Effects of sponge thickness on short or medium pimples

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
HI

so i have always just got 1.8 sp or mid pip as this just seemed to be in the middle.

recently i tried a rosewood VII and a koto outer blade, but I found it made my pips a bit too bouncy for my personal preference.

but i really liked the rosewood VII in general and it seemed decent on fh.

would going up to 2.00mm kieler give me a little more softness and control, maybe a little less rebound, maybe a feeling off more dwell (relatively) or would thinker sponge just make it more bouncy?

anyone got any experience with the different thickness of pips

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
HI so i have always just got 1.8 sp or mid pip as this just seemed to be in the middle. recently i tried a rosewood VII and a koto outer blade, but I found it made my pips a bit too bouncy for my personal preference. but i really liked the rosewood VII in general and it seemed decent on fh. would going up to 2.00mm kieler give me a little more softness and control, maybe a little less rebound, maybe a feeling off more dwell (relatively) or would thinker sponge just make it more bouncy? anyone got any experience with the different thickness of pips

I don't think its linear. On passive shots it will be more bouncy, less control. The harder you hit, the less difference sponge makes. Also, be careful about med pips and thick sponges, they can start to feel numb. Not sure if 0.2mm is enough to bring about that feedback.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I don't think its linear. On passive shots it will be more bouncy, less control. The harder you hit, the less difference sponge makes. Also, be careful about med pips and thick sponges, they can start to feel numb. Not sure if 0.2mm is enough to bring about that feedback.

Completely agreed to you bro