disadvantages of RPB over TPB?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
I keep hearing about this "no crossover point" on the TPB side (bat facing directly down) being a big deal but when has this ever had an application in the game?
Let's be honest here. Has anybody actually used to this "crossover point" to win real points in a real game?
This whole face down forehand side crossover point is almost always open angle. It can be tilted to a closed angle with great difficulty basically squeezing your wrist. I mean sure it's possible when you start using your shoulder socket but who does that?

I can picture maybe someone being out of position with a ball directed towards bat elbow and with no time to react the player just passively blocks that way and the opponent somehow missing the next ball but aside from that I don't know any real strokes associated with this position.

Aside from having a lighter steup I think all this talk of TPB having any advantages of RPB is a myth by players refusing to adapt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Of course i used the cross over point to win games against shakehand players.

A push or topspin on this point and they have to move, if they dont, which happen alot the play a bad ball or if they move they are not fast enough and there ball didnt make it on the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I keep hearing about this "no crossover point" on the TPB side (bat facing directly down) being a big deal but when has this ever had an application in the game?
Let's be honest here. Has anybody actually used to this "crossover point" to win real points in a real game?
This whole face down forehand side crossover point is almost always open angle. It can be tilted to a closed angle with great difficulty basically squeezing your wrist. I mean sure it's possible when you start using your shoulder socket but who does that?

I can picture maybe someone being out of position with a ball directed towards bat elbow and with no time to react the player just passively blocks that way and the opponent somehow missing the next ball but aside from that I don't know any real strokes associated with this position.

Aside from having a lighter steup I think all this talk of TPB having any advantages of RPB is a myth by players refusing to adapt.

Used to play penhold for quite a long time. TPB still has the advantage of quick recovery close to the table. I heard that in China, there are more than 10 different techniques of TPB including side chop block, sucking, punch and side spin.

In fact, one of our top players plays just one sided penhold and still beat the hell out of many younger aggressive players.