Getting sponsored by DHS being from Latin America

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wait....a month ago you were asking questions about how to glue and boost Skyline II and now you want to be sponsored?
-
How long have you been playing? In your country, what is your ranking? Are you already sponsored by another TT company? Were you successful at figuring out how to boost and glue your rubbers?

Last edited:
Wait....a month ago you were asking questions about how to glue and boost Skyline II and now you want to be sponsored?
-
How long have you been playing? In your country, what is your ranking? Are you already sponsored by another TT company? Were you successful at figuring out how to boost and glue your rubbers?

Hi, Carl. A pleasure to get replied by you.
Yeah, it sounds crazy. I'm between begginer and intermidiate level. But I want to be a top player in my country and I'm sure with constant practise and determination I can reach that goal. I decided to buy the normal Skyline TG2 and boost it every 2 months. Also I'm using DHS Aquatic glue. I'm the guy who want to plan everything to reduce mistakes, so I'm considering to be sponsored by DHS in the future, if it's possible of course.

(As you probably know, I'm not a native speaker and my English is still basic)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Hi, Carl. A pleasure to get replied by you.
Yeah, it sounds crazy. I'm between begginer and intermidiate level. But I want to be a top player in my country and I'm sure with constant practise and determination I can reach that goal. I decided to buy the normal Skyline TG2 and boost it every 2 months. Also I'm using DHS Aquatic glue. I'm the guy who want to plan everything to reduce mistakes, so I'm considering to be sponsored by DHS in the future, if it's possible of course.

(As you probably know, I'm not a native speaker and my English is still basic)

I would first focus on getting good. Then, when you are good enough and you have been playing tournaments for a while, and are winning in high level tournaments, if a company is willing to sponsor you, whatever company that is, go there first.

How old are you? Do you have a coach? How many hours a week do you train? Do you have any footage of yourself playing or training?

I actually do it. I focus a lot on my training, just one thing I wanted to keep in mind. I have a coach, he's a top player in my country. I started at 11 years. I'm currently training 4 hours alone (because of the pandemic) and 2 hours with my coach every week. Probably in 2 months I'm going to train 4 hours with him. Sorry, but I prefer not to give personal information because I'm under-age, but I appreciate your interest in helping me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
You might have a better chance with your TT association than table tennis forums.[h2]Federacion Peruana de Tenis de Mesa[/h2]Athletic Associations/Organizations/Clubs, National Federations LIMA , PERU Estadio Nacional Puerta 10-A LIMA , PERUTel.: +51 1 4333019 , Fax: +51 1 4333019

I'm nowhere near good enough to bother looking into sponsorships, but I expect you'll need a good bit of tournament experience.

You might have a better chance with your TT association than table tennis forums.[h2]Federacion Peruana de Tenis de Mesa[/h2]Athletic Associations/Organizations/Clubs, National Federations LIMA , PERU Estadio Nacional Puerta 10-A LIMA , PERUTel.: +51 1 4333019 , Fax: +51 1 4333019

I'm nowhere near good enough to bother looking into sponsorships, but I expect you'll need a good bit of tournament experience.

Nice information. Thank you very much!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
So 4 hours every day and 2 hours extra per week with your coach?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

I'm currently training 4 hours alone (because of the pandemic) and 2 hours with my coach every week. Probably in 2 months I'm going to train 4 hours with him.

I trained 6 hours a week, and I am a total amateur. Unfortunately from what I've seen, it takes much more effort, and a lot more time to become good enough a company would consider sponsoring one.

I wish you best of luck, but I think you will not need to take that into consideration for next few years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Must be difficult to get sponsorship from a asian company since there are so many good players there. Also believe that it would be easier to become sponsored by a more local tabletennis store in the beginning.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I remember, in the 1990s when I was a pro vert skater, we used to go to a lot of different ramps and skate parks along the east coast. Invariably, when we were sessioning a ramp, the local kids at a certain point would figure out who we were and start asking us questions.

Often these panned out to two different category of questions:

One was: how do I get sponsored and can you hook me up with free stuff (stickers, wheels, bearings, shirts with the logo from your sponsor etc).

The other line of questioning was: can you watch me skate and see if you can give me tips to help me improve.

Often the kids who were asking about free stuff and sponsorship looked like they were skating as though it was a homework assignment. Usually the kids who wanted to get better seemed to be having more fun. Often when we would come back to that skate park months later, the kids who were asking about how to improve and having more fun skating had improved more than the kids who were focused on how to get sponsored.

Be one of the kids who wants to learn and improve. If you do that, it is more likely sponsorship will come when the time is right. But, my guess is, if a month ago you were trying to figure out how to boost and glue your rubbers, now is still the time to focus on improving skills.

Reactions: jammmail