Bat Weight?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

It's definitely head heavy. I'm Penhold grip so with the slightly shorter handle, you can imagine how light it is. Maybe I should use some grip tape to add weight to the handle?

I wonder if the Thread Owner is using C-Pen and not the Handshake version.

Cpen blades tend to have a larger blade size and if he is not leaving a gap on the blade on either side of the rubbers, then I would not be surprised if the total weight of the blade tipped above 200g.
For sure, he says he is some version of penhold.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
My guess is OP is not an experienced EJ, and waggles the new bare blade thinking it is super light. Well yes, it's light because there are no rubbers and gets a surprise when the rubbers are added and the blame goes to the rubbers. Notice the actual weight of the blade is never revealed anywhere in the the thread, which is one of the most important factors. I predict we won't get any real answers here. Another internet mystery :>.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Until he/she peels off the rubbers to actually measure the blade. My blades are around 85gr. Rakza Z on one side, H3 40 on the other. Both have around 2gr of oil added each. 2 + 1 layer of glue for Z and 3+1 for H3. That’s quite a lot and it’s only 190gr total.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Until he/she peels off the rubbers to actually measure the blade. My blades are around 85gr. Rakza Z on one side, H3 40 on the other. Both have around 2gr of oil added each. 2 + 1 layer of glue for Z and 3+1 for H3. That’s quite a lot and it’s only 190gr total.
Yup. I might also hazard a guess the OP is probably used to playing hardbat/premades or traditional penhold with rubber on just one side and is now suddenly surprised at the extra weight.