What, if any carbon blade would you do you use or recommend for short pimples.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Currently using Sanwei Fextra and Tenergy 05fx and Spinlord Keiler bh.
Now Fextra is amazing for Kieler, I think its fairly stiff but has a softish feel from the limba, excellent for blocking and hitting on bh with pips.

Over my many different efforts with other blades of different types, I have come to the conclusion that you I need a fairly stiff feeling blade for bh to work consistently.

However it is definitely harder at my standard and with my technique to loop fh with fextra and tenergy 05fx.

Flexier 7 plies and 5 plies have been terrible for me with my pip shots, but clearly better for fh loops etc.

So I have come to the conclusion that probably a carbon or more likely inner carbon that would flex a bit more on power loops might assist me on fh.

A decent controllable carbon (limba outer) blade if thick enough should still be good for pips, I think it would be a bit of a compromise on pips but I could always try 2.0mm kieler instead of 1.8mm. It would definitely help my fh spin generation, arc and 3rd ball openers etc.

So what are the short and mid pimple players using and why?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Did you get around to trying the acoustic carbon yet?🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think it is very subjective what everyone likes. I think many short pimple players still use the Clipper. Proably some use carbon aswell. I have used Timo Boll Spirit and Timo Boll ZLC in the past. Falck use his Yasaka carbon blade and a friend of mine with double short pimples use the primorac carbon. Another one that is very high level use Super ZLC Harimoto.

Maybe you can try inner carbon, but how are they in feel? Think 7 ply all wood many times feel faster and stiffer than inner carbon blades.

What is the problem with the forehand loop at the moment? If the blade is to stiff maybe you can try an even softer backside? Or consider working on the stroke?

I like trying equipment myself but i think many times we are looking for a holy grail that do not exist haha. Maybe you can borrow blades from friends or buy some used ones so you will get even more feel for what you like? Buying new blades is a bit of a gamble in my opinion and expensive.

Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think it is very subjective what everyone likes. I think many short pimple players still use the Clipper. Proably some use carbon aswell. I have used Timo Boll Spirit and Timo Boll ZLC in the past. Falck use his Yasaka carbon blade and a friend of mine with double short pimples use the primorac carbon. Another one that is very high level use Super ZLC Harimoto.

Maybe you can try inner carbon, but how are they in feel? Think 7 ply all wood many times feel faster and stiffer than inner carbon blades.

What is the problem with the forehand loop at the moment? If the blade is to stiff maybe you can try an even softer backside? Or consider working on the stroke?

I like trying equipment myself but i think many times we are looking for a holy grail that do not exist haha. Maybe you can borrow blades from friends or buy some used ones so you will get even more feel for what you like? Buying new blades is a bit of a gamble in my opinion and expensive.

Shhh🤫, there is a holy grail, MOG just haven't found it yet.

• Love
Reactions: MOG and Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
I only tried the old discontinued T11 but the new T11+ models with the 2nd outerply should be good.
Predicting it'll be a little better in the short game while being just as fast on quick strokes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I have that fextra before on sp rubber, fextra is too soft for sp maybe because of the two limba outer, stiff and hard blade are better for sp, clipper structure is better for sp like yinhe pd437 same speed as your fextra with a little bit harder feel and a little better control, or you can try my blade palio way005 hard hard and stiff good for sp

Sent from my vivo 1906 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I have that fextra before on sp rubber, fextra is too soft for sp maybe because of the two limba outer, stiff and hard blade are better for sp, clipper structure is better for sp like yinhe pd437 same speed as your fextra with a little bit harder feel and a little better control, or you can try my blade palio way005 hard hard and stiff good for sp

Sent from my vivo 1906 using Tapatalk

I think we have similar tastes. But MOG doesn't play with color sheet on the back side.

He needs something rock hard on the backhand and pillowy soft on the forehand.

PS, I know you Englishmen are grammar sensitive, don't take any of my comments too seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
I tried a lot of blades combined with short pips. Limba is too soft for me, just like hinoki. Koto and other hardwoods come into consideration as a top layer. If it has carbon, that's better. I don't have a problem with FH and I like hard and stiff blade combined with hard FH rubber.

I honestly don't know how to play effectively with soft blade and SP. So my recommendation is hard and stiff blade and then adjust the FH... Softer rubber on FH or more work on FH shots.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Bear in mind I use mid pips, not short. They play quite differently.

I hate Koto on fh, hated xiom solo on fh but loved it on bh
I love limba blades and generally never liked carbon.

I think Fextra is excellent in general and there is a good chance it is the correct blade for me.
Rosewood VII also felt a bit too hard for me on pips and FH.

I have a Scozs 1 but I am not convinced it is any better than the Fextra.

From what I have seen from opponents, there are benefits to Carbon or Carbon inner blades in humid conditions or on slow old dead tables.

I just think a carbon inner but fairly stiff blade will be easier for my fh loop and spin variation, but should still be reasonable on bh.
Last year I briefly tried Ma Lin carbon and for a cheap blade that felt pretty decent to be honest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021

The posting subject says Short pips LOL (I don't know much about your Spinlord rubber)

Johnny Huang made Sardius a household name 25 years ago, I do not know the equivalent or if one exists these days.

Also it depends on whether you loop or hit mostly on your forehand.If you block & smash from both sides you go with a full carbon blade like maybe Ma Lin carbon. A friend I know uses T05 on Ma Lin carbon and his kills and even loop kills are so fast. I have Timo Boll double carbon . Did not like it as I mostly loop from FH.

ALC / ZLC etc blades may be too soft i fyou mostly hit. You want all carbon.

If you mostly loop from FH then you want ALC type rubber on forehand layers & pure carbon on backhand to hit and block with your medium pips.
Your choice of medium pips on backhand is a better choice to block and smash than using a short pips IMO unless you attack like a maniac (Johnny Huang) on your backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021

The posting subject says Short pips LOL (I don't know much about your Spinlord rubber)

Johnny Huang made Sardius a household name 25 years ago, I do not know the equivalent or if one exists these days.

Also it depends on whether you loop or hit mostly on your forehand.If you block & smash from both sides you go with a full carbon blade like maybe Ma Lin carbon. A friend I know uses T05 on Ma Lin carbon and his kills and even loop kills are so fast. I have Timo Boll double carbon . Did not like it as I mostly loop from FH.

ALC / ZLC etc blades may be too soft if you mostly hit. You want all carbon.

If you mostly loop from FH then you want ALC type rubber on forehand layers & pure carbon on backhand to hit and block with your medium pips.
Your choice of medium pips on backhand is a better choice to block and smash than using a short pips IMO unless you attack like a maniac (Johnny Huang) on your backhand.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
It doesn't matter. Any reasonably stiff blade will play exactly the same for you. Just don't use five-ply all wood.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
BRS, did you find it hard to transition to carbon blade with you sp?
I am guessing your carbon does not quite have the rigidity of the 7 ply wood you used before?

Can I assume you switched to carbon to maintain the high levels of speed and spin on the fh, but more so the spin. Which generally for the same input would be greater off a decent carbon blade compared to a stiff 7 ply wood?