Brand compatibility between Blade - Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hi everyone!

I'm looking around for a new setup to use next year. I am currently using Rasanter R48 on both sides but I have noticed that this setup is way too hard for me. The shots I manage to put on are quite powerful but my technique is not polished enough to have decent consistency on those shots.

The setup I am considering is an Andro Gauzy BL7 blade along with rubbers either from the Andro Hexer series or the Tibhar Evolution series. My preference is going slightly in the direction of Hexer Grip in FH and Hexer Powergrip SFX in BH.

Is there an added benefit to using rubbers from the same brand you use as blade over rubbers from a different brand? E.g. that the rubbers were specifically designed to work well with the blades or something like that.

Any other tips about the setup are also welcome,
Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
There isn't really a rule for blade pairing and rubbers from the same company. You should use rubbers that suit you and that you can control. Finding the right rubbers for your blade is a tough process of trial and error. Sometimes the problem is the sponge hardness... If you are using 48 maybe consider knocking the hardness a bit down.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
There isn't really a rule for blade pairing and rubbers from the same company. You should use rubbers that suit you and that you can control. Finding the right rubbers for your blade is a tough process of trial and error. Sometimes the problem is the sponge hardness... If you are using 48 maybe consider knocking the hardness a bit down.

Like I mentioned, I noticed that 48 is way too hard for me. This is why I was looking at rubbers with 45 and 42,5 hardness instead. In the past, I don't think I've ever paired rubbers and blade from the same company, which is why I was interested to know whether or not others had noticed a difference between same brand and different brand blade-rubber. I guess if there would be a difference people would know about it.