Macho Man Go-Cho CL Div 1 vs Div 1 Quiet Lady

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Spoiler alert! Pretty fun that he missed the last serve. Or a little at least.

I think she could have taken the ball a bit earlier. Hard to get any pressure if you play at the highest point and soft. I also think she could have tried to push more short and the overall placement more towards the corner, this would have forced him to block and play more backhand.

• Haha
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think she had a difficult time reading the serve and took it later... if she could read it, then she would have been making those aggressive pushes with ball on the rise... several times more difficult to make an agressive push with quality land deep taking the ball later or on descent.

I think she had a devil of time trying to figure out his attacking preferences... but I think it was obvious she figured it out and found his middle often enough.

Even among real high level Korean amateurs, there are those who will refuse to drop a serve short... there are also those who want to avoid short serves and go half long or deep and get into open rally immediately.

I thought at 9-9 dude should have been confident. IF... I say IF one is a MACHO MAN ATTCKER... AND... has the ball in one's hand with the game on the line at 9-9... such a MACHO MAN would absolultely CRAVE the score 9-9 and having the serve to win the match. That is how much Quiet Lady Warrior shook him. Koreans call that 흔들었다. Granted, dude had to keep spotting her 2 points a game... but he overcame that and equalized the score early on that game... so he SHOULD have simply run away with the game and match, instead of it going to the wire.

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Really fun to watch JPEN players!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
is she the sister of SUH Hyowon ?

why did they switch sides at 6-5 in the decider ? are the rules different there ?

Hi Takkyu,

She is Park Young Shin, a completely different player. SHW's sister, SHY, has aTT business called FROM TAKKU and she ALWAYS is wearing one of those uniforms.

In the 5th set, they changed at 6-5, because in handicap matches, you switch sides only when the one starting score at zero gets 5 points.

Sometimes, you spot 4 points to an opponent, if they get an edge on first point, now it is 5-0 and you switch? No fair, so they amend the rule to switch when the one starting at zero points gets 5 points.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi