Which rubbers?

This user has no status.
OK. If you didn't watch amateur matches on YouTube with rating described that close to your level, you won't understand when we mention levels.

By the way, I have no idea about pimples but hard blade means;
- requires more precision on fast shots,
- requires more effort to generate spin,
- low arc doesn't allow you to play wide angles
- it forces you to play faster, because playing allround or slow topspin is less effective

Hard blade with slow rubbers or soft blade hard rubbers depend really on blade, rubber and player's preference and there are too many options.

For example, I was using Timo Boll Alc with Tenergy 05 and tried my friend's racket Jun Mizutani Super ZLC with Tenergy 05FX.

It felt definitely faster. Ball was reaching to blade easier and my shots were going with less spin but more speed. Then I tried to close the angle of racket more. It worked but I didn't like that much speed in my game.

Kind of what i am having a problem with, because with a fast racket and hard rubber i can't make best control with it, but i can generate speed easily and effectively, but spin i don't know how, while with another racket that is slower a bit or all round and soft rubber in BH i feel like i have better control, but less speed as well, so i lost the balance between control and speed, spiny serves mostly making it difficult, but all what i am trying to say is that i want to add one more last blade and i am hoping to find rubbers that are cheaper than Tenergy or Butterfly rubbers but it performs nicely, Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft is amazing in BH for me.

This user has no status.
I would say you are definitely not a beginner. If you can loop using your current setup, Hao III with T05, you are at least an intermediate player by any means, Chinese or European. We are all far far far far ..... worse than pro Chinese players, but it doesn't mean we are beginners. People are confused in this post, because you said you are a beginner but you also showed the experience and knowledge out of a beginner.

Although I am sure you are not a beginner, I can't tell whether you are an intermediate or advanced player. If you are a normal intermediate player, we still wouldn't suggest hard carbon blade to you, but you said your play is better with hard blade than all wood flexible blade, then I think you are high-intermediate to advanced. More confused.

Just make the question simple. Try your current rubbers or other cheap common rubbers, and play with your friends or coaches, tell people your feeling with the rubbers, then people may get roughly idea what rubbers may suit you better.

This user has no status.
I would say you are definitely not a beginner. If you can loop using your current setup, Hao III with T05, you are at least an intermediate player by any means, Chinese or European. We are all far far far far ..... worse than pro Chinese players, but it doesn't mean we are beginners. People are confused in this post, because you said you are a beginner but you also showed the experience and knowledge out of a beginner.

Although I am sure you are not a beginner, I can't tell whether you are an intermediate or advanced player. If you are a normal intermediate player, we still wouldn't suggest hard carbon blade to you, but you said your play is better with hard blade than all wood flexible blade, then I think you are high-intermediate to advanced. More confused.

Just make the question simple. Try your current rubbers or other cheap common rubbers, and play with your friends or coaches, tell people your feeling with the rubbers, then people may get roughly idea what rubbers may suit you better.

All friends or most of them who are playing regularly and few coaches only recommend Tenergy, i have those enough and i don't want to keep buying them always or over and over again, unless if that new blade will be my last then i don't mind, but then when the rubber is dead again or lose performance then i don't want to keep spending on Tenergy or expensive Butterfly rubbers.

I will till you honest, i can do all kind of shots, FH loop, drive, chop, flick, block, whatever, even with backhand, but that is nothing much if i can't win players better than me which means they are trained or experienced or pro, so i don't know what i can call myself, if i said i am intermediate then maybe someone in the club can beat me and they call him an intermediate player, but i am not that beginner who doesn't know about shots or footwork or placement and such, but i can't call myself intermediate until i feel like i am a better player than beginners anyway.

This user has no status.

All friends or most of them who are playing regularly and few coaches only recommend Tenergy, i have those enough and i don't want to keep buying them always or over and over again, unless if that new blade will be my last then i don't mind, but then when the rubber is dead again or lose performance then i don't want to keep spending on Tenergy or expensive Butterfly rubbers.

I will till you honest, i can do all kind of shots, FH loop, drive, chop, flick, block, whatever, even with backhand, but that is nothing much if i can't win players better than me which means they are trained or experienced or pro, so i don't know what i can call myself, if i said i am intermediate then maybe someone in the club can beat me and they call him an intermediate player, but i am not that beginner who doesn't know about shots or footwork or placement and such, but i can't call myself intermediate until i feel like i am a better player than beginners anyway.

