Old vs new H3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I’ve been buying Neo H3 prov for a long time. I have used national and commercial ones too.

Just recently I slapped a Neo H3 prov BS on my blade.

The tack is way off the chart.

This is my old H3 BS, tacky as usual.

49dfe9fc98c5e32d6254d7e77d73f75f.jpg

This is the new one I just got:
163898ad80a0e8877040159cd3eeba83.jpg

I checked the number on DHS website and it’s a valid number.

I had a few sessions with it. Less spin, faster, less control than my old one.

I guess DHS is moving away from very tacky rubber? Personally I like the old H3.

Does anyone know which prov H3 is guaranteed tacky as hell?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I’ve heard people saying H3 holds the ball for seconds. I’ve never got a provincial one that’s that tacky. All my H3 rubbers are just tacky enough when you touch them but none really can hold the ball.

I’m not sure if the NEO is any better? I don’t like the premade glue layer on the NEO though.

Ah, also they are all provincial versions.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I’ve heard people saying H3 holds the ball for seconds. I’ve never got a provincial one that’s that tacky. All my H3 rubbers are just tacky enough when you touch them but none really can hold the ball.

I’m not sure if the NEO is any better? I don’t like the premade glue layer on the NEO though.

Ah, also they are all provincial versions.

Mine always hold the balls for a few seconds. Even the commercial ones are tacky as hell.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
manufacturing inconsistency !!!! I am using only the commercial versions, Standards and NEOs . They are indeed a lottery because some are
sticky and can hold a ball for seconds and other batch will not hold at all.
Not just the balls, some rubbers can hardly hold the protective plastic sheet while others have the sheet clinging firmly to it for months.
They still all deliver a decent game for my limited skills though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
The commercial ones I used were very tacky indeed. The provincial ones are never close. I thought that was intentional. Or maybe after boosting it’s harder to hold the balls?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The commercial ones I used were very tacky indeed. The provincial ones are never close. I thought that was intentional. Or maybe after boosting it’s harder to hold the balls?

NOPE, i just checked and i have boosted rubbers that hold the balls and protection sheets and i also have un - boosted ones that do AND do not hold.
I only found out recently that some of the letters and numbers that are stamped on the sponge relate to the manufacturing date so one could probably find some pattern.........................but then , who cares ?😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Indeed my commercial one on BH is very tacky, and cheap. But BS just feels so much better.

I hate DHS for drastically increasing prices of the H3 lines. They used to sell commercial 37degree H3. That was discontinued after the release of H3 soft (37 degree) national version.

They used to have 41 degree H3 commercial. That was discontinued too.

They just force people to buy their provincial and national versions.

After using so many other tacky rubbers, I keep coming back to H3.

I wish a decent competitor will show up in the market soon.

This user has no status.
Indeed my commercial one on BH is very tacky, and cheap. But BS just feels so much better.

I hate DHS for drastically increasing prices of the H3 lines. They used to sell commercial 37degree H3. That was discontinued after the release of H3 soft (37 degree) national version.

DHS still produces Degree 37 on all H3 types.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Have you tried Victas Triple Double Extra? This is ‘proper’ tacky, gonna get much better quality control but price is higher.
Loki N80 is also with a try, good price and excellent quality. Wang Hao’s ‘personal’ rubber (apparently!!). Orange sponge is very similar to H3 Neo, quality of top sheet better.
Xiom Tau 2 is also very good, tackiness is ok, wears off a little over time but so far my sheets have retained some tackiness. Bit faster than H3 Neo, sponge more bouncy. Price is reasonable and quality control will be good.

I’ve yet to have a bad DHS rubber (yet!!). I’ve found that all the provincial versions of H3 Neo I’ve had loose some of the tackiness, same with H8.
I did have a ‘fragile’ sheet of H3 Neo Provincial, tack was same as the others etc, but the slightest touch of the edge of the bat on table resulted in some damage to the top sheet, the only way I can describe it is that it seemed to be brittle?? Although it didn’t feel brittle when you touched the rubbers with fingers!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Have you tried Victas Triple Double Extra? This is ‘proper’ tacky, gonna get much better quality control but price is higher.
Loki N80 is also with a try, good price and excellent quality. Wang Hao’s ‘personal’ rubber (apparently!!). Orange sponge is very similar to H3 Neo, quality of top sheet better.
Xiom Tau 2 is also very good, tackiness is ok, wears off a little over time but so far my sheets have retained some tackiness. Bit faster than H3 Neo, sponge more bouncy. Price is reasonable and quality control will be good.

I’ve yet to have a bad DHS rubber (yet!!). I’ve found that all the provincial versions of H3 Neo I’ve had loose some of the tackiness, same with H8.
I did have a ‘fragile’ sheet of H3 Neo Provincial, tack was same as the others etc, but the slightest touch of the edge of the bat on table resulted in some damage to the top sheet, the only way I can describe it is that it seemed to be brittle?? Although it didn’t feel brittle when you touched the rubbers with fingers!!!

Have you tried triple double extra?