Donic Bluegrip series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hello all,

I had a question if any of you guys had used both bluegrip R1 and C2. I found R1 to be very slow and wondered if the C2 was faster. According to the catalogue they should have the same speed but since the C2 is 5 degrees harder I dont really believe this.

I edited the post to the correct donic rubber, i mean C2 not C1

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hello all,

I had a question if any of you guys had used both bluegrip R1 and C2. I found R1 to be very slow and wondered if the C2 was faster. According to the catalogue they should have the same speed but since the C2 is 5 degrees harder I dont really believe this.

I edited the post to the correct donic rubber, i mean C2 not C1
I’ve used the V1 and C2, I would say the C2 is a little quicker than the V1, I wouldn’t class either as slow when compared to H3 Neo, compared to T05 then they are slower. I also tested the C2 on a Zhang Jike ALC, and Rakza Z on a Viscaria, RZ is faster. T05 on the Viscaria probably had similar speed to RZ maybe quicker, the RZ really surprised me with how much speed potential it had. I didn’t test T05 and RZ at the same time though,
I did test C2 and T05/T19 at the same time, T05 & T19 are faster than C2 I would say C2 is fairly close to D09C for speed.
Its hard to say though, personal Impressions !! If you can engage the sponge then the catapult kicks in!!
C2 and V1 are by no means ‘dead’ when you do the bounce test, they were the closest to T05 out of the hybrid rubbers I tested!!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Forgot to mention there’s a new Bluegrip just released, should be in the catalog, from memory it’s based on the Acuda blue sponge, S1, S2 or S3, can’t remember!!! so a softer sponge with the same or similar tacky top sheet. I posted this in the new equipment 2021 thread, should be in the last couple of pages.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I’ve used the V1 and C2, I would say the C2 is a little quicker than the V1, I wouldn’t class either as slow when compared to H3 Neo, compared to T05 then they are slower. I also tested the C2 on a Zhang Jike ALC, and Rakza Z on a Viscaria, RZ is faster. T05 on the Viscaria probably had similar speed to RZ maybe quicker, the RZ really surprised me with how much speed potential it had. I didn’t test T05 and RZ at the same time though,
I did test C2 and T05/T19 at the same time, T05 & T19 are faster than C2 I would say C2 is fairly close to D09C for speed.
Its hard to say though, personal Impressions !! If you can engage the sponge then the catapult kicks in!!
C2 and V1 are by no means ‘dead’ when you do the bounce test, they were the closest to T05 out of the hybrid rubbers I tested!!

Thank you for your reply. I would say the R1 feels like a wet noodle in my opinion, its slow and soft but the spin is amazing. Ive also played with d09c and loved it but am also looking for a rubber that comes close and is cheaper. Hence, why i looked at the new c2 from donic. RZ is widely praised to be an amazing rubber, but i played with r7 when i was a youth player and absolutely hated that rubber, even though its one of the most used rubbers out there, so thats why im hessitant to use rz. The S2 should be softer and slower, so i dont think that will really suit me. But from your review i will try the c2 and see if i like it :).

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Another option is Xiom Omega China Guang, plays close to D09C but more spin, take a look at Yogi's review, downside its expensive, TT11 now has it in stock, around 54 - 56 Euro. (generally produced for Asian Market)
RZ has a very high throw angle, which maybe another factor that you wont like!!!