Back to Forum
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 11,039 10,826

Master TTD Member 10,826 11,039

User Info Menu

Bummer - RSM tests positive at airport and cannot go to Olympics (for now)

A FB post from RSM. Dude got all his shots and ended up testing positive, even though he is healthy as a button and tested negative twice before leaving Korea..

It is with great disappointment that I have to inform you that I will not be able to attend the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 at present. Despite having been fully vaccinated with two doses, and I got the 2times negative result in covid-19 test and having taken my departure tests when leaving Korea, however I was tested positive for COVID 19 upon arrival at Narita airport this afternoon. The protocol worked really well, I was immediately brought to the official isolation facility where I will wait until I have the official clearance and it is safe that I leave the room. I am completely asymptomatic which probably has to do with the fact that I am vaccinated. I apologise to the Organising Committee, our hosts here in Japan, and the IOC for the inconvenience I have caused. I want to thank everyone for their diligent work. My case is just another proof that the system put in place to protect all of us is effective.

The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi and zeio

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,947 14,388
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 14,388 15,947
    If it is a false positive, they will figure it out. If he got it on the airport, hopefully he does not end up getting sick.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

Master TTD Member 11,039 10,826

Master TTD Member 10,826 11,039

User Info Menu

Update...

I am in quarantine and following the protocols, so far, I am feeling very well just as normal and during the quarantine for the last couple of days, I have attended meeting twice via online.
    I very much appreciate all the warm and caring messages from all of you.
    Also, I would like to share a very happy and pleasing news that all the people(including my family) who have been in close contact with me before I departed Korea have all been tested negative in their COVID-19 tests.
    I am very happy to hear this wonderful news and I promise I will recover soon.
    Once again, I would like to apologies to all the stakeholders for any inconvenience I have caused
    Thank you

President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa