Stiga DNA Platinum XH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I have the rubbers but have to wait for 2 to 3 days more since I had them undergo photoshoot a week ago and the courier is slow due to pandemic.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts Yogi.
I think the DNA Pro range are quite underrated rubbers, and I wonder if the Platinum range will be better received.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
p2.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
p1.jpg

I have only played with it once and during that training session we didn’t play any drills, only matches. So, I can’t review it. What I can say is that it is fast and spinny. Stiga advertise it as a long trajectory rubber and it has a very long trajectory. Therefore, it is not a rubber for me. I like rubbers that have a high arc and short trajectory. My coach however, who is a great player, could play it and land the balls just behind the net. But for me they often went long. So, I think it could be a great rubber for more advanced players or for other playstyles.
At the same time, I tried the G-1 for the first time. Two very different rubbers. The G-1 had a high arc and was great at the short game. Two things I value highly. I play serve receives with touch, try to push them as short as possible and I want to loop with confidence and high safety. So, I’m thinking of buying another G-1 for the backhand. But for a player who flicks serves and values lethal loops over safety, Platinum could be a great choice.

Reactions: Antonlan
says Footwork footwork footwork
p1.jpg

I have only played with it once and during that training session we didn’t play any drills, only matches. So, I can’t review it. What I can say is that it is fast and spinny. Stiga advertise it as a long trajectory rubber and it has a very long trajectory. Therefore, it is not a rubber for me. I like rubbers that have a high arc and short trajectory. My coach however, who is a great player, could play it and land the balls just behind the net. But for me they often went long. So, I think it could be a great rubber for more advanced players or for other playstyles.
At the same time, I tried the G-1 for the first time. Two very different rubbers. The G-1 had a high arc and was great at the short game. Two things I value highly. I play serve receives with touch, try to push them as short as possible and I want to loop with confidence and high safety. So, I’m thinking of buying another G-1 for the backhand. But for a player who flicks serves and values lethal loops over safety, Platinum could be a great choice.

What color G1 do you need? I bought a red one (2.1) but I won’t use it. Still sealed. PM me if you want it.

Edit: I just noticed yours is also red. Ignore me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know if they have a different sponge + topsheet compared to the regular DNA or just one of the two?

From what I checked, the topsheet and sponge are different from vanilla DNA.

Reactions: An0n