H3 prov sponge shrinking

This user has no status.
Hi yall,
​Have been playing with a H3 prov orange 39 for some time now. I do boost, at first with falco and recently with seamoon since tt11 sells them now, and it started with one layer. However, I found that after every boosting cycle the sponge shrinks more and more and causes a dome with the rubber, with each boosting cycle requiring more booster than the last. I now need 3-4 layers(not even thin) of seamoon to get my rubber to flat. Is it time to just change my rubber? Would appreciate sharing for those who have experienced.

This user has no status.
Hi yall,
​Have been playing with a H3 prov orange 39 for some time now. I do boost, at first with falco and recently with seamoon since tt11 sells them now, and it started with one layer. However, I found that after every boosting cycle the sponge shrinks more and more and causes a dome with the rubber, with each boosting cycle requiring more booster than the last. I now need 3-4 layers(not even thin) of seamoon to get my rubber to flat. Is it time to just change my rubber? Would appreciate sharing for those who have experienced.

If you want to have the right performance with a new rubber, you need to apply a sufficient amount of glue first.
Then apply Seamoon in thin layers to make them consistent.
The rubber must be bent in a semicircle.
Do not apply any more glue. Let it dry well and stick the rubber on the blade.
I do not recommend Falco, it is greasy and dries poorly, the glue is still greasy.
A sufficient amount of glue together with the booster creates the right effect.
Re-strengthening after 1-3 months is done in a different way.
After removal from the blade, the rubber is bent to the opposite side.
Remove the glue from the rubber and apply a booster to straighten the rubber again.
Apply enough glue again and add one coat of Seamoon.
Do not apply more booster, because the rubber would be very stretched and the game properties would change, the striking angle would be higher.
I recommend only one restart with a booster, then use a new rubber.
If the player learns to adjust the rubber properly, then there will be maximum satisfaction.

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
Yeah I guess I just have to change the rubbers... It's a pity because the topsheet is still going strong... On the other hand first time trying a hurricane blue, so umm yeah exciting experience coming soon. Thanks for all the replies so far! Just wished I could extend the life of the rubber just a little bit longer

Last edited: