1980's Stellan Bengtsson offensive blade - valuation required

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I stumbled across this beauty in a charity shop - Stellan Bengtson Stiga Offensive blade in very good condition, I've managed to get the rubbers off with a little help with nail varnish remover
I was wondering how much this blade could be worth if I put it up for sale?

IMG_0665.jpeg

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I stumbled across this beauty in a charity shop - Stellan Bengtson Stiga Offensive blade in very good condition, I've managed to get the rubbers off with a little help with nail varnish remover
I was wondering how much this blade could be worth if I put it up for sale?

IMG_0665.jpeg

You probably know this already, but before attempting to sell it you should check very very carefully for cracking around the neck of the blade, which is probably easiest done by taking photos in good light on a camera with a sensor around 24Mp or greater and then viewing the photos at full size. These old Stiga blades are prone to neck cracking and if they have it then they are worth nothing.

How do I know this ? I had (in fact still have) a Stiga Contra Super Carbon blade which I bought in 1979 or 1980. A collector in Norway offered me around €150 for it via another TT forum, however he asked that I take hi-res photos of the neck before he finally agreed to buy the blade and sure enough there were cracks on both sides - I could see them myself, they were obvious at that magnification. So, as he intended to actually play with the blade, the sale fell through. Beware !

John B

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Thank you all for your input and comments! I've had deep look at the handle as per your comments - no cracks!
I'll was thinking of giving it try so any rubber recommendations would be appreciated.
Best
Ray

says Aging is a killer
Thank you all for your input and comments! I've had deep look at the handle as per your comments - no cracks!
I'll was thinking of giving it try so any rubber recommendations would be appreciated.
Best
Ray

Yasaka MarkV