Booster on T05 Hard and T19?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Hi, I play with a Viscaria with T05 boosted on both sides, but honestly i didnt notice the boost at all on those rubbers. Now i wanna change to 05 Hard on fh and 19 on bh but dont know if I should boost them, since i heard boosters on butterfly rubbers are useless. Should i just glue the rubbers with 3 layers of glue instead? or it is worth trying both boosted?

Cheers ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

National spanish leagues

How high?

Sorry if i do not answer your question but i think your level is relevant. I think the rubbers is fast already from the beginning so for many players it is proably enough. I have never heard that boosing on butterfly rubbers is useless? Can imagine that the majority of the pros that use butterfly get them boosted from the factory or boost them themselves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021

How high?

Sorry if i do not answer your question but i think your level is relevant. I think the rubbers is fast already from the beginning so for many players it is proably enough. I have never heard that boosing on butterfly rubbers is useless? Can imagine that the majority of the pros that use butterfly get them boosted from the factory or boost them themselves.

I play two leagues behind the maximum league. People who tried boosting some Tenergy rubbers said that the sponge can get too mushy, and from my experience i didnt notice a big change on T05 boost, just a bit of softer feeling , so i want to know if boosting those rubbers feels better than 05 or is a waste of time. (sorry for my english)

This user has no status.

I play two leagues behind the maximum league. People who tried boosting some Tenergy rubbers said that the sponge can get too mushy, and from my experience i didnt notice a big change on T05 boost, just a bit of softer feeling , so i want to know if boosting those rubbers feels better than 05 or is a waste of time. (sorry for my english)

I recommend applying glue first (optimal 5 ml) and then put 2-3 layers of booster (Haifu).
Let it dry well so that the glue is not soft and sticky after applying the booster.
Then put one layer of glue on the blade and glue the rubber.
My favorite glue is Haifu Water based glue.
You will see how the contact of the rubber ball changes.
I don't use tensor rubbers, but this method works very, very well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think if they get to mushy they have used to much booster?

do not know the level in Spain but do not think it is necessary to boost them to make them
faster In the third division in Spain. Maybe if they get more feeling? But also a risk to lose feeling in serve and return if they get to fast? Think your level is pretty high and those strokes are probably more important than playing hard.

your English is fine! Mine is not so good either. We can practice together here 😀

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
I think if they get to mushy they have used to much booster?

do not know the level in Spain but do not think it is necessary to boost them to make them
faster In the third division in Spain. Maybe if they get more feeling? But also a risk to lose feeling in serve and return if they get to fast? Think your level is pretty high and those strokes are probably more important than playing hard.

your English is fine! Mine is not so good either. We can practice together here 😀

The people who told me that didnt tried the rubbers im asking for, thats why im here :) They usually use 2 layers when the rubbers are new. I dont want it to be faster, just feel the ball sinking into the sponge and feel the blade with hard strokes, and i thought it would work fine on 05 hard

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If you have the rubbers they have tried I think you could boost less and they will not get as soft. Feel like this would be the same in theory as using harder rubber and boost them?
Easiest would be to use a softer version of Tenergy instead like fx without booster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
The booster will soften the sponge a bit and stretch the top sheet, so inevitably it will become a bit faster/springier.
as it's tenergy I'd give it a go without booster first. It shouldn't be necessary to boost. Maybe later, to lengthen the lifespan you could try a thin layer of boost. Or risk it now and try thin layers until you get the result you want..
But if you didn't notice the boost before I don't see why you would suddenly notice it now. I also don't see how the boost wouldn't be noticed unless you used only one very thin layer.

If I were you I wouldn't boost them, theyre not hard Chinese rubbers that need to be boosted.. and if you don't get the desired result it's a pretty expensive mistake.

Reactions: alas26
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
The booster will soften the sponge a bit and stretch the top sheet, so inevitably it will become a bit faster/springier.
as it's tenergy I'd give it a go without booster first. It shouldn't be necessary to boost. Maybe later, to lengthen the lifespan you could try a thin layer of boost. Or risk it now and try thin layers until you get the result you want..
But if you didn't notice the boost before I don't see why you would suddenly notice it now. I also don't see how the boost wouldn't be noticed unless you used only one very thin layer.

If I were you I wouldn't boost them, theyre not hard Chinese rubbers that need to be boosted.. and if you don't get the desired result it's a pretty expensive mistake.

I think youre right, i will try both without booster first, then i will try to add some layers. I asked that because medium/softer rubbers doesnt feel the same as hard rubbers when boosted. I didnt notice the boost because of the 05 sponge, maybe on 05 hard is totally different feel.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
GOOD NEWS.
FACTORY POST-TREATMENT ON SPONGE IS NOW TERMINATED BY ALL MAJOR MANUFACTURERS.

This is how manufacturers purposed to withdraw their legal responsibility for all the possible misadventures with the racket when it is tested for boosters. The device to control boosters is going to be in place by September whereabout.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I have good experiences with T05 and ESN (50º rubbers) + TRF Booster. IMO, TRF works better compared to Falco on those rubbers. Just one layer is enough to add some performance without that mushy feeling of overboosting.

I don't see why T19 or T05 Hard won't perform well with TRF.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018

Hello, i will give my point in Spanish, because it´s my main language and it´s going to be a long post that will be easiest for both of us to make it clear.
Sorry if someone gets nervous bacause of it, It´s not my intention.

