’ll go to my dad because summer vacation. Unfortunately I can’t take videos there. But I’ll contact you in about 3 weeks when I get back home. Btw I can play with my dad there cuz they are moving to a another place to play. 👍🏻👍🏻. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

You've mentioned your coach a number of times; what equipment does he recommend for you?
There are lots of folks with lots of knowledge on this forum, but none of us know your game and technique (including your weaknesses, and those matter too) like your coach does. If I were you I'd ask his advice and take it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

softer rubbers give you a much bigger window for what you can do with them. They make it easier to control the ball on offensive shots but they top out at a slightly slower speed. Harder rubbers make it so you have to have more precise contact and technique. But, if you can apply the power and depth of contact, you end up with a higher top end output. They just limit what else you can do that is not at the top of the top end output, so there is a smaller window for what kinds of things you can do with them.

This, unsurprisingly, is a bang-on assessment.

For testing, I currently use a pro-quality selected rubber with 52,5 degree hardness on one side, a factory standard Rasanter R45 on the other.

I can handle the hard rubber in practice situations, but wouldn´t want to dare in competition. Yet even on backhand I was wary of going too soft, say below 47.5.

I must admit I didn´t give t05fx any chance over the years, but with the new R45 finally there is a rubber that does what Carl says (help with the strokes, more tolerable for timing mistakes etc.), yet it will NOT top out as early as other equally soft-sponged rubbers.
I do not even miss power on my forehand compared to Rasanter R48, yet I feel I gain control.

If you think of Emanuel Lebesson, he became European Champion with 45 degree rubbers, which most professionals would consider super-soft.

But on hobby level, meanwhile I start to think "aim at what you think will fit, then go a little softer".

As Carl put it, he can make a t05fx swing. So could Kreanga...

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Summer has just started. You have plenty of time to think CAREFULLY over it. Next is thickness.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Oh cmon 😂

Who knows, you might want to be like Beradette Szocs and use pink. :)

bernadetteszocspinkrubber1.jpg