Bummer - RSM tests positive at airport and cannot go to Olympics (for now)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A FB post from RSM. Dude got all his shots and ended up testing positive, even though he is healthy as a button and tested negative twice before leaving Korea..

It is with great disappointment that I have to inform you that I will not be able to attend the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 at present. Despite having been fully vaccinated with two doses, and I got the 2times negative result in covid-19 test and having taken my departure tests when leaving Korea, however I was tested positive for COVID 19 upon arrival at Narita airport this afternoon. The protocol worked really well, I was immediately brought to the official isolation facility where I will wait until I have the official clearance and it is safe that I leave the room. I am completely asymptomatic which probably has to do with the fact that I am vaccinated. I apologise to the Organising Committee, our hosts here in Japan, and the IOC for the inconvenience I have caused. I want to thank everyone for their diligent work. My case is just another proof that the system put in place to protect all of us is effective.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Update...

I am in quarantine and following the protocols, so far, I am feeling very well just as normal and during the quarantine for the last couple of days, I have attended meeting twice via online.
I very much appreciate all the warm and caring messages from all of you.
Also, I would like to share a very happy and pleasing news that all the people(including my family

1f468_200d_1f469_200d_1f466_200d_1f466.png
) who have been in close contact with me before I departed Korea have all been tested negative in their COVID-19 tests.
I am very happy to hear this wonderful news and I promise I will recover soon.
Once again, I would like to apologies to all the stakeholders for any inconvenience I have caused
Thank you