En primer lugar, deberías evaluar el efecto del optimizador.
1.La goma se expande, con dicha expansión lo que conseguimos es que las pequeñas burbujas que conforman la esponja aumenten de tamaño, de ahí que se vuelva más blandita y en caso de utilizar un durómetro podríamos observar que, efectivamente, la goma ha disminuido algún/nos grados en el medidor.Continuando con los beneficios que produce el aumento de tamaño de la goma, la superficie se ve estirada en consecuencia del aumento de tamaño de la esponja, por eso es más fácil ver los picos que hacen de unión con la esponja y se produce un mayor efecto rebote.
2.La esponja gana en espesor, por este motivo obtenemos ese extra de velocidad, además de la que ganamos por su expansión.
3.Los agentes minerales hidratan los componentes que conforman la esponja, por eso decimos que ganamos en ¨viveza¨.

Si pretendes utilizar optimizador en la versión Hard, lo más probable es que tengas que aplicar alguna capa adicional, puesto que la esponja tiene una densidad mayor y posiblemente llegarías a tener unos grados parejos a los de la Tenergy 05 de stock y ganando la superficie estirada, además de ese extra de grosor.
En cuanto a la 19, no creo que tenga diferencia alguna en cuanto a los efectos producidos por el optimizador en la esponja con la versión 05.

Como alternativa, la casa ESN lanzó hace un tiempo una serie de goma con lo que ellos llaman tecnología Ultramax, o algo parecido.Esto consiste en ofrecer gomas con una superficie más fina, lo que da cabida a una esponja de mayor tamaño sin incumplir las normas vigentes.Por lo que estas gomas serían lo más parecido a un efecto optimizado que hay en el mercado a día de hoy.Esta gomas son las Rasanter, Bluestorm, etc...

Mi consejo, que puedes tomarlo en cuenta o pasar de él:
No hay necesidad, si estás jugando con ese material, que es de primera categoría, de darle tantas vueltas.Ten en cuenta que al utilizar optimizador debes tener dos palas completas iguales, porque el proceso toma tiempo, generalmente un par de días y para tener el equipamiento al día has de repetir los procesos en dos palas continuamente.Con todo y con eso, el efecto va variando desde el primer día hasta que desaparece de forma gradual, por lo que no puedes contar con tu pala de manera 100% consistente.

Un saludo y mucha suerte.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021

Hello, i will give my point in Spanish, because it´s my main language and it´s going to be a long post that will be easiest for both of us to make it clear.
Sorry if someone gets nervous bacause of it, It´s not my intention.

En primer lugar, deberías evaluar el efecto del optimizador.
1.La goma se expande, con dicha expansión lo que conseguimos es que las pequeñas burbujas que conforman la esponja aumenten de tamaño, de ahí que se vuelva más blandita y en caso de utilizar un durómetro podríamos observar que, efectivamente, la goma ha disminuido algún/nos grados en el medidor.Continuando con los beneficios que produce el aumento de tamaño de la goma, la superficie se ve estirada en consecuencia del aumento de tamaño de la esponja, por eso es más fácil ver los picos que hacen de unión con la esponja y se produce un mayor efecto rebote.
2.La esponja gana en espesor, por este motivo obtenemos ese extra de velocidad, además de la que ganamos por su expansión.
3.Los agentes minerales hidratan los componentes que conforman la esponja, por eso decimos que ganamos en ¨viveza¨.

Si pretendes utilizar optimizador en la versión Hard, lo más probable es que tengas que aplicar alguna capa adicional, puesto que la esponja tiene una densidad mayor y posiblemente llegarías a tener unos grados parejos a los de la Tenergy 05 de stock y ganando la superficie estirada, además de ese extra de grosor.
En cuanto a la 19, no creo que tenga diferencia alguna en cuanto a los efectos producidos por el optimizador en la esponja con la versión 05.

Como alternativa, la casa ESN lanzó hace un tiempo una serie de goma con lo que ellos llaman tecnología Ultramax, o algo parecido.Esto consiste en ofrecer gomas con una superficie más fina, lo que da cabida a una esponja de mayor tamaño sin incumplir las normas vigentes.Por lo que estas gomas serían lo más parecido a un efecto optimizado que hay en el mercado a día de hoy.Esta gomas son las Rasanter, Bluestorm, etc...

Mi consejo, que puedes tomarlo en cuenta o pasar de él:
No hay necesidad, si estás jugando con ese material, que es de primera categoría, de darle tantas vueltas.Ten en cuenta que al utilizar optimizador debes tener dos palas completas iguales, porque el proceso toma tiempo, generalmente un par de días y para tener el equipamiento al día has de repetir los procesos en dos palas continuamente.Con todo y con eso, el efecto va variando desde el primer día hasta que desaparece de forma gradual, por lo que no puedes contar con tu pala de manera 100% consistente.

Un saludo y mucha suerte.

Muchisimas gracias, justo la información que necesitaba. Un saludo ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
GOOD NEWS.
FACTORY POST-TREATMENT ON SPONGE IS NOW TERMINATED BY ALL MAJOR MANUFACTURERS.

This is how manufacturers purposed to withdraw their legal responsibility for all the possible misadventures with the racket when it is tested for boosters. The device to control boosters is going to be in place by September whereabout.

This is actually really good news, resolves lots of conflicts regarding boosting. So are all the new rubbers produced now by all the companies not factory boosted, or do you know when will they stop the boosting?