Back to Forum
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 61 266
    virtuososiu's Avatar
    virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 266 61
    #1

    Andro Rasanter R48


    First impressions...
    • There is a distinctive sweet booster smell that was very noticeable as soon as I opened the package. I continued to noticed it during a 3 hour session. In fact, I could still smell it when I was making my way home after the session. It could be psychological, but it did dwell on me.
    • Its plenty fast enough. I put them on a slow 5 ply blade, Stiga Celero. I was able to loop from mid distance.
    • Its easy to spin with. During first hits, I was able to impart high level of spin with minimal effect.
    • On the forehand side, it feels like a nice soft mattress. The softness made me think the ball was staying on the rubber for a relatively long time. I had to remind myself to contract my forearm. Higher level players might find this too soft for forehand?
    • On the backhand side, the hardness felt optimum. I was able to loop and to hit with ease.
    • Its does not feel heavy. I have ultramax on both sides.
    • Control is very good on a 5 ply wood blade. Im sure many will be able to pair R48 with carbon blades that are not too fast.
    • It is not unlike the 1st gen DNA M, but spinnier and nicer.
    • Durability is to be determined.

    The Following User Likes virtuososiu's Post:

    Manto76

    Last edited by virtuososiu; 07-04-2021 at 09:57 AM.

  2. Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 38 182
    Ahma's Avatar
    Ahma is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 182 38

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2021
    Finland
    182
    38
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #2
    Are you changing to this from el-s? Great review btw. 👍🏻

  3. virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 61 266
    virtuososiu's Avatar
    virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 266 61
    #3
    I wanted to try R48. Depending on how I feel about it in the next month or 2 I suppose.

    G1 and ELS are still great rubbers for local league players.

    In fact Niitaku will be launching max version of G1, which got me very excited.

  4. Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 884 1,262
    A
    Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,262 884

    User Info Menu

    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by virtuososiu

    First impressions...
    • There is a distinctive sweet booster smell that was very noticeable as soon as I opened the package. I continued to noticed it during a 3 hour session. In fact, I could still smell it when I was making my way home after the session. It could be psychological, but it did dwell on me.
    • Its plenty fast enough. I put them on a slow 5 ply blade, Stiga Celero. I was able to loop from mid distance.
    • Its easy to spin with. During first hits, I was able to impart high level of spin with minimal effect.
    • On the forehand side, it feels like a nice soft mattress. The softness made me think the ball was staying on the rubber for a relatively long time. I had to remind myself to contract my forearm. Higher level players might find this too soft for forehand?
    • On the backhand side, the hardness felt optimum. I was able to loop and to hit with ease.
    • Its does not feel heavy. I have ultramax on both sides.
    • Control is very good on a 5 ply wood blade. Im sure many will be able to pair R48 with carbon blades that are not too fast.
    • It is not unlike the 1st gen DNA M, but spinnier and nicer.
    • Durability is to be determined
    The properties you describe (soft feeling, high spin level) are an effect of the ENERGY CELL sponge andro introduced with R53. (As a sidenote, curiously enough the newest ENERGY CELL rubber R45 does not feel much softer than its official sponge hardness.)

    I think you have all important points covered, may I add that I have been playing with R48 since it first became available and the durability is good. It always depends on which strokes you play most, how hard you hit, what the playing conditions etc. are, so I don´t want to give a number of hours - but I usually change my rubbers every 3 months like I did with Rasanter R47 which I played before, and the rubbers are good enough to pass them on to youth players who can use them for some time.

    The Following User Likes Airoc's Post:

    virtuososiu


  5. virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 61 266
    virtuososiu's Avatar
    virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 266 61
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Airoc
    The properties you describe (soft feeling, high spin level) are an effect of the ENERGY CELL sponge andro introduced with R53. (As a sidenote, curiously enough the newest ENERGY CELL rubber R45 does not feel much softer than its official sponge hardness.)

    I think you have all important points covered, may I add that I have been playing with R48 since it first became available and the durability is good. It always depends on which strokes you play most, how hard you hit, what the playing conditions etc. are, so I don´t want to give a number of hours - but I usually change my rubbers every 3 months like I did with Rasanter R47 which I played before, and the rubbers are good enough to pass them on to youth players who can use them for some time.

    thanks for sharing airoc

    would you care to elaborate on the kind of stroke that might consume the rubber sooner? not that I will avoid the stroke lol but just being curious. Im guess it either favour hitting (and engaging the sponge) or brushing (and using more top sheet)?


  6. Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 114 189
    Manto76's Avatar
    Manto76 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 189 114
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by virtuososiu
    In fact Nittaku will be launching max version of G1, which got me very excited.
    Also looking forward to trying that when it's available ... although ... "don't fix what isn't broken" comes to mind too!

  7. virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 61 266
    virtuososiu's Avatar
    virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 266 61
    #7
    After another 2-hour training session. I really do see myself using R48 on the backhand. Its really easy to loop and punch from mid distance. The lively sponge pair well with the relatively compact bh strokes.

    On a side note, having used H37 on the BH for few months, it has really encouraged me to "go for it" and the brush/hit the ball hard. It is really good for if you want to develop a stronger BH.
    Last edited by virtuososiu; 07-07-2021 at 01:53 AM.

  8. virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 61 266
    virtuososiu's Avatar
    virtuososiu is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 266 61
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Manto76
    Also looking forward to trying that when it's available ... although ... "don't fix what isn't broken" comes to mind too!

    that is a good mentality 👍


  9. Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 884 1,262
    A
    Airoc is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,262 884

    User Info Menu

    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by virtuososiu

    thanks for sharing airoc

    would you care to elaborate on the kind of stroke that might consume the rubber sooner? not that I will avoid the stroke lol but just being curious. Im guess it either favour hitting (and engaging the sponge) or brushing (and using more top sheet)?

    None particularly. Just wanted to point out that durability depends on so many factors. I guess it´s safe to say anything "active" that implies friction or force will stress the rubber more than a push and block game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.