Replacement for Victas VJ>07 Regular

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for insights about a new rubber. I'm currently playing with Victas VJ>07 Regular (Black, 2mm) in my backhand. I really like the control and the pace of the rubber, but I find it lacking in grip. I feel like the ball slips easily from the rubber.
I also tried DHS Neo Hurricane 3, which in my experience has a similar speed compared to VJ>07R. What I really liked about this one was the grip you had on the ball. As I said, similar speed, and similar control to VJ>07R, but my club has a tendency of getting moist air really easily, which settles on the tacky rubber.

In short, I'm looking for a rubber with the same speed and control (or similar) of the VJ>07R but with more grip.
Thanks in advance for the help !

I am updating the question :
I'm still looking to replace my VJ>07R by something non-tacky if possible.
I just wanted to know if the gap between a Rakza X Soft (RXS) and the VJ>07R would be too big in terms of speed. They apparently have similar control but the RXS has more grip and speed.
I already play with a Rakza 7 Soft, so if someone could make a comparison using this one, it would help me to understand better, I think...
Thanks in advance !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I play with neither of the 2 LOOOL But post below is my understanding.

You won’t find many players using Victas stuff, at least in Europe. (That’s why Liam Pitchford is important to them.) So asking for comparison is a bit of a pain.

Last edited:
It's really a shame that Victas hasn't that many people using it. I think it's a really good brand, even though I've only used VJ>07R regularly. I will talk with my equipment vendor about the Victas V15 and Triple Regular idea. He always gives great advice. But I'm not ditching Rakza X Soft just yet. If the speed difference isn't too pronounced, then it should be okay for me. I'm hoping someone can give their insight about this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Over the last 18 months, I tried few Victas rubbers.

The VJ07R is a bit special, it's very light though it's not very soft, my guess is that by looking for something with more grip you'll find heavier rubbers.

The V15 is faster and more bouncy so I found it more difficult in passive game. The V03 is somewhere in between the VJ07 and the V15, still bouncy.

The one that I liked the most for control, pushes and blocks while still fast for flat hitting was the VS401, its only drawback was it weight. With a H3 Neo on forehand and VS401 on backhand, my racket was too heavy for me. If you don't mind the weight and you'd like to stay with Victas, you could try it but it's difficult to say because you did not describe your style.

Last edited:
Over the last 18 months, I tried few Victas rubbers.

The VJ07R is a bit special, it's very light though it's not very soft, my guess is that by looking for something with more grip you'll find heavier rubbers.

The V15 is faster and more bouncy so I found it more difficult in passive game. The V03 is somewhere in between the VJ07 and the V15, still bouncy.

The one that I liked the most for control, pushes and blocks while still fast for flat hitting was the VS401, its only drawback was it weight. With a H3 Neo on forehand and VS401 on backhand, my racket was too heavy for me. If you don't mind the weight and you'd like to stay with Victas, you could try it but it's difficult to say because you did not describe your style.

Oh yes, sorry... I completely forgot about telling you about my playing style.
I'm an attacking player. I play with a combi blade, with Rakza 7 Soft on the forehand. My game relies on topspin strokes on the forehand to attack and controlling the ball on the backhand (though I would like to learn to attack on this side as well).
Having a H3 Neo on the backhand is the maximum wieght I'm willing to have on the racket. It eats up too much of my energy otherwise.
I hope this helps giving better advice ! 😀