I understand what you mean. There is nothing wrong with being humble, at least better than being arrogant.

If you are simply asking for a cheaper alternative of T05, there are many of them, cheaper but not as good as T05, but may suit you. They are softer than T05.
Betterfly Rozena, Donic Bluefire M1, Tibhar Evolution MXP.

Well, I saw you had Tibhar MXP but less consistent, you may consider MXS or ELP.
MXS is harder but a litter bit sticky, a product between tacky rubber and non tacky rubber. It is not as fast as MXP but better in Spin.
ELP has softer sponge, mostly used on BH but it not wrong on FH.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

I understand what you mean. There is nothing wrong with being humble, at least better than being arrogant.

If you are simply asking for a cheaper alternative of T05, there are many of them, cheaper but not as good as T05, but may suit you. They are softer than T05.
Betterfly Rozena, Donic Bluefire M1, Tibhar Evolution MXP.

Well, I saw you had Tibhar MXP but less consistent, you may consider MXS or ELP.
MXS is harder but a litter bit sticky, a product between tacky rubber and non tacky rubber. It is not as fast as MXP but better in Spin.
ELP has softer sponge, mostly used on BH but it not wrong on FH.

Cool, i will see if one coach has those rubbers from Tibhar, because he is dealing with Tibhar more, and he is using FXP, i tested that and it was good enough, so i will see those your recommendations, although i still want to use DHS Hurricane III again not sure which version.

This user has no status.

Cool, i will see if one coach has those rubbers from Tibhar, because he is dealing with Tibhar more, and he is using FXP, i tested that and it was good enough, so i will see those your recommendations, although i still want to use DHS Hurricane III again not sure which version.

If you are willing to boost it every month or at least every two months, normal Hurricane III is fine. Not less than 40 degree for FH.
If you don't want to boost it and you want normal Hurricane III, 39 degree exactly for FH. but it is far worse than boosted 40 degree.
If you don't want to boost it, you can also try Neo Hurricane III 40 degree, but please note that the rubber will become as 'dead' as normal Hurricane III after 4-5 months . After that, you are either get used to it or boost it.
Pro vision Hurricane III is better if you don't boost it, but boosting still gets better. The problem is always you don't know which one is counterfeit product.
No need to mention National version.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

If you are willing to boost it every month or at least every two months, normal Hurricane III is fine. Not less than 40 degree for FH.
If you don't want to boost it and you want normal Hurricane III, 39 degree exactly for FH. but it is far worse than boosted 40 degree.
If you don't want to boost it, you can also try Neo Hurricane III 40 degree, but please note that the rubber will become as 'dead' as normal Hurricane III after 4-5 months . After that, you are either get used to it or boost it.
Pro vision Hurricane III is better if you don't boost it, but boosting still gets better. The problem is always you don't know which one is counterfeit product.

Sometime ago, out of curiosity I bought a National DHS neoH3 max hardness and max sponge thickness just to satisfy my curiosity. It cost me USD 80.00 for that piece of rubber. My review: It a darn dead rubber even with boosting. At the back of my mind, I have this nagging feeling it could be a fake one. I will never ever buy another Nat Level DHS neo 3 rubber ever! I can never be sure if it is real or fake. The surface is very matt and dead and not very tacky compared to other tacky rubber.

Contrast this to another tacky rubber I bought before: Provincial Blue Sponge Friendship Battle 2. This one is one helluva tacky rubber. Its surface is gleaming and glossy and extremely tacky to the touch. Also another good, in fact an awesome replacement for DHS neoH3 Nat Level rubber is the Nittaku Turbo Pro Blue Sponge H3 which in my opinion surpasses even the National Level DHS neoH3 rubber by a mile. These superb tacky rubber cost less than half of the DHS neoH3 Nat Level rubber.

My personal advise: Stay away from Nat Version DHS neoH3 for there are just too many fakes around. Better to go for lesser known brand to avoid getting conned.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You guys who are responding to Tareq, you might want to read some of his posts from years past. Also note that he has exponentially more posts than most people attempting to help him in this thread. Exceptions to that are Igor and BrokenBall. Everyone else, he has at least 6x more posts than you. Think about it and read some of his posts from the past.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Alright. He is at this forum for 6 years. That amount of experience may put him intermediate-advance category, if he trained properly. My advice would be;

- Stay with the equipment that you trained most
- Sell or give all other equipments you have if you are person like me who always tries different combinations even if you play best with only one combination. If you do this, you will have less confusion. Every equipment has its own pros and cons. You may feel good when you try new, you adjust the stroke, Voilà! But you won't be doing that adjustment during game as reflex for months. You are going to think about the adjustment, and have less focus on game...

Over the years, I changed my forehand rubber alot, but backhand was always same. Now I am very confident with my backhand stroke, winning mostly with it but forehand is like flipping coin although I train forehand most of my trainings.

Trying new things is fun. But you are paying with months of hard training just to be at the same level you have already been. Aand it's not guaranteed to get any better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Not everybody is playing to get better (like me). Some of us do it for fun, should we get better that’s a bonus.

Cheers
L-zr

You are right. Frankly, winning or playing quality balls, doing less mistake, tactically being able to play well, getting better are more fun than trying new equipment. Maybe your joy of trying new equipments is more dominant than other elements.

Reactions: Lazer
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
He may be a beginner. Decades of playing on and off may or may not get you better.

The actual issue is how he gets people sucked into discussions that can sometimes be contentious. How, you answer a question and then he questions you confrontationally and tells you his opinion.

I am not sure he knows or means to. But it is trolling. Is it on purpose or accidental? I am not going to judge. I think, in many ways Tareq is quite interesting and he is definitely quite intelligent. But it is worth noting how, the pattern set up above, is something he has done so many times before.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
He has definitely presented himself as a beginner in the past and also as more advanced. One time, while looking at the play of 2 2400 level players (USATT rated) he said he could beat them and that anyone at his club could beat them. I think this more reflects that it is hard to tell by watching what level or how good a players is until they get to a very very high level. Also, how we can overestimate our abilities when watching someone else.

I also remember him talking about how, the only reason players at the club he played at would beat him is that they would serve to his BH and he was not good at receiving serve with his BH. So, for a time he used LP on BH. Perhaps he still does from time to time. That was what he was doing then. When he faced someone whose serves he could not handle, he would use his LP setup.

Take all that for what it is worth. Nothing wrong with getting wrapped up in trying to help him. But feel free to go through his posting history to see how certain patterns repeat themselves.

This user has no status.

That is the problem, in fact i still don't know which version of Hurricane III i have because i bought it as used, already cut and without box or label.

This user has no status.
Sometime ago, out of curiosity I bought a National DHS neoH3 max hardness and max sponge thickness just to satisfy my curiosity. It cost me USD 80.00 for that piece of rubber. My review: It a darn dead rubber even with boosting. At the back of my mind, I have this nagging feeling it could be a fake one. I will never ever buy another Nat Level DHS neo 3 rubber ever! I can never be sure if it is real or fake. The surface is very matt and dead and not very tacky compared to other tacky rubber.

Contrast this to another tacky rubber I bought before: Provincial Blue Sponge Friendship Battle 2. This one is one helluva tacky rubber. Its surface is gleaming and glossy and extremely tacky to the touch. Also another good, in fact an awesome replacement for DHS neoH3 Nat Level rubber is the Nittaku Turbo Pro Blue Sponge H3 which in my opinion surpasses even the National Level DHS neoH3 rubber by a mile. These superb tacky rubber cost less than half of the DHS neoH3 Nat Level rubber.

My personal advise: Stay away from Nat Version DHS neoH3 for there are just too many fakes around. Better to go for lesser known brand to avoid getting conned.

In fact i wasn't think about National version at all, only regular H3 or Provincial at least, but i won't decide on any H3 rubber yet until i see more opinions and suggestions, then i can see what i can choose.

This user has no status.
You guys who are responding to Tareq, you might want to read some of his posts from years past. Also note that he has exponentially more posts than most people attempting to help him in this thread. Exceptions to that are Igor and BrokenBall. Everyone else, he has at least 6x more posts than you. Think about it and read some of his posts from the past.

Thanks for spreading this out, appreciate it.

This user has no status.
Alright. He is at this forum for 6 years. That amount of experience may put him intermediate-advance category, if he trained properly. My advice would be;

- Stay with the equipment that you trained most
- Sell or give all other equipments you have if you are person like me who always tries different combinations even if you play best with only one combination. If you do this, you will have less confusion. Every equipment has its own pros and cons. You may feel good when you try new, you adjust the stroke, Voilà! But you won't be doing that adjustment during game as reflex for months. You are going to think about the adjustment, and have less focus on game...

Over the years, I changed my forehand rubber alot, but backhand was always same. Now I am very confident with my backhand stroke, winning mostly with it but forehand is like flipping coin although I train forehand most of my trainings.

Trying new things is fun. But you are paying with months of hard training just to be at the same level you have already been. Aand it's not guaranteed to get any better.

If i was training or taking training i will stop buying stuff long time ago, but i am not taking training then my buying more equipment is still going, but i am almost at the end of it, i already said i am happy with my DHS Hao 3 and Long 5 X, i play with Hao 3 since 4 years i believe and Long 5X since last year, i even got back to my Primorac EX which i have it since 5 years, other rackets i sold and still waiting to sell [i lost one racket].

Wanted to get that Long 5 Light to be my new and last blade, someone tested my Long 5 X and he has Long 5 regular one, he is a skilled high level player, he liked my racket more, and he has like over 20 rackets and more than 50 rubbers, he is testing so so many blades, very funny if he is a high level players, but then i knew it is all about fun, not about getting better or training.

This user has no status.
Not everybody is playing to get better (like me). Some of us do it for fun, should we get better that’s a bonus.

Cheers
L-zr

Exactly, that is true, i play with a lady that she never think about being very better or training, only play for fun, and she got better actually by playing with me a lot and few others, so we enjoy that way, and i practiced on her a lot as she is a straight forward player and it is like i can try all kind of strokes with her, and she adjusted with me and they make it even more fun and challenging for both.

This user has no status.
He may be a beginner. Decades of playing on and off may or may not get you better.

The actual issue is how he gets people sucked into discussions that can sometimes be contentious. How, you answer a question and then he questions you confrontationally and tells you his opinion.

I am not sure he knows or means to. But it is trolling. Is it on purpose or accidental? I am not going to judge. I think, in many ways Tareq is quite interesting and he is definitely quite intelligent. But it is worth noting how, the pattern set up above, is something he has done so many times before.

He has definitely presented himself as a beginner in the past and also as more advanced. One time, while looking at the play of 2 2400 level players (USATT rated) he said he could beat them and that anyone at his club could beat them. I think this more reflects that it is hard to tell by watching what level or how good a players is until they get to a very very high level. Also, how we can overestimate our abilities when watching someone else.

I also remember him talking about how, the only reason players at the club he played at would beat him is that they would serve to his BH and he was not good at receiving serve with his BH. So, for a time he used LP on BH. Perhaps he still does from time to time. That was what he was doing then. When he faced someone whose serves he could not handle, he would use his LP setup.

Take all that for what it is worth. Nothing wrong with getting wrapped up in trying to help him. But feel free to go through his posting history to see how certain patterns repeat themselves.

Why you keep coming to that if i asked a lot in the past? It was in the past, how long it is now? I asked a lot in 2015-2018 because that time i was only buying and playing whatever, but since 2019 i started to make it more serious and slowing down, in 2015-2018 i bought rackets more than my questions i placed, that is gone and was part of journey, let's say i had the right to keep asking anyway, isn't forums where people keep asking and sharing and discussions?!!!

For that problem of serves and BH, i still have that problem, but that is because many players are great in serves, but not always and all the time, those players beating and killed others of high level also with those serves, even some of those high level players are playing with pimples, so it is not that you just tell me to stop while others can do it or even worse, if you have a problem with my posts only then just black me from this forum all, i don't want to be in a place where an admin think i am trolling, it means others will see me as a waste, no respect, forget about my questions, i did a lot of questions in ALL kind of forums of different hobbies, and some really got annoyed maybe, but after a while i slowed down and i stop asking more and people just kept going and didn't refer to my past anymore, so thanks again.