Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 29
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 6

Viscaria vs Yinhe V14 Pro

Hello everyone.

Hope you are all safe.There have been a few comparisons between these two blades as the V14 is considered a clone of the Viscaria / TB ALC ,with essentially the same composition.Can anyone who has used both explain where the Viscaria excels when comparing the two (assuming you believe it does). What would you say is the difference between the two in terms of feel,speed,consistency,durability etc.?Any feedback would be appreciated.Thanks much.
    Last edited by JStiga7; 06-08-2021 at 12:57 PM.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,770 5,871
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 5,871 2,770
    Viscaria has still better quality and finish. V14 sometimes a softer feel. This is after using 3 different v14s and 2 viscaria.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 29
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 6
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    Viscaria has still better quality and finish. V14 sometimes a softer feel. This is after using 3 different v14s and 2 viscaria.

Thanks man. Would you say that softer feel gives a bit more control ? Also when you speak about the blade's finish ,are you referring to the aesthetics of the blade or something more?

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 133 165
    S
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 165 133

User Info Menu

Apr 2020
    Scotland
    Read 0 Reviews
    Main difference is that whilst the Viscaria is too fast and expensive for 95% of people on table tennis forums, the V14 is only too fast.

The Following 5 Users Like SofaChamp's Post:

boltnut, JStiga7 and 3 others

This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 29
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 6
    Quote Originally Posted by SofaChamp
    Main difference is that whilst the Viscaria is too fast and expensive for 95% of people on table tennis forums, the V14 is only too fast.

Loll..So I take it you dont think there's any real difference in quality between the two?

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,770 5,871
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 5,871 2,770
    Quote Originally Posted by JStiga7

Thanks man. Would you say that softer feel gives a bit more control ? Also when you speak about the blade's finish ,are you referring to the aesthetics of the blade or something more?

Not necessary. I had a blade with the same composition as viscaria but softer and yet the speed is not slower. Finishing is more on aesthetics.

The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

JStiga7

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 37 75
    E
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 75 37

User Info Menu

Feb 2020
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    There is also the Yinhe Pro-01 at this link. I got one from PrinceTT.com ($42 + shipping) and the manufacturing quality is top notch (I haven't played it yet though). This is the info (thx Google Translate):
    Professional One Pro-01 External ALC
    Listing Date: 2020-06-23
    Name: Professional One
    Model: PRO-01
    Structure: external ALC blue aromatic carbon
    Endorsement: Zhu Yi's signature
    Thickness: 5.6-5.8mm

... and mine came in at 89g / 1485Hz / 5.75mm.

For comparison, the recent Sanwei Fextra's came in at 87.2g & 87.7g, 1421Hz. From the Freq. spreadsheet, the average Viscaria has 88g, 1452Hz, and the one V14 Pro had 89g/1475Hz.

I still got the one with the laser-cut label and serial number on the blade. The ones on Aliexpress have a std. label and no serial number visible on the photos.

The Following User Likes ejprinz's Post:

JStiga7

Last edited by ejprinz; 06-08-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    "EJ" ... Yinhe Pro-01, Moon Soft, Uranus Pro Short Pips. Sanwei Fextra, Yinhe [Pro 5-W, PD437, Pro Feeling, T6s, T7s, 970xxA], Nittaku Fastarc G1/Nittaku Moristo SP, Yasaka Rakza PO/7(Soft), DHS HNeo3/Yinhe Pluto, Yinhe Sun/Moon/Jupiter/Moon Speed/Uranus Pro Soft+Medium, ...

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 133 165
    S
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 165 133

User Info Menu

Apr 2020
    Scotland
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JStiga7

Loll..So I take it you dont think there's any real difference in quality between the two?

Whilst I did own a V14 for about 6 months (having ordered one whilst doing some late night ej-ing) I never even glued it because the only thing that I like more than trying out new equipment is trying to get slightly better over time and unfortunately changing blades usually doesn't help with that. But it had a nice handle.

Now, I did play with a TB Spirit for about 2 years but only whilst training with a coach. It was only when I was released to gen-pop that I slowly started to learn what it means not being able to control a blade and what the benefits are of having more control with an all-wood blade.

A further 5 years down the line and I can be found every other month on my digital soap box on some forum arguing that anyone who asks for equipment advice online should be forced to play with an All+ 5ply blade for the next two years.😋

The Following 2 Users Like SofaChamp's Post:

JStiga7 and Manto76

This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 29
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 6
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    Not necessary. I had a blade with the same composition as viscaria but softer and yet the speed is not slower. Finishing is more on aesthetics.

Thx!!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 29
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 6
    Quote Originally Posted by SofaChamp
    Whilst I did own a V14 for about 6 months (having ordered one whilst doing some late night ej-ing) I never even glued it because the only thing that I like more than trying out new equipment is trying to get slightly better over time and unfortunately changing blades usually doesn't help with that. But it had a nice handle.

Now, I did play with a TB Spirit for about 2 years but only whilst training with a coach. It was only when I was released to gen-pop that I slowly started to learn what it means not being able to control a blade and what the benefits are of having more control with an all-wood blade.

A further 5 years down the line and I can be found every other month on my digital soap box on some forum arguing that anyone who asks for equipment advice online should be forced to play with an All+ 5ply blade for the next two years.😋

Yeah.I think there's truth in what you're saying.I personally use a 5 ply all wood,the Infinity VPS. Even very advanced/professional players use all wood succesfully.I do find it extemely interesting to compare the compositon and performance of various blades as well as differences in actual quality (if any) of blades at different price points.The insight from those who've used them is always welcome for me.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 29
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ejprinz
    There is also the Yinhe Pro-01 at this link. I got one from PrinceTT.com ($42 + shipping) and the manufacturing quality is top notch (I haven't played it yet though). This is the info (thx Google Translate):
    Professional One Pro-01 External ALC
    Listing Date: 2020-06-23
    Name: Professional One
    Model: PRO-01
    Structure: external ALC blue aromatic carbon
    Endorsement: Zhu Yi's signature
    Thickness: 5.6-5.8mm

... and mine came in at 89g / 1485Hz / 5.75mm.

For comparison, the recent Sanwei Fextra's came in at 87.2g & 87.7g, 1421Hz. From the Freq. spreadsheet, the average Viscaria has 88g, 1452Hz, and the one V14 Pro had 89g/1475Hz.

I still got the one with the laser-cut label and serial number on the blade. The ones on Aliexpress have a std. label and no serial number visible on the photos.

Will check it out.Thx!!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 8
    T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 1

User Info Menu

Mar 2021
    Spain
    Read 0 Reviews

I have a Yinhe v14 pro blade and it is a very fast blade. If u are trying to develope your technique it is better to use a 5 ply allwood limba outer blade.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 216 376
    P
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 376 216
    The real answer is the v14 pro has thinner outer plies and is thicker overall especially in the core. It's stiffer and a lot faster. This is because it was made for Chinese professional who often use slightly modified blades anyway But a good blade nonetheless. Fast.The pro-01 as said earlier is the exact copy of a viscaria from a construction standpoint. And performs more similar from review although I've never owned a pro 01

The Following User Likes passifid's Post:

JStiga7

This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 29
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 29 6
    Quote Originally Posted by tonetruiz

I have a Yinhe v14 pro blade and it is a very fast blade. If u are trying to develope your technique it is better to use a 5 ply allwood limba outer blade.

Thanks for the feedback.I actually use a limba outer blade,the Infinity ps which I like very much.Not looking to change anytime soon.Im honestly asking because I was intrigued by idea of blade that has the same composition as the Viscaria ( a widely loved and celebrated blade) but being only a 1/4 of the price.So was just looking for an honest assesment of the any difference in quality for some who may have actually tested/played with both.