Anyone think Killerspin Revolution tables are copies if DHS?

This user has no status.
I live near Chicago (headquarters of a certain TT company called "Killerspin"), and have been to their showroom/club once before to play. While there, they had their flagship table called the "Revolution SVR".
However, this looks identical to the iconic DHS Rainbow.
The Killerspin table is not ITTF approved while the DHS table is. Also, DHS has good points to promote their design stating that it is based on "...the stylish Chinese arch design...". This makes me think that Killerspin copied DHS. When I went to their showroom/club, I saw absolutely no influences of arch designs in their architecture besides their table. I don't think that there is even a single notable arch in all of Chicago besides the Jelly Bean.
If you haven't seen the Killerspin Revolution, please look it up.

Anyone know who copied who or perhaps both designers had the EXACT SAME IDEA? -csxstars8696

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. Rebranding happens.

Butterfly's shoes are Asics, or, at least, 3 years ago they were. I doubt that has changed.

Balls are not a big item, but, there are so many companies that sell Poly balls with their company name on them that are either DHS or Double Fish balls rebranded.

Heck, I remember, years ago, a guy who had a club in NYC's Chinatown came home from China and shortly after he got back, a shipment of 20 tables arrived from DHS that were branded with some brand name that he had made up because he wanted to sell tables in the US. The tables were good. They were clearly made by DHS. But they had this branding on them that this guy had come up with while on his trip to China. I can't remember the name. But it was basically something where he was trying to promote the idea of whole families playing TT together. Something like Fathers, Sons, Daughters, Table Tennis.

If a non-existent company like that could get DHS to Rebrand tables...... :)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Then why are they not ITTF certified like the DHS ones?

there is likely a cost involved for having tables certified by ittf.
If one only expect to sell a smaller number of items it is not worth the money to have the certification.
It is all a matter of money.
I find that anybody who is prepared to buy a certain amount of items, will have the opportunity to have the chinese manufacturer
print any name of your choice on them.
so you can get your own brand of tt balls, tables bicycles and even toasters 😁

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. There is a cost. The cost is no small matter. The DHS tables are approved. But if they don't say DHS, DHS is not going to pay for the approval for the ones that are sold under another brand name. KillerSpin would have to do that.
-
I have no idea if the tables are rebranded from DHS or not. But what Lodro said about Chinese products rebranded as products from companies from all over the world is how things are. The company putting their branding on products can and sometimes will have their own quality controls. Regardless of whether it says ITTF Approved or not, if the company's quality control are more stringent than what DHS requires from the tables they sell with the DHS branding, it will end up being a better quality.
-
And we all know from what terrible quality TT balls have sold with the words "ITTF Approved" on them ever since the "new" 40+ Poly Ball was made the official state of play, well....the idea that some of those balls that were worse than any 1-Star celluloid ball were labeled 3-Star and sported ITTF Approval.....based on that, you know it is just about the money. And it costs a lot to get the ITTF Aproved label on a ball too.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
another thing to consider in these modern days is we really do not have the foggiest idea who and where things are being manufactured.
Like : Does DHS actually have their own factory and do they make their own tables ?
Or, are the tables simply made by some unknown factory 2000miles away to DHS specifications.

Pleas do not get me wrong, I am not trying to single out DHS here this goes for just about anything that is being made these days.
Butterfly seems to also have a series of blades and ready made rackets that are made in China.
And my """Australian" curved Soprano sax proved to be made in Taiwan.....................and a bloody good horn it proved to be too 😂

another thing to consider in these modern days is we really do not have the foggiest idea who and where things are being manufactured.
Like : Does DHS actually have their own factory and do they make their own tables ?
Or, are the tables simply made by some unknown factory 2000miles away to DHS specifications.

Pleas do not get me wrong, I am not trying to single out DHS here this goes for just about anything that is being made these days.
Butterfly seems to also have a series of blades and ready made rackets that are made in China.
And my """Australian" curved Soprano sax proved to be made in Taiwan.....................and a bloody good horn it proved to be too 😂

DHS is one of the biggest sporting companies in the world. Yes they have their own factory for different sports.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

DHS is one of the biggest sporting companies in the world. Yes they have their own factory for different sports.

I have no doubt about it.
however
Kawasaki is a Japanese Motorcycle manufacturer .............but my ER 650 has been made in Thailand

[h2]People also ask Where is Kawasaki Ninja 650 manufactured?[/h2]IKM opened its production facility in Chakan, Pune, Maharashtra in July 2017 where it currently assembles the Ninja 300, Ninja 400, Ninja 650, Z650, Versys-X 300, Versys 650, Vulcan S, Ninja 1000, Versys 1000, Ninja ZX-6R and ZX-10R.22/01/20

So, maybe the DHS TT Tables could be manufactured in Kazakhstan
or Peru 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

Then why are they not ITTF certified like the DHS ones?

They have to pay a fee. Kilkerspin apparently doesn't want to.

Edit added, yes, I see that was already mentioned. Killerspin may not bring in enough revenue to do it..They can't be selling much. Once years ago they sponsored a junior in my club with some rblades and ubber they got from China. Then he couldn't use it because the rubber wasn't was not ITTF approved.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This user has no status.

Yeah, I heard this from my tt rep about 9 or 10 years ago - DHS makes the tt equipment for Killerspin. That rainbow table was obvious giveaway.

Killerspin blades (especially the carbon ones) do not play/feel like DHS blades though. The Killerspin rubbers I cant say as I never really tested them.
Killerspin paddles sell pretty good on Amazon.

This user has no status.

Yeah, I heard this from my tt rep about 9 or 10 years ago - DHS makes the tt equipment for Killerspin. That rainbow table was obvious giveaway.

Killerspin blades (especially the carbon ones) do not play/feel like DHS blades though. The Killerspin rubbers I cant say as I never really tested them.
Killerspin paddles sell pretty good on Amazon.

I don't really see Killerspin as a serious TT company. For one, there is a major inconsistency between their name and products- their name is "Killerspin" but in reality the rubbers feel more like "killer-inconsistency with no spin".

Reactions: sampletext