Going from wood to carbon - Rasanter R47 replacement (tacky?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Hi Guys,
This is my first post. 😁
I play with a 7 ply wood blade (tibhar force pro) with hurricane neo on my FH and Rasanter R47 on my backhand.
Am about to transition to a Viscaria copy (Yinhe V 14 Pro) and am looking for a new BH rubber.
Has anyone replaced their R47 with a Rakza rubber?
What is the equivalent Rakza?
Is there a similar tensor that is tacky? I have heard people talk about the Rakza Z, but that sounds so hard - more like a FH rubber.
I look forward to your advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Rasanter R47 replacement

Hi Guys,
This is my first post. 😁
I play with a 7 ply wood blade (tibhar force pro) with hurricane neo on my FH and Rasanter R47 on my backhand.
Am about to transition to a Viscaria copy (Yinhe V 14 Pro) and am looking for a new BH rubber.
Is there a similar tensor that is tacky? I have heard people talk about the Rakza Z, but that sounds so hard - more like a FH rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Any reason to replace Rasanter R47? Can't you get another one?

If you want something tacky on your BH, you can try H8-80 37º. Good rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Since Rasanter rubbers were the first of a new generation of rubbers with a thin topsheet to enable a thicker sponge in max thickness, I don´t think any Rakza is an equivalent in that respect.For general attributes like sponge hardness, spin potential or speed however R47 and Rakza7 aren´t worlds apart.Rasanter gives me a better feeling on ball impact, but that´s personal. I just like it better.So you could replace the Rasanter with the Rakza, I just don´t see a reason why you would, except you have way better prices on Yasaka than on andro.Tacky tensors, that´s a different thing. They are now producing all sorts of hybrids like the Rakza Z, but like you say all of them have pretty hard sponges. DONIC is introducing BlueGrip S2 which combines a tacky topsheet with the sponge of the well-known Acuda S2. In theory, that could be what you´re looking for, it´s the only decently soft Hybrid I know of.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Any reason to replace Rasanter R47? Can't you get another one?

If you want something tacky on your BH, you can try H8-80 37º. Good rubber.

Well, I was hoping to get something that is tacky.

Also I wasn't sure how different the rubber would play on the ALC carbon blade compared to my 7-ply wood.

I thought about a hurricane rubber, but I just thought it wouldn't have enough power for the backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Since Rasanter rubbers were the first of a new generation of rubbers with a thin topsheet to enable a thicker sponge in max thickness, I don´t think any Rakza is an equivalent in that respect.For general attributes like sponge hardness, spin potential or speed however R47 and Rakza7 aren´t worlds apart.Rasanter gives me a better feeling on ball impact, but that´s personal. I just like it better.So you could replace the Rasanter with the Rakza, I just don´t see a reason why you would, except you have way better prices on Yasaka than on andro.Tacky tensors, that´s a different thing. They are now producing all sorts of hybrids like the Rakza Z, but like you say all of them have pretty hard sponges. DONIC is introducing BlueGrip S2 which combines a tacky topsheet with the sponge of the well-known Acuda S2. In theory, that could be what you´re looking for, it´s the only decently soft Hybrid I know of.

Thanks for the tip - that sounds great. I will look into that.

Do you think that moving from the 7-ply to the ALC carbon requires a big change in rubbers? I tried to move to a carbon blade before but there wasn't enough dwell time to play with the hurricane easily, although the backhand became amazingly powerful. I am hoping that the better ALC blade will allow me to transition more easily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
R47 performs pretty well with ALC blades as any other ESN of its hardness. Of course, you are going from wood to ALC outer layer, so your blade will be more reactive.

H8-80 is powerfull enough for BH and it is more linear compared to Rasanter R47. Maybe is a good thing for ALC blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
R47 performs pretty well with ALC blades as any other ESN of its hardness. Of course, you are going from wood to ALC outer layer, so your blade will be more reactive.

H8-80 is powerfull enough for BH and it is more linear compared to Rasanter R47. Maybe is a good thing for ALC blades.

Thanks for the trip - that's great to hear. I will check that out. 😄

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi Rakza Z has a high / v high throw angle, it’s tacky at first then the tackiness wears off slightly, but still retains some tackiness. Mounted on the V14 Pro it will be pretty quick, or at least that’s what I think!! I tried Rakza Z on a Viscaria and was surprised how fast it was!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hi Rakza Z has a high / v high throw angle, it’s tacky at first then the tackiness wears off slightly, but still retains some tackiness. Mounted on the V14 Pro it will be pretty quick, or at least that’s what I think!! I tried Rakza Z on a Viscaria and was surprised how fast it was!!
I have 2 pairs of rakza Z for 6 months and they are the same as new. clean after each use. I clean with Donic Cleaner Bioclean, I recommend it, it's not expensive and it's fabulous

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hi Guys,
This is my first post. 😁
The Rakza Z ruber may not be to everyone's liking. Try it first with someone you know. It's not very fast, it doesn't have a catapult effect, and as for me, the blade loses the ball's sensitivity a lot compared to a tenergy 05 or a Dignics 09c. But it's an excellent rubber for the price. Keep the ones you have for now ;)

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Personally I think Rakza Z does have a catapult effect, pretty good catapult !! It way easier to play with this rubber away from the table than say H3 or even Golden Tango (GTPS version is bouncier than GT)
When I tested T05/19 on a Viscaria and compared to Rakza Z on a Viscaria, playing similar FH topspin strokes, The RZ wasn’t much slower and the catapult appeared similar.
when I try to judge ‘speed’ I usually go by where the ball lands on the table as a guide.
playing similar FH Topspin strokes with similar force, the ball was generally landing around 300mm from the table end with RZ/T05 & T19
RZ mounted on an all wood blade such as Primorac or Acoustic was landing about 800mm (mid table is) to 600mm from the end of the table. T05/19 on an all wood around 600 to 450mm.
This is why I was surprised how the RZ played on a Viscaria. It was slower on all wood blade but seemed to be as fast and as bouncy as T05/19 on a Viscaria!!!

I’m not saying this is 100% correct, everyone has their own view, but RZ is not slow and has good catapult for a hybrid rubber.😁

Reactions: ShakeHold PenHand