Advices on using an AntiSpin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hello,

A friend of mine is going to buy a Yasaka AntiPower on his BH and combinating it with Rakza 7 or 10. As I am 100% spin-oriented player, I'm here to ask you do someone owns that anti spin and is it overall good? Is it like the long pips? (I read good reviews, but anyway). And what about the mounting the rubber on the blade, is it like the ordinal tensors? (We use Xiom VOC FREE). And what about the cleaning of the antispin, is it good at all? Any thoughts about the rubber would be useful, as I personally played against it once.

Best Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Hello,

A friend of mine is going to buy a Yasaka AntiPower on his BH and combinating it with Rakza 7 or 10. As I am 100% spin-oriented player, I'm here to ask you do someone owns that anti spin and is it overall good? Is it like the long pips? (I read good reviews, but anyway). And what about the mounting the rubber on the blade, is it like the ordinal tensors? (We use Xiom VOC FREE). And what about the cleaning of the antispin, is it good at all? Any thoughts about the rubber would be useful, as I personally played against it once.

Best Regards
The Greg Letts article is very good. Greg also has some videos on YouTube about playing with LP and Anti.

I am confused though about who is going to play with the Yasaka Anti Power. YAP.
Is it your friend or you?

There are a couple of things that Greg mentioned that I will stress.
Learn to twiddle! It takes people by surprise when a ball comes back fast with top spin vs slow with back spin or little spin.
Don't be too aggressive. Make the other guy hit those safe no spin balls that Greg mentioned. Wait for a high return unless you are fast enough to step around the ball and FH loop i with lots of top spin. The variation of spin will win points..
Keeping the ball low so hitting the ball at about net height is important unless it is going to be so high you can flat kill.

Anti is different from LP mostly because the Anti will play more consistently than LP. Anti does not have pips that bend whereas LPs play differently whether you are bending the pips or not. For instance, when play with LP 0X and push blocking you want to push through the ball without bending the pips to get the most spin reversal. When chopping with LPs you want to bend the pips so get more grip.

YAP usually comes in 2mm which is thicker than I like. YAP isn't as friction-less as the other antis so it will provide some "spin reversal" but not much. What it will do block hard fast loops well especially if you have soft hands. You can chop with YAP if caught back from the table but most of the time I played a push blocker style of game like I would with LP 0X. Block short and twiddle to attack.

I prefer Best Anti or Super Anti over YAP because they can be had in 1.3mm thicknesses. 2mm YAP seems too thick and mushy but that is my opinion.
Also, keep the rubber clean because the spin reversal will change as the rubber gets dirty. LPs don't have this problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
The Greg Letts article is very good. Greg also has some videos on YouTube about playing with LP and Anti.

I am confused though about who is going to play with the Yasaka Anti Power. YAP.
Is it your friend or you?

There are a couple of things that Greg mentioned that I will stress.
Learn to twiddle! It takes people by surprise when a ball comes back fast with top spin vs slow with back spin or little spin.
Don't be too aggressive. Make the other guy hit those safe no spin balls that Greg mentioned. Wait for a high return unless you are fast enough to step around the ball and FH loop i with lots of top spin. The variation of spin will win points..
Keeping the ball low so hitting the ball at about net height is important unless it is going to be so high you can flat kill.

Anti is different from LP mostly because the Anti will play more consistently than LP. Anti does not have pips that bend whereas LPs play differently whether you are bending the pips or not. For instance, when play with LP 0X and push blocking you want to push through the ball without bending the pips to get the most spin reversal. When chopping with LPs you want to bend the pips so get more grip.

YAP usually comes in 2mm which is thicker than I like. YAP isn't as friction-less as the other antis so it will provide some "spin reversal" but not much. What it will do block hard fast loops well especially if you have soft hands. You can chop with YAP if caught back from the table but most of the time I played a push blocker style of game like I would with LP 0X. Block short and twiddle to attack.

I prefer Best Anti or Super Anti over YAP because they can be had in 1.3mm thicknesses. 2mm YAP seems too thick and mushy but that is my opinion.
Also, keep the rubber clean because the spin reversal will change as the rubber gets dirty. LPs don't have this problem.

Thanks for your answer. My friend will be playing with the AntiSpin, not me. Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the advices. Just to ask, how do we clean that kind of rubbers, I guess a tensor cleaner won't do the job, maybe just some water?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Thanks for your answer. My friend will be playing with the AntiSpin, not me. Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the advices. Just to ask, how do we clean that kind of rubbers, I guess a tensor cleaner won't do the job, maybe just some water?

If the job of an antispin rubber is to NOT GRIP the ball, I think cleaning it is not what you want to do. More dusty = less grip = what you want. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hello,

Best Regards
Never clean Antispin Rubbers. The cleaner the rubber, the lesser the effect of it.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hi! I'm an antispin player.
Yasaka antipower it's not quite like a long pimple. It's more versatile and predictable than a LP. I tried it in the past and i glued it with bty free chack.
It's a very good and safe rubber!