Aurus Prime, Evo mxp, Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 19 How do they compare?

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

As I posted in one of your earlier threads, I said you seemed to be pretty confused about which rubber to use, this is apparently correct.

Many rubbers are in a ‘ball park’ range, similar to each other but slightly different.

Pro’s are sponsored and therefore use their sponsors products. It comes down to money and the deal they get!! Some companies have the money to throw at players for sponsorship deals, so it then appears the Pro has chosen their equipment to use, rather than chosen to take the cash!!!
I’m such a skeptic!!!

1) Try other peoples set ups, cheap option to get an idea of performance, feel etc !!

2) See if you can find some 2nd hand rubbers others have discarded. Will still give you an idea of how they perform. cheaper option!!

3) If you can’t try other people’s set ups, or get some 2nd hand rubbers to test, then you’ll have to just buy a selection of rubbers, one sheet of each and play with em!! Expensive but you can decide which one you like most, sell the rest.

4) if cost is an issue, then you just have to make a decision and go with it.

5) if you are being coached, what is your coach saying about your choice of rubber?? They know how you play, abilities etc

6) Buy your heroes exact set up!!! He just can’t be wrong!!

Take people’s opinions (mine included) with a pinch of salt!!
At the end of the day we can throw names of numerous rubbers at you, say they are all great and you’ll be just as confused!! UNTIL YOU JUST BUY AND USE A RUBBER, LIKE IT, HATE IT, ONLY WITH USE CAN YOU THEN HAVE A PREFERENCE OR REAL KNOWLEDGE OF HOW IT PLAYS FOR YOU!!!

You just gotta make up your mind and get on with it!!!

This user has no status.
Hi,

As I posted in one of your earlier threads, I said you seemed to be pretty confused about which rubber to use, this is apparently correct.

Many rubbers are in a ‘ball park’ range, similar to each other but slightly different.

Pro’s are sponsored and therefore use their sponsors products. It comes down to money and the deal they get!! Some companies have the money to throw at players for sponsorship deals, so it then appears the Pro has chosen their equipment to use, rather than chosen to take the cash!!!
I’m such a skeptic!!!

1) Try other peoples set ups, cheap option to get an idea of performance, feel etc !!

2) See if you can find some 2nd hand rubbers others have discarded. Will still give you an idea of how they perform. cheaper option!!

3) If you can’t try other people’s set ups, or get some 2nd hand rubbers to test, then you’ll have to just buy a selection of rubbers, one sheet of each and play with em!! Expensive but you can decide which one you like most, sell the rest.

4) if cost is an issue, then you just have to make a decision and go with it.

5) if you are being coached, what is your coach saying about your choice of rubber?? They know how you play, abilities etc

6) Buy your heroes exact set up!!! He just can’t be wrong!!

Take people’s opinions (mine included) with a pinch of salt!!
At the end of the day we can throw names of numerous rubbers at you, say they are all great and you’ll be just as confused!! UNTIL YOU JUST BUY AND USE A RUBBER, LIKE IT, HATE IT, ONLY WITH USE CAN YOU THEN HAVE A PREFERENCE OR REAL KNOWLEDGE OF HOW IT PLAYS FOR YOU!!!

You just gotta make up your mind and get on with it!!!

You’re right man…

Reactions: IB66 and SamTheMan
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
You could try ELS, some ratings have it at about the same speed as Aurus Prime but with more spin.
sponge is a tad softer at 45 degrees. That’s if you don’t want the speed of MXP, MXD or MXS.
How did you get on with T05? If you felt confident when using it, or liked how it played, then it’s a bit of a no brainier really!!
It’s durability is very good, lasts longer than most competitors offerings, so the high cost is really not an issue. Whether T05 has better spin ???
All these ‘top end’ rubbers have very good spin, ball park figures give or take, they all do very similar things.

Retailers that give ratings for products, spin 8.5, speed 9.5 etc are or can be biased towards their main manufacturer, for example Tees Sport is the Official Butterfly retailer in the UK, when you read their catalog Butterfly’s top end products have the best ratings, no surprise there then!!!
If you check out Rev Spin, you get ‘personal’ opinions, which can be exaggerated. Depends on the persons skill, experience etc Same with the reviews on this forum, which includes reviews I have done!!
Its difficult to put figures to things like spin, speed control etc, as Brokenball says we are Humans not machines, we are not calibrated!! Results are different for each individual.

One thing for sure - it’s harder to find a ‘bad’ product than a ‘good’ one!!!!!

Choose, Buy it, use it, keep with it (unless you play way worse!!!) give it a reasonable amount of time.
If you don’t like it, then try something else.

Try not to get too caught up with the performance of equipment, generally speaking, on its own it won’t make you a better player, training, practice, etc will.

Reactions: MartyC
This user has no status.
You could try ELS, some ratings have it at about the same speed as Aurus Prime but with more spin.
sponge is a tad softer at 45 degrees. That’s if you don’t want the speed of MXP, MXD or MXS.
How did you get on with T05? If you felt confident when using it, or liked how it played, then it’s a bit of a no brainier really!!
It’s durability is very good, lasts longer than most competitors offerings, so the high cost is really not an issue. Whether T05 has better spin ???
All these ‘top end’ rubbers have very good spin, ball park figures give or take, they all do very similar things.

Retailers that give ratings for products, spin 8.5, speed 9.5 etc are or can be biased towards their main manufacturer, for example Tees Sport is the Official Butterfly retailer in the UK, when you read their catalog Butterfly’s top end products have the best ratings, no surprise there then!!!
If you check out Rev Spin, you get ‘personal’ opinions, which can be exaggerated. Depends on the persons skill, experience etc Same with the reviews on this forum, which includes reviews I have done!!
Its difficult to put figures to things like spin, speed control etc, as Brokenball says we are Humans not machines, we are not calibrated!! Results are different for each individual.

One thing for sure - it’s harder to find a ‘bad’ product than a ‘good’ one!!!!!

Choose, Buy it, use it, keep with it (unless you play way worse!!!) give it a reasonable amount of time.
If you don’t like it, then try something else.

Try not to get too caught up with the performance of equipment, generally speaking, on its own it won’t make you a better player, training, practice, etc will.

Speed and Spin are my preferences. I’ll control a rubber pretty quickly. I just sent an email to a seller and coach in my country. He knows about rubbers. I played with tenergy 05 on a horrible cheapo butterfly blade, so it’s hard to really say was it good. One good thing I found of the rubber was the spin. Sorry for the question bombardment.

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Speed and Spin are my preferences. I’ll control a rubber pretty quickly. I just sent an email to a seller and coach in my country. He knows about rubbers. I played with tenergy 05 on a horrible cheapo butterfly blade, so it’s hard to really say was it good. One good thing I found of the rubber was the spin. Sorry for the question bombardment.

No need for apologies!!!😀
Good idea to check in with the coach, he should give you some decent advice!!
one thing to bear in mind is that more of everything isn’t always better!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021

В

Need more spins to improve your technique

Reactions: JBH7
Any modern rubber is capable of at least twice the spin an amateur player is able to generate.
Its a matter of personal style differences which rubber a player would feel better.

There are more important characteristics to be considered, rather than the spin - speed, trampoline, hardness, throw angle, thickness, close, mid and longer distance performance, dynamics linearity, etc. Spin is a function of techniques level and experience. But its more important to find a rubber that fits your personal style with the above mentioned characteristics. If you feel the synergy with the rubber, you'll get the max spin for your level, no matter the rubber brand.

Reactions: JBH7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
Im deciding between mxp and tenergy 05

If it is about these two, then on my opinion when playing on tb spirit it was like:
1) T05 has more spin than mxp
2) I used to serve better with T05 (producing more underspin easier)
3) speed is about the same, maybe slightly in favor of mxp
4) flat hitting is way better with mxp, it is not like I couldn't flat hit with t05, but it required full concentration and I had to control my stroke a lot, it was much easier to add some spin to the ball to ensure ball hits a table
5) short game is better with mxp, like it is easier to keep a ball low and short, but I could add more underspin (and more variation) with t05 so my oponents were making more mistakes on return
6) looping and counterlooping are about the same, they produces somewhat different trajectories, but overall accuracy and opponents mistakes were about the same for me.
7) don't remember how good t05 was in blocking, since I don't really block a lot, probably mxp is better in this
8) throw angle of mxp is somewhat lower than t05
9) I feel that t05 reacts on opponents spin more, but if you add your own spin than it easier neglects it

In general mxp is more linear and predictable, but if you are not a beginner and train like 4-6 times a week, then T05 is not a problem either. Personally I chosen mx-p, initially because of its price, but currently I think that mx-p is at least not worse for me overall.