Nittaku Acoustic Carbon / inner carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
yes i am using Acoustic Carbon Inner from Nittaku.

I can only compare it to Korbel (5-ply wood) that i had used for more than 10 years.
its the only carbon blade that i tried that felt very similar to the Korbel, although it is faster, and i got the feeling its also easier to control, notably to short receive. I feel the ball is going more precisely where i want it to go rather than with Korbel.

all other Carbon blades that i tried are too fast and difficult to control for me.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

I have Acoustic all wood and Acoustic Inner, they both feel very similar!! the inner is a little quicker. Same sort of power shot lands about 350 - 450mm longer for the inner compared to all wood. not precise but it gives you an idea how much faster the inner is.
based on the above, I would think that an Acoustic carbon would be another 300-450mm quicker than the inner, but this is a guess as I don't have an Acoustic carbon!!!

I also have a Viscaria and Zhang Jike ALC, these blades are very similar to each other, for someone of my ability no real difference at all !!! These blades are quicker than the Acoustic inner by at least another 300mm, for me they feel harder and the ball leaves very quickly. i would estimate that an Acoustic carbon would be close to the Viscaria / ZJK ALC as far as speed is concerned, maybe slower??

My personal opinion is that I prefer the Acoustic Inner out of the Carbon Blades I have tried. Another blade with carbon in it that I liked was the old Joola TPE Perform which I believe is now discontinued, different plies used as well.

Even though the Acoustic inner is a great blade, I've still moved back to all wood blades!!!

This user has no status.
Hi,

I have Acoustic all wood and Acoustic Inner, they both feel very similar!! the inner is a little quicker. Same sort of power shot lands about 350 - 450mm longer for the inner compared to all wood. not precise but it gives you an idea how much faster the inner is.
based on the above, I would think that an Acoustic carbon would be another 300-450mm quicker than the inner, but this is a guess as I don't have an Acoustic carbon!!!

I also have a Viscaria and Zhang Jike ALC, these blades are very similar to each other, for someone of my ability no real difference at all !!! These blades are quicker than the Acoustic inner by at least another 300mm, for me they feel harder and the ball leaves very quickly. i would estimate that an Acoustic carbon would be close to the Viscaria / ZJK ALC as far as speed is concerned, maybe slower??

My personal opinion is that I prefer the Acoustic Inner out of the Carbon Blades I have tried. Another blade with carbon in it that I liked was the old Joola TPE Perform which I believe is now discontinued, different plies used as well.

Even though the Acoustic inner is a great blade, I've still moved back to all wood blades!!!

Thanks a lot for comparison.

So Acoustic inner carbon is the closest feeling for the ball compared to all wood blades? Would you describe it as stiff and hard? Or there is some flex? How do you feel the ball when looping and smashing?

I own ZJK ALC and it is very stiff and hard for me (Viscaria same feeling), I can't feel the ball at all and that annoys me.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Thanks a lot for comparison.

So Acoustic inner carbon is the closest feeling for the ball compared to all wood blades? Would you describe it as stiff and hard? Or there is some flex? How do you feel the ball when looping and smashing?

I own ZJK ALC and it is very stiff and hard for me (Viscaria same feeling), I can't feel the ball at all and that annoys me.

You definitely get more of a woody feeling,
blade doesn't feel as stiff as a Viscaria, there is some flex, maybe medium ish!! But it felt very similar to Acoustic wood, no real change in technique was needed at all. the only stand out difference between an acoustic wood and acoustic inner was the speed increase.
Feel when looping can depend on the rubbers used as well, so H3neo 40 degree still felt hard ish, Rakza Z felt softer even though sponge is similar or harder than H3Neo. top sheet make a difference!!!
smashed okay as well !!

Reactions: Marc
This user has no status.
You definitely get more of a woody feeling,
blade doesn't feel as stiff as a Viscaria, there is some flex, maybe medium ish!! But it felt very similar to Acoustic wood, no real change in technique was needed at all. the only stand out difference between an acoustic wood and acoustic inner was the speed increase.
Feel when looping can depend on the rubbers used as well, so H3neo 40 degree still felt hard ish, Rakza Z felt softer even though sponge is similar or harder than H3Neo. top sheet make a difference!!!
smashed okay as well !!

Thanks a lot, I hope h3n was boosted 🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I have heard good things about the Nittaku Septear Feel Inner which is Hinoki /Carbon....There is the Septear Carbon too with it positioned more to the outside.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
So I got a regular violin, a inner carbon violin and two Acoustics. From memory the violin and Acoustic where very similar and I did not need to change much switching between them. I recently switched between the violin inner carbon and the regular acoustic and noticed that the ball throw angle of the inner carbon violin was quite a bit lower than the regular acoustic.i had to change my angle to more open on top spin when using the inner carbon violin.

The feeling of the regular violin was similar to the inner carbon violin.

I hope you can deduce something valuable from this.

I don't think that the inner carbon ones are for beginners, because they are quite a bit faster

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I briefly owned an acoustic and acoustic inner, and have been playing with acoustic outer carbon for a few years now. I can also compare to TB ALC but not viscaria or zjk alc, although I think those three are pretty close.

The normal ALC blades are too metally feeling to me. No feeling, like playing with a frying pan. I don't like them.

The all wood acoustic was fine, nothing special. People talk about it like this amazing blade. But I was playing with cheap sweden classics then and honestly I liked them better than the expensive acoustic. It just didn't wow me in any way, although it was fine and I could have played with it.

I understand why people love inner construction blades. They do feel very much like all wood which is nice. I don't like them because they aren't linear like a true wood blade is. They play slow, slow slow, then like you flipped a switch one more small increment of effort and the ball rockets off the table. This is exactly why people like them, gears. But I hate that non-linear power, it feels bad. Acoustic inner is a great blade if you like inner construction.

For me the acoustic outer carbon large handle is the goldilocks blade. It doesn't feel like five-ply wood, but not like a viscaria either. In between. Great feeling, linear power, the right level of vibrations, comfortable handle, stiff enough for SP but flexi enough to loop. It suits my game well.

YMMV

I'm a returning player from 20+ yrs ago, started up again almost a year ago and made a change 2 weeks ago from a Butterfly Kazan to Acoustic carbon inner blade. I could barely hit the table at first, which didn't really surprise me and played 4 days, 3 hours each day so far.

BTY Kazan summary:
It was 20+ years ago when I bought it and was an OFF+ at the time. Based on 2 user reviews on revspin, the speed rating and stiffness are both a 7 currently with the new ball. I used some of the highest rated control rubber DHS Goldarc 5, 42 deg hardness ESN BH (ESN since its an unusual German DHS Rubber) and 47 deg FH up until a month ago for training so I could bring myself back up to speed before changing to the rubbers in my description.

I found myself feeling I like blocking king on the BH but was never really able to get a decent back hand topspin going until now and the blade was quite slow but relatively easy to play with.

Unfortunately I can't say if it was the blade alone since I changed my BH rubber from Gold arc 5 to Rakza 7 at the same time as well and have been watching training videos, Ti Long, PechPong TT etc again. Basically throwing everything I could to help develop an attacking backhand. I suspect it was a combination of the 3 things since I tried the same techniques before without success but not really sure.

A chart I found online shows speed 7 is an ALL- blade so the NACI with a speed 7 OFF rating is considerably faster and much thinner, 8mm is what I measured the Kazan at vs. 5.5 mm NACI and as expected more flexible.

I was considering switching back to the Gold arc 5 to help me get up to speed with the NACI but I had a couple practice days that went very well and a couple of people from my club that I trust suggested I stick with it since they said I was playing well and recommended I stick with my current rubbers. Great news so far since the big leap in speed had me questioning if that was a good idea at first.

Conclusion:
So far so good and am really looking forward to practicing again tomorrow. I'm confident I can now attack on the BH to take the point instead of simply returning the ball waiting for my opponent to make a mistake which I was getting pretty good at since it was my only tool I could rely on.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I briefly owned an acoustic and acoustic inner, and have been playing with acoustic outer carbon for a few years now. I can also compare to TB ALC but not viscaria or zjk alc, although I think those three are pretty close.

The normal ALC blades are too metally feeling to me. No feeling, like playing with a frying pan. I don't like them.

The all wood acoustic was fine, nothing special. People talk about it like this amazing blade. But I was playing with cheap sweden classics then and honestly I liked them better than the expensive acoustic. It just didn't wow me in any way, although it was fine and I could have played with it.

I understand why people love inner construction blades. They do feel very much like all wood which is nice. I don't like them because they aren't linear like a true wood blade is. They play slow, slow slow, then like you flipped a switch one more small increment of effort and the ball rockets off the table. This is exactly why people like them, gears. But I hate that non-linear power, it feels bad. Acoustic inner is a great blade if you like inner construction.

For me the acoustic outer carbon large handle is the goldilocks blade. It doesn't feel like five-ply wood, but not like a viscaria either. In between. Great feeling, linear power, the right level of vibrations, comfortable handle, stiff enough for SP but flexi enough to loop. It suits my game well.

YMMV
I completely agree with you Brs!

What rubbers to you have on your Acoustic Carbon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022

YMMV
I have recently moved to the Mima Ito Carbon, which I believe is almost indentical to the carbon outer. I agree with your analysis. It's a blade with great control and very linear and predicatable, while retaining loads of feeling in every type of shot. Great all rounder with speen when needed in topspins or smashes. Shory play and serve returns are easy and services have tonnes of spin. Currently using Hexer Powergrip on both sides. I did try a friend's all wood acoustic and I could definitely get morse spin but I didn't play long enough to compare better and the rubbers were different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
There's a special version of the Nittaku Acoustic Carbon available for sale only at TT Kokusai stores in Japan.

It's called the Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Grande. The head size has been increased slightly, and it uses a larger handle. It's an outer FE carbon, but the feel of the blade is supposed to be less hard and bouncy than the Acoustic Carbon (per the marketing by TT Kokusai.

It was on sale 20% off today and I nearly bought it while visiting the TT Kokusai store. But the last blade they had was 91g and too heavy. I also will have no use for an outer carbon blade for a few years at least.

Kinda regret it now. Blade looked nice.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Dear,

I am looking for carbon blade with a lot of feeling, similar to wooden blades.

Based on very few reviews I think acoustic inner carbon might be the one.

Is anybody here using Acoustic Inner carbon? And can you compare it to Acoustic Carbon?

Also how would you compare Acoustic carbon to Viscaria or ZJK ALC?
Donic Waldner Senso Carbon and/or Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon. I think these are 1/3rd of the price of Nittaku blades. I have mine since last 18 years and it still works very well. You can try these as they have very good feeling and control.