Butterly Korbel SK7 - Anyone use one of these - review please?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Nice to see you here again!

What do you want from a change of blade? without knowing this i think you will wander around in the equipment jungle for a long time.

From what i know it is similar to clipper but a bit softer and slower, but this is just taken from my memory.

I know that good players have used this blade! Kristian karlsson still use it? Friends of mine, one with double short pimple that have played highest swedish league and another one with even higher level. Another friend with a bit lower level than that tried it and thought it had nice feeling but to slow compared to TB Spirit that he is used to. So i believe the blade is good!

I have personally never tried it. I have tried other 7 ply like Clipper and Extra Special. Feel like the clipper is softer and easier to loop with compared to extra special that feels harder and easier to smash with. For a couple of months i have tried the goiabao 5. Wanted to try an 5-ply all wood that i hoped felt hard and fast enough for the short pimple. I think it feels rather okey and are still using it. I think it feels slower than both the Clipper and Extra special, but is still pretty okey speed, enough for me. Feels harder than the clipper but softer than the extra special.

I am a bit confused with "control" with the short pimple play and blades. Feel like the Goiabao is slower and give me a bit more arc compared to the extra special so easier to smash with out making very much power from myself. On the other hand i feel the extra special feels a bit more hard and less bouncy so feels like more control when opponents make power and i counterattack. Also speculating if it is easier to get the flat short hit with the short pimple rubber with extra special since it is a little harder, as long as i work much harder with my body to create my own power.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi lula,

i have been using fextra for over a year, but we had a 4 month break with lockdown, last year i was playing well with fextra (but i was playing like everyday for 3 months) even then sometimes it felt too much, i can handle the pips on bh, but its a bit much on fh with max tenergy 05fx, i think its a bit too fast for me, its ok when I am the stronger player but when i am under pressure it all falls apart, its like a bit too fast for me.

i need something a touch slower, or more precisely a bit less stiff, but not too much as my bh needs a stiff feel for pips

force pro blue is good but its a bit too slow

i am going to try 1.9 tenergy 05fx first on fh on fextra, but if not korbel SK7 sounds about right

dont like clipper it feels stiff but not as fast as it should be for stiffness, i think its just the new balls as i know lots of players love clipper

I want a bit more arc from the blade on my opening topspin fh
but stiil need to be able to drive on fh

and block and drive on bh

also even though i get criticized on hear for my bh pip shot by some people, i want a touch more dwell on pip side so i can do a bit more with the ball.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
MOG, I thought you already had the SK7.

Should be more or less identical to the force black/clipper/Timber 7...individual blade weight variations are more pronounced than jumping across brands.

If you want something in the same family but in between blue and fextra, see if you can score an old Andro CS7 Pro. make sure its the 'pro" version, not Tour which is identical to the Tibhar Force Black, 7 ply all ayous ~6.5mm.

You can also try a Septear, but its a different feel. I find hinoki generally less crisp and more "juicy" than limba/ayous blades.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
MOG, I thought you already had the SK7.

Should be more or less identical to the force black/clipper/Timber 7...individual blade weight variations are more pronounced than jumping across brands.

If you want something in the same family but in between blue and fextra, see if you can score an old Andro CS7 Pro. make sure its the 'pro" version, not Tour which is identical to the Tibhar Force Black, 7 ply all ayous ~6.5mm.

You can also try a Septear, but its a different feel. I find hinoki generally less crisp and more "juicy" than limba/ayous blades.

Yes looks like I did try one a while back, forgot about that.

• Haha
Reactions: lasta