Victas V > 11 Extra

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Can people comment on this? Particularly comparing it to Tenergy 05 and my favourite Fastarc G-1. After half year with Rakza Z (boosted and naked), my backhand gets better of course because it shouldn’t depend on rubber. But still I want to come back to Fastarc G-1. I prefer a bit more catapult and a lot higher arc, aiming at consistency and control than power.

I saw this one from Victas, which looks more high-tech, lighter and similar arc probably. So get tempting to try (as I’ll have to change rubber anyway).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Seem like Liam Pitchford is not helping VICTAS enough? Nobody has tried this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I'm currently using it on the BH on one of my blades but the last time I played with a G-1 was maybe two years ago and I didn't like it very much (from what I read it seemed to be a good replacement for Vega Pro)... What I can say is that the V>11 has a lower throw (flatter trajectory) than G-1 or RZ although the topsheet is very grippy (and works in high humidity environments). It is faster than the G-1, has more catapult but is still linear and "easy" to play/"control". The G-1 always felt somewhat like it wants to be played only in its own specific way but didn't like the way I wanted to play it.
Weight of my 2.0mm V>11: ~42g to 43g cut to a 157 mm x 150 mm TSP/Victas Swat.

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
My backhand has been changing too drastically since I switched to RZ so I’m not even sure about my memory of Gastarc G-1 anymore. But in the context of ignoring my own experience, V>15 extra looks better as it’s being used by a few top players. I’m just a bit curious why Victas advertises V>11 as the same but lighter and no pros even try! (They could make Double Extra version out of it for the same weight as v>15 extra I guess).

I’ll probably let v>15 have a go for half year and then think again.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Can people comment on this? Particularly comparing it to Tenergy 05 and my favourite Fastarc G-1. After half year with Rakza Z (boosted and naked), my backhand gets better of course because it shouldn’t depend on rubber. But still I want to come back to Fastarc G-1. I prefer a bit more catapult and a lot higher arc, aiming at consistency and control than power.

I saw this one from Victas, which looks more high-tech, lighter and similar arc probably. So get tempting to try (as I’ll have to change rubber anyway).

Higher arc than RZ???? Never used G1 but if it has a higher arc than RZ, that ball is gonna have ice on it on the way back down !!!!!!😆

• Haha
Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020

Higher arc than RZ???? Never used G1 but if it has a higher arc than RZ, that ball is gonna have ice on it on the way back down !!!!!!😆

Maybe ‘cause my backhand wasn’t good back then. Haven’t tried it back since. (The sheet is pretty much dead) But I wouldn’t say RZ arc very much. Also it could partly due to its harder feel which makes me have a tendency to hit quite hard with it, which honestly may contribute to why my backhand’s been getting better a lot faster with it. (I do quite an aggressive backhand.) But at some point I realise that if you want to play backhand like forehand, you’d better be a little chubbier. So I’d prefer a more european rubber.

I might change my mind in 1 month time though as I still have 1 month left for the RZ 🤣 But very few aggressive backhand loopers play with tacky rubbers Dima, Fan (tacky users) use Dignics 05. Timo & Ma Long use tacky as they have a more control backhand. I know these don’t make sense and I don’t buy them very much myself (which is why I took the courage to try RZ. As whatever rubber I try, I’ll stick with it for at least 3 months) but I’d give it a go.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Hi Tango,Did I already share this review with English subtitles? The player compares V>11 extra (black) with V>15 extra (red)V11 looks good. I have two sheets but haven’t used them yet. They are quite lightweight.https://youtu.be/GD8xUg1yvn4

Cheers! I watched this before I opened the thread. The guy is a world class player (ranked 32 once) with a wide variety of shots. Very very honest VICTAS I have to say, leaving the room for him to say whatever he wants. In general he says v>11 is less powerful, less direct, less spinny, but more forgiving. He also implies it suits beginner-intermediate (probably better than v>15?). If I only took his words, I would just pick v>15, saving myself some trials. But would love to hear more.

Btw, I watched his video about v>15 as well, in which he explained some effects of harder rubbers on strokes, different timings between loop drive and loop spin etc. Quite educational. The part about loop spin (grab the ball more in his language) is eye opening for me. Myself prefer spinning the ball a lot had troubles understanding coaches saying taking the ball in front of you (a loop drive), since it’s bloody hard to spin a lot. He just exaggerated the strokes and talked through it. Very impressive. (Coaches tend to say - if you want to spin more, wait for the ball a little more. But sometimes it takes this sort to understand more easily)

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Maybe ‘cause my backhand wasn’t good back then. Haven’t tried it back since. (The sheet is pretty much dead) But I wouldn’t say RZ arc very much. Also it could partly due to its harder feel which makes me have a tendency to hit quite hard with it, which honestly may contribute to why my backhand’s been getting better a lot faster with it. (I do quite an aggressive backhand.) But at some point I realise that if you want to play backhand like forehand, you’d better be a little chubbier. So I’d prefer a more european rubber.

I might change my mind in 1 month time though as I still have 1 month left for the RZ 🤣 But very few aggressive backhand loopers play with tacky rubbers Dima, Fan (tacky users) use Dignics 05. Timo & Ma Long use tacky as they have a more control backhand. I know these don’t make sense and I don’t buy them very much myself (which is why I took the courage to try RZ. As whatever rubber I try, I’ll stick with it for at least 3 months) but I’d give it a go.

