4 Player Small Tourney Commemorating Release of Nexy Etika Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
ETIKA is a very good rubber. Its main characteristic for me is outstanding stability in every situation, which makes you more confident in your own shots and enables you to play with more accuracy or "control" without any loss of spin or power.

Ball contact feels better/longer than with equally hard ESN candidates like Rhyzer 50 or Evolution rubbers.

Compared to ESN high end, I think the likes of Rasanter R53 or Nexxus Hard etc. might offer more "overhead", for lack of better word, meaning power that only very skilled players can activate, and I also think that away from the table ETIKA needs a bit more effort for you to stay in control of the rallye. However, away from the table is not where most "normal" players tend to make their best shots...

On average, ETIKA should also be lighter, my 51 degree version weighing 50 grams cut and glued to the blade. I think R53 and co. exceed that by a few grams.
Lastly, while the 51 degree version is none of the new "feels softer than the nominal hardness would make you think" rubbers, it is no beast to handle. Still I look forward to testing the 47 degree version which I think will fit my needs and skill even better.

Instead of attempting any dwell time, arc and what not comparisons I shall say that my practice partner (first league Germany, women) said that my shot quality with Etika was much better than with the other rubber on the blade, that being a selected version of an ESN rubber, no names mentioned. Nuff said.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Airoc,

I can also say personaly that I switched to Etika 51 degree from much softer FH rubbers, think T05 or FX-S. Etika is decently linear on low to medium impacts - top end much catapult.

I have some rallies at distance and like the performance, I keep the ball on the table enough with Etika on topspin to topspin... each of these shots can be a Quarter Pounder on its own, plenty of power for me... and yes, close to table is where I try to play and lots of power there on fast loop first attack (like say from a dead serve that gets returned a little long)... still, I am a player that emphasizes HEAVY SPIN. Even with 51 hardness, my slow heavy openers are very heavy and troubling. I like that to go along with its other strong areas.