Blade similar to Clipper CR wrb (Xiom extreme S?, Force pro black edition?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Clipper CR is pretty easy to find.

CR means varnished, I didn't find it much different to regular sealing.

WRB means hollow handle. I'm pretty sure the Andro Timber is hollow, but check on the rest.

If you can overlook the hollow handle part, pick anything from the list below, as long as weight and thickness are in the same range, there is less difference across brands than individual variations.

Force Black
Extreme S
Yinhe PD 437
Andro CS7 Tour
Andro Timber 7 OFF/S
Butterfly SK7
Joola Viva
Adidas Strike Wood 7
Adidas Challenge Speed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Tibhar and Adidas have fat handles.
Xiom has malnourished sticks for handles.
Everything else is in between.

Some articles say it’s slower some say faster some say the same. You gotta trust your self, Experiement with different setups. Anyway it’s going to have controlled rubbers so it won’t be too fast with like mxp.

There made from wood, and wood is a “living” material. No two individuals are going to be identical. There going to be similar at best. The specified characteristics are basically an average.

Cheers
L-zr

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
CR means varnished, I didn't find it much different to regular sealing.
I think that CR is a UV Light treatment of the top ply that hardens it. But it is not a varnish or sealant. My memory of the CR blades I have held in my hand, the top ply of the blade felt like naked wood. I think Stiga's NCT is a layer on top of the wood that would be like sealant but much harder than a normal sealant. But CR, I think that they are treating and hardening the top ply with some process having to do with UV (Ultra Violet) light.
--
In the end, I think, if you want a Clipper, you get a Clipper.
--
It should not be too hard to find a Clipper. You should be able to find a CR or a regular and Lasta is definitely right that the CR and the regular are hard to tell apart.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, whether it was a regular Clipper or a Clipper CR, I would seal it because Stiga blades are notorious for having the top ply get damaged when changing rubbers.

Still Clipper has amazing feel. So, it is good choice as a blade.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Guys so my choises are extreme S and force pro black edition. What would be the closest one of those two?

Why don't you just get a clipper? Not much difference in price.

Otherwise, ask your friend for the weight and thickness, ask the shop for something similar.

Reactions: SamTheMan
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Guys so my choises are extreme S and force pro black edition. What would be the closest one of those two?

Why don't you just get a clipper? Not much difference in price.

Otherwise, ask your friend for the weight and thickness, ask the shop for something similar.

Here Lasta is definitely right. If you are hoping for the blade closest to a Clipper, it is definitely a Clipper. The idea of insisting on getting something else that is "like" the original thing is kind of silly. They are all good blades. But Clipper does have a kind of unique feel to it. I have played the Extreme S. It is a great blade. But it really does not feel like a Clipper. It also does not have the same kind of sound as the Clipper.

Get a Clipper or decide you want something that is not a Clipper. But the other blades really are not going to "like" a Clipper.

It is also interesting that this last post of yours makes it sound like you are hoping someone else can make up your mind for you. Regardless of which blade you choose, you are going to have to make the choice yourself.

Last edited:

None, both are way faster than Clipper. If you want something like Clipper with an I creased speed but not hard to control go with Yinhe Pd 437.437. The most underrated 7 ply blade in the market.

This user has no status.
B6077636-83E9-4576-8AC7-52755272D91C.jpeg

What about this

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
B6077636-83E9-4576-8AC7-52755272D91C.jpeg

What about this

Batch variation. Note the part about "weight and thickness" makes more difference than which brand.

Officially, most of these blade state 6.7mm. My Clipper is 6.5, CS7 was 7.1. Thus CS7 was faster. Now, if someone comes in with a 7.2 clipper, sure I'll yield.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you tried 100 different Clippers and 100 different Force Pro Black, you would find a wide variety of speeds and feelings. You would also find a wide variety of weights.

Wood was once alive. Someone saying one blade is faster than another based on only trying one of each blade is just not going to be very accurate information. And yet people do it all the time based on a very limited set of experiences.

But it is rare to find something that has that crisp, crunching feeling of a good Clipper. That unique feel, I am not 100% sure you will find it in the blades that are "like" a Clipper. I believe the Joola Viva is made in the factory they make Clippers and the main things that are different are the solid handle and that it is a little thinner. That is the blade I have tried that is closest to a Clipper. But, the last time I tried one was almost a decade ago.

Last edited: