Is there a softer Xiom rubber comparable with 05fx and FX-S

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Do Xiom make a softer spinny rubber comparable in speed and spin and arc to 05fx?
In that tenergy 05fx, evolution FX-s class

maybe the 40 to 45 degree class

along the lines of the joola green power 365

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I take it the MX-P experiment is over. What didn't you like about it?

low throw
too hard
not enough arc
not as spinny as 05fx
not as much kick off bounce as 05fx
easier for opponent to counter

liked;
smashing
serves
touch shots

think i am just too used to softer rubbers, however this is on a fextra which is pretty flat and stiff

i reckon mx-p on a flexier blade would be excellent to be honest
on a 5 ply wood for example i bet its wonderful

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

low throw
too hard
not enough arc
not as spinny as 05fx

liked;
smashing
serves
touch shots

think i am just too used to softer rubbers, however this is on a fextra which is pretty flat and stiff

Surely you must have tried it on your Stiga Infinity?

low throw
too hard
not enough arc
not as spinny as 05fx

liked;
smashing
serves
touch shots

Frankly speaking I'm very confused.
"lesser spin" usually doesn't go with "good serves".
And the arc is very similar to that of T05fx.
Xiom 7 Euro has a stronger catapult, but a lower arc. I don't think that you would like it.
Anyway your personal perceptions are way different than the usually called "standard", so you really have to try and try and try by yourself.
I hope you find the thing, eventually.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Frankly speaking I'm very confused.
"lesser spin" usually doesn't go with "good serves".
And the arc is very similar to that of T05fx.
Xiom 7 Euro has a stronger catapult, but a lower arc. I don't think that you would like it.
Anyway your personal perceptions are way different than the usually called "standard", so you really have to try and try and try by yourself.
I hope you find the thing, eventually.

so mx-p is spinny if receiving spin, but when you play that spinless guy i found it too hard to impose spin.
this i can still do with tenergy 05fx
maybe because the mx-p is less bouncy i can hack at it more on serves
maybe my fh technique is just too lazy im not sure.

vvk1 i think on the infinity mx-p would have been great

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
If the brand must be Xiom, Vega Pro is harder than the rubbers mentioned but still a friendly rubber to use, Will give back what you put on It.
Classic do It all rubber.

Vega Euro is a bit meh from my point of view, only for ammateurs or people with lazy strokes.

From Other brands, Donic Baracuda & Rakza 7 Will give you what you are looking for.

Kind regards.

This user has no status.
Vega europe is very slow but if you want max spin it is the one for you
Omega VII europe is a very good rubber, hardness 42.5 and plenty of spin and it can hit the ball hard and fast with a decent arc
Vega X has a high arc if that is what you would like, it is a bit harder though, 47.5 , but it is very spinny and very fast

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

so mx-p is spinny if receiving spin, but when you play that spinless guy i found it too hard to impose spin.
this i can still do with tenergy 05fx
maybe because the mx-p is less bouncy i can hack at it more on serves
maybe my fh technique is just too lazy im not sure.

vvk1 i think on the infinity mx-p would have been great

MOG,

#Sign-up Sergey

Our good friend who ought to post on the forums used MX-P for a year or so... often using my 100-300 hrs used sheets of MX-P... that dude is right there with me for the dude who makes the most spin in the entire city, if not the entire Bay Area for U2300 level.

MP-P can spin the ball well, you just have to have the impact and control of strike zone that a good eye and good position offer you. I grant that the entire Tenergy Series on a not-so-optimal 20-30 percent stroke can give a player 70% of the max spin potential... that is very attractive to many players.

Yes, we can call it lazy stroke, or player did not develop, or player sux rocks, or whatever bad things we want to say... but one cannot deny with T05 and T05FX, you can make decent spin with a real crappy stroke and worse impact.

Another appeal of MX-P is on hte low and medium impacts, you know EXACTLY what is gunna happen, because you are gunna get exactly what you did, albeit at a faster resultant rebound speed than the middle of the road rubbers like Vega Pro (which are now pretty much snail mail stuff by these days standards). MX-P is not so spin reactive, so if you can get to the bounce, then also have a soft hand, you can do wonders in a short game using it. It also offers real good medium arc high speed high spin on your big impacts.

Sergey plays a control game and such a class of rubber really made him smile. He liked MX-P, MX-S, MX-K, K1 Hybrid Plus, Nexy Etika, and has stuck with Donic V1 ST (a special Spin Turbo edition).

Someone is gunna look for that rubber, but will need to bust into the Goon Squad HQ Evidence Locker to find a few sheets of the stuff.

• Love
Reactions: MOG