I found RZ to be pretty bouncy when the sponge was engaged and with higher than average arc, this seemed to be the consensus from quite a few players using RZ.
When I put RZ on a Viscaria it livened up even more!! Faster than expected!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
If you put anything on Viscaria. It’s going to be faster than expected 🤣 It’s certainly very fast. I have no complain about its speed. Had I use it on my forehand, I need a table twice the length! To be fair, in a high impact, fully timed shot when you have the full swing, you don’t really have to worry about bounciness very much and these rubbers are very similar. (The differences are more obvious than meaningful. They are quite different but they end up the same)

Probably the tack plus the hardness makes it difficult to control for me on more control shot when you have to take the ball very early. It’s quite difficult to give the right amount of speed (making me either too thin or too smashy than I wanted). (Its spin is marvellous though. I misread a float as a heavy backspin and tried to load a lot of top spin on it with thin brush. It went up to head height but the kick was so tricky that my training partner didn’t know what to do with it but just touched and it went off!!! If the ball isn’t too heavy, you can flick away all of them without much technique!!!)

Also if you play spin and try to last longer than the opponent (like Ma Long backhand), returning all the balls at pace, it’s great. Probably because it’s quite direct (easier to aim), and tacky (you can counter top spin with a tiny movement and the ball will be safe).

The tack lasts really long as well.

Now it looks like I should change the thread name to RZ Review 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019

Straight out of the package V-11 extra felt to me the most amazing rubber for BH. I have never tried T05 but I use G-1 for FH. Compared to G-1, V11 feels softer during stroke, faster and produces flatter curve. V-11 is less responsive to incoming spin and very easy to play with. G-1 and V-11 are very different rubbers.

I played with a blade with V-11 on BH for 4-5 months against a robot for maybe 80-100 hrs. Somewhere along the way the rubber lost its magic and became fairly bland. Unfortunately, I don't remember when the transition happened.

I plan to re-experience the process with a new sheet at some point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
After 100hrs with robot, even a truck tire would lose its magic 😂 Thanks a lot for the comment. The softer feel is not very encouraging for me. I felt like G1 was perfect but I’ve been with harder RZ for a while so I guess softer than G1 is a bit kinda too much. But again nothing is for sure :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019

Straight out of the package V-11 extra felt to me the most amazing rubber for BH. I have never tried T05 but I use G-1 for FH. Compared to G-1, V11 feels softer during stroke, faster and produces flatter curve. V-11 is less responsive to incoming spin and very easy to play with. G-1 and V-11 are very different rubbers.

I played with a blade with V-11 on BH for 4-5 months against a robot for maybe 80-100 hrs. Somewhere along the way the rubber lost its magic and became fairly bland. Unfortunately, I don't remember when the transition happened.

I plan to re-experience the process with a new sheet at some point.

80-100 hours could be only 40 hours of actual hitting time. it is hard to count the hours. my point was that V-11 died before that and I did not notice when this happened (after 30 hours of pure hitting time against the robot maybe(?)). As a comparison, an old C-1 was on FH and it did not change dramatically.

I've just slapped a brand new V-11 on BH and will report how this one behaves. In 2.0 mm it weighs 58.2 g. uncut!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Probably due to less rubber being used, it’s less durable. (It’s lighter in the end).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Hi Tango

I have been using V11 quite a bit.

I have it on FH and BH on one bat
And on BH with TripleDoubleExtra on FH on my other.

Obviously originally I got it because of the weight and yes it is VERY VERY light.

Trajectory is pretty flat (maybe too flat) not a very high arc.
Hit a good shot though and it really grips, get excellent spinny shots and is very satisfying.
It is very controllable and you feel confident playing from anywhere.

What I would say though is that you don't quite get shots with that extra "quality",
as you might to with Tenergy/Dignics. That unreturnable shot isn't quite there.

I haven't tried V15 but I would guess that this is where the difference would lie.
I think V15 and V11 have the same topsheet (I think), and can say that the V11 topsheet is really good.
As for wear - not too sure, seems "fine" so far,

Compared to G1 - can't say, mainly because I can't really remember, have only used it on friends' bats,
but if it's catapult you're after then maybe look elsewhere.

(Side note regarding TDE, you really get out what you put in with this rubber,
it is much slower, spinny and controllable.
I love it personally but think it's going to totally change my style from far back looping to close all out attack).

(Another side note, I'm not that good and getting old so don't listen too much to me).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Thanks a lot. It’s very helpful. You’re confirming what that youtube video told me so it’s great to hear. (As that guy was way too pro).
I have H3 on my forehand (been with it since the beginning of time 😅 ) so can understand your feeling about TDE.

Summing up what people say it seems RZ that I’m using is actually quite high throw, more than these rubbers. It’s probably the hardness that makes me feel it’s too flat on the close to the table shots. (Not that it’s flat but automatically once I feel it lacks penetration, I focus more on going throw, which reduces my arc).
My backhand is a lot harder than G1 days anyway. So it’s difficult to compare 😅 May just let the past go.

It’s a bit unfortunate that I can’t test these rubbers on the forehand to be objective as I’m too used to H3 that all ESNs feel the same on the forehand side once I switch.

Hope Victas will make harder sponge with this new technology soon, so we have harder feel with same weight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

It’s a bit unfortunate that I can’t test these rubbers on the forehand to be objective as I’m too used to H3 that all ESNs feel the same on the forehand side once I switch.
That's what I'm doing at the moment (V>11 on FH) because my Triple Extra becomes more or less an antispin in our gym (H3s are between grippy and slightly slippery)...
Hope Victas will make harder sponge with this new technology soon, so we have harder feel with same weight.

Maybe the currently unreleased V>15 Sticky https://equipments.ittf.com/#/equipment_preview/racket_coverings/3318
Hopefully they release it in October together with the new colored rubbers https://www.victas.com/ja_jp/color-rubber (V>15 Extra in blue and Ventus Extra in pink)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
🤩

I think that V>15 sticky is more V>15 like. Direct competitor of Dignics 09c / RZ etc. TDE / TE are more Chinese, or so I heard.
I don’t think they are going to release it soon. Otherwise they would have been advertising hard.