Stiga DNA Platinum Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

Can any one Tell me how does Dna platinum M goes with rasanter 47 or 48

i have not tried it my self to compare, but i had a friend who had rasanter r48. he said that dna platinum was slightly better on the important shots, like spin spin, half long and grip in the short game, both spinway and speed, but then have in mind that the dna rubber was a bitter newer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
i tried the stigas dna dragon grip this weekend of a friend at a tournament. it was redicioulus spin and play on halflong and spin spin was amazing, but there was a lock of speed. of course that is somehow based on my technique since i do not have a "chinese" arm technique, but spin, wow factor on that.

• Love
Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
i tried the stigas dna dragon grip this weekend of a friend at a tournament. it was redicioulus spin and play on halflong and spin spin was amazing, but there was a lock of speed. of course that is somehow based on my technique since i do not have a "chinese" arm technique, but spin, wow factor on that.

I was trying to find English reviews of this over weekend but couldn’t find any. Not sure if you know but how does dragon grip compare to D09C or Rakza Z? I currently use D09C but interested in trying other hybrid rubbers along with trying H3Neo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

I was trying to find English reviews of this over weekend but couldn’t find any. Not sure if you know but how does dragon grip compare to D09C or Rakza Z? I currently use D09C but interested in trying other hybrid rubbers along with trying H3Neo.

i have not tried d09c or rakza z to be frank. but i guess those two rubbers are not typical china styl rubber. from what i have read the dragon grip is a german made china style rubber, not a hybrid like you describe the other rubbers. but a version of dragon grip with a softer styld sponge could be interesting. i can only say that spinwise it was amazing, but i guess that somehow gos for all china styld rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

Has anyone played with any of the DNA Platinum rubbers long enough to be able to comment on durability?

that is a reasonable question. i have played with in for approx 1 month now. i play 3 times a week and around 1½ hour each time. i'm very happy with how the durability is and still the rubber looks good. i have played other rubbers from stiga before that had much less durability, but for platinum i would say it is good.

Reactions: Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Stiga DNA Platinum Series Rubbers
https://imgur.com/tCNndKv
https://imgur.com/Di6Okth
https://imgur.com/lnizTTZ
https://imgur.com/Ma3ZEs7
https://imgur.com/D0Iql47
https://imgur.com/XL6xpev
https://imgur.com/BprP9Pv
https://imgur.com/tz7L9X5

DNA Platinum XH
Weight: 72 grams
Thickness: 2.3mm
Hardness: 52.5 degrees
Speed: Off+

DNA Platinum H
Weight: 70 grams
Hardness: 50 degrees

DNA Platinum M
Weight: 68 grams
Hardness: 47.5 degrees

DNA Platinum S
Weight: 66 grams
Hardness: 42.5degrees

The newest generation of Stiga rubbers have come to town. These rubbers are come with a surprise wherein the features and specs of the rubbers offer a lot than their predecessors. To better understand
The Platinum Series, I would be explaining them by comparison with each other and also the older series of Vanilla DNA rubbers. I used them for about 1 week to fully test them and have used 3 blades in the test which are the Stiga Arctic, Energy Wood V2 and the Inspira CCF. I have switched the rubbers and blades from time to time to better test their speed and control. Priced at 69 Euros each, these are one the most expensive rubbers in the market for being an ESN rubber. I think the Omega 7 I-Select rubbers are still the most expensive at 100 Euros each.

Sponge & topsheet

The DNA Platinum Series is still considered as thick sponged-thin topsheet type of ESN rubber. I have the max thickness sponges at 2.3mm. These rubbers are considered on the heavy side especially the Hard and Extra Hard versions. The Xtra Hard version is the heaviest they have right now that is an ESN type rubber among the Stiga rubbers. This is the first time they have a 52.5 degree-sponge hardness even back when they have Japanese-made rubbers as their main line of products. If I remember it right the hardest would be about 47.5 to 48 degrees. The sponges of all variants are porous but the pores are very minute. The topsheet of all the variants are very grippy and I will discuss the grip in a while. Both the topsheet and sponge seem durable and firm. I did not experience sponge chipping when I was regluing or removing the glue from the sponge although this depends on what WBG glue you have used. I used the regular Stiga WBG glue for the tests.

Speed & Control

The Platinum series can compete with the fastest rubbers in the market. The S version despite being just
at 42.5-degree hardness, offer a lot of speed compared to the same hardness class of other brands. The S version is quite very bouncy if I compare it with the Joola Rhyzm 425 which is also at 42.5 degrees. I felt the Platinum S version feel a bit firmer when pressing your thumb against (I do have sponge samples of almost all past rubbers that I have owned that I kept in a container). The M version or medium hardness version felt a bit bouncier than a Tibhar Evolution MX-P, even when I compare it to the MX-K version, the M version is quite faster. If I compare both the DNA M version and Platinum M versios, the DNA M version would have an obvious more bounce. The H Platinum version at 50 degrees compared with H DNA previous version, I would say the Platinum H version is significantly faster. I have used the DNA H as my test rubbers for more than a year now and I can say with certainty that the DNA H version is significantly less bouncy. There are times the ball will leave a bit earlier when I try to brush the ball really hard either at a very thin contact or when I engage the sponge more especially when far away from the table. I felt the older DNA has better control. The Platinum H when compared with other brand equivalent for the sponge hardness has a greater amount of speed compared to Joola Maxxx 500 or even the MX-P 50 degrees. I would say the speed difference between the MXP-P 50 degrees and Platinum H version is very close. The XH version is the beast of the series. This is the speed demon wherein it is significantly faster compared to either the Omega 7 Asia which more or less if of the same generation and also has the 52.5-degree sponge. I would caution a lot of people in using the XH version because this is for the very skilled level players. The ball leaves a bit earlier than one would expect because of the great rebound the sponge can offer. I have tried even 55-degree ESN rubbers and even 60-degree rubbers but this 52.5-degree version seem a bit faster. I am not sure if it’s the factory tuning used on this rubbers or sponge design that makes this very fast. I had pro ESN rubbers in my stash but they never felt as fast as this. This has the potential of being the fastest rubber in the market today and yes, it is even significantly faster than Tenergy 64. If you would go on a smashing spree, you would love the XH version. It hits really hard every time you smack the ball. All versions except the S version can be as good as a far distance from the table rubber.

Spin

The DNA Platinum rubbers are all very spinny. The spin is significantly more compared to the older versions and I will try to explain some of them as best as I can. The older DNA S version is spinny but not as spinny as I wanted tit to be that spinny. The newer Platinum S version has a better upgrade on the spin department because when I did my spinny loops, the one who regularly blocks for me when I test equipment would complain. The older S version felt to have a lesser spin especially when doing loops because even if engage the sponge more, it felt the Platinum version is just on a higher level and also easier to produce spin. Normally, I do not like soft rubbers because as a personal preference, I always the brush the ball like using a tacky rubber on contact and it favors harder rubbers. With the Platinum S, it doesn’t seem to be a problem. Regular or average level players would find it easy to spin with either the S or M version of the Platinum series. The M version is easiest to produce spin due to its balanced hardness and also rebound ability. Although the H and XH versions have greater potential for spin but they require a specific style or way of contact to produce huge amount of spin and therefore greater level of skills. The M version is just about right for everybody who have used the MX-P in the past as it offers more spin and better sponge response. For the H version, although the older H version was easier to produce spin with, I believe the Platinum H version would offer more spin if you give it time also get use to its speed. Starting with the Platinum H version, I believe this is suited more for a varsity level player that has really good skills. Think of the Platinum H as a faster version of the DNA H but will offer a bit more. I would say the spin difference is not much but potentially, in the right player, would offer more spin due to being able to hit harder with it and dig into the sponge. The XH version, well what more can I say, I would say only well-experienced players of higher levels like 2000 US rating can tame this rubber. This is not for the faint hearted nor for people who only have just learned their basic skills in looping the ball. There were times the ball was very spinny for my loops but I just cannot consistently produce a spinny ball due to the repulsion of the sponge. Despite having a hard sponge, it is better to engage the sponge more instead of spinning the ball more with topsheet brush contact because it is counter-productive to spin the ball by just brushing alone with little or less sponge engagement. Fast and spinny balls are its forte so why not maximize the ball contact and stroke for this rubber. For spinny pushes, the XH and H versions seem to be spinnier than the S and M versions. As long as the pushes being done are long, doing spinny pushes are better with the XH and H versions.

Level usability

As what I have been trying to emphasize, the S and M versions are the best versions for most people. Even the M version can be used by professional level players with good amount of spin and control. Both the M and S versions require small adjustments when doing drop shots or short pushes near the net. The H and XH versions of the Platinum series require not only skills but also time to adjust for the delicate and short shots inside the table. For active blocking, the XH and H versions really performed more than what I expected. The harder sponges enabled the punch blocks and flat hits to really shine. I think it is an exception if you like to do flat hits or smashes near and far from the table, both the XH and H versions will satisfy most flat drivers because they are easier to use for non spinny offensive strokes and they require lesser amount of skills compared to when looping a ball using a very fast rubber. In the end, just choose the variant that suits you by not overestimating your skill level.

Hello Yogi,

Thank you for the in-depth review. A pleasure to read as always.
I am particularly interested in the Platinum S.
For now, there are so many new rubbers that are made with sponges 48 degrees and harder. Along with the new hybrid hard sponged rubbers.
For the softer sponged, 40 to 45 degree rubbers it seems this area is overlooked. There are not so many newly made ones.

As a comparison, how would you gauge the spin, grip and speed of the Platinum S, compared to the BTY T05FX or 80FX?
If you've tried the Rasanter R45. It'll be great if you could compare the Platinum S and the R45 too.

Thanks in advance!

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

I have a chinese arm full swing and really this rubber is phenomenal, I made a switch from Battle 2 Pro to Dragon Grip and I'd say it has the same feel with extra catapult. This rubber shines in counter topspin loops, it kills the spin of the opponent easily

Reactions: Theo21
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

I have a chinese arm full swing and really this rubber is phenomenal, I made a switch from Battle 2 Pro to Dragon Grip and I'd say it has the same feel with extra catapult. This rubber shines in counter topspin loops, it kills the spin of the opponent easily

thanks for your info. i see more and more uses this rubber now

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
I wonder how would DNA Platinum H or XH compare to Butterfly Dignics 09C, regarding spin specifically.
I do get that on H and XH the sponge is a lot harder, so you have less of a dwell time to "spin" the ball, and DNA is a lot faster, but, hypothetically, using the same blade, which rubber would produce more spin: DNA Platinum or Dignics 09C?