problem with light boost of hurricane 3

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I applied a very thin coat of Seamoon to this new hurrican3 commercial rubber.
After 10 hours nothing had happened so i applied the 2nd very thin coat and the sheet turned into a tube.
Now, over 3 days later it still has not flattened out completely.
Will it ever ??
Is there a trick ?

This never happened before.
Should i simply stick it into the cover and forget about it for a few weeks ?

Thanks for your input.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
IMG_20210819_090451.jpg

Reactions: latej and IB66
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hi Lodro,

Looks pretty flat to me!!! Gone down from the tube??
Strong glue Revolution no 4, DHS No15 or a Haifu glue should take care of ‘curled’ sheets along with a few heavy books!!! 😀

Yep, it ""WAS"" a complete tube 3 days ago and has now recovered to what the pic shows.
I always thought that the boosted rubber should only be glued on the blade once the rubber has become flat again.
I am worried the glue will not hold the edges down properly. I am using Revolution3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
It’s compteley flat to me. Even my ESN sometimes curves like that.
Even if the edge is off a tiny bit. You’ll be fine. I’ve been glueing much curvier stuff. Most of my freshly glued out of the box has the edge a tiny bit off. The key is to apply glue thick, 2-3 layers. So it doesn’t get peeled over time. It feels better and easier to remove as well.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I'd boost a bit more before gluing. A good sign is when 2 ends curl enough to almost touching each other. No point in boosting otherwise.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I'd boost a bit more before gluing. A good sign is when 2 ends curl enough to almost touching each other. No point in boosting otherwise.

you did not read the post properly.
The ends did not only nearly touched, they ever so slightly OVERLAPPED.
The picture is taken now nearly 4 days AFTER the boosting 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

you did not read the post properly.
The ends did not only nearly touched, they ever so slightly OVERLAPPED.
The picture is taken now nearly 4 days AFTER the boosting 😁

Now the rubber is a bit over-ripe :)

When re-gluing a cut rubber, it's actually helpful when it is curled, because when attaching the bottom of the rubber, the upper part tends to stand a bit more in the air and not accidentaly touch the blade. The rubber is stretched due to booster, you get nice overlap, do not stretch it anymore while attaching. I'm stating the obvious.

Anyways, now that the lines of boosters are getting thinner, I'm glad you stay...

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I would have glued it while it was more curled than that.

Yeah, you know the top sