Back to Forum
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 136 231
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 231 136
    #1

    Stiga DNA Platinum XH

    First review (at least, first that I'm aware of) of one of the new Stiga DNA Platinum rubbers ...

    The Following User Likes Manto76's Post:

    Ray


  2. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 229 659
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 659 229
    #2
    no matter if one calls it silver gold platinum titanium or diamond this looks kinda "ornary" to me.............🤣

  3. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,792 5,889
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,889 2,792
    #3
    I have the rubbers but have to wait for 2 to 3 days more since I had them undergo photoshoot a week ago and the courier is slow due to pandemic.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  4. Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 136 231
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 231 136
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    I have the rubbers but have to wait for 2 to 3 days more since I had them undergo photoshoot a week ago and the courier is slow due to pandemic.

    Look forward to hearing your thoughts Yogi.
    I think the DNA Pro range are quite underrated rubbers, and I wonder if the Platinum range will be better received.


  5. SamTheMan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 84 92
    SamTheMan's Avatar
    SamTheMan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 92 84

    User Info Menu

    #5
    I bought the Platinum S earlier this week.

  6. SamTheMan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 84 92
    SamTheMan's Avatar
    SamTheMan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 92 84

    User Info Menu

    #6


  7. SamTheMan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 84 92
    SamTheMan's Avatar
    SamTheMan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 92 84

    User Info Menu

    #7

    I have only played with it once and during that training session we didn’t play any drills, only matches. So, I can’t review it. What I can say is that it is fast and spinny. Stiga advertise it as a long trajectory rubber and it has a very long trajectory. Therefore, it is not a rubber for me. I like rubbers that have a high arc and short trajectory. My coach however, who is a great player, could play it and land the balls just behind the net. But for me they often went long. So, I think it could be a great rubber for more advanced players or for other playstyles.
    At the same time, I tried the G-1 for the first time. Two very different rubbers. The G-1 had a high arc and was great at the short game. Two things I value highly. I play serve receives with touch, try to push them as short as possible and I want to loop with confidence and high safety. So, I’m thinking of buying another G-1 for the backhand. But for a player who flicks serves and values lethal loops over safety, Platinum could be a great choice.

    The Following User Likes SamTheMan's Post:

    Antonlan


  8. alas26 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 81 236
    A
    alas26 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 236 81
    #8

    Stiga DNA Platinum XH

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTheMan

    I have only played with it once and during that training session we didn’t play any drills, only matches. So, I can’t review it. What I can say is that it is fast and spinny. Stiga advertise it as a long trajectory rubber and it has a very long trajectory. Therefore, it is not a rubber for me. I like rubbers that have a high arc and short trajectory. My coach however, who is a great player, could play it and land the balls just behind the net. But for me they often went long. So, I think it could be a great rubber for more advanced players or for other playstyles.
    At the same time, I tried the G-1 for the first time. Two very different rubbers. The G-1 had a high arc and was great at the short game. Two things I value highly. I play serve receives with touch, try to push them as short as possible and I want to loop with confidence and high safety. So, I’m thinking of buying another G-1 for the backhand. But for a player who flicks serves and values lethal loops over safety, Platinum could be a great choice.
    What color G1 do you need? I bought a red one (2.1) but I won’t use it. Still sealed. PM me if you want it.

    Edit: I just noticed yours is also red. Ignore me!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,792 5,889
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,889 2,792
    #9
    I received the 4 variants today and played with each. Man,. The XH and Hard versions are very fast.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  10. An0n is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 29 47
    A
    An0n is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 47 29
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    I received the 4 variants today and played with each. Man,. The XH and Hard versions are very fast.
    Do you know if they have a different sponge + topsheet compared to the regular DNA or just one of the two?

  11. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,792 5,889
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,889 2,792
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by An0n
    Do you know if they have a different sponge + topsheet compared to the regular DNA or just one of the two?

    From what I checked, the topsheet and sponge are different from vanilla DNA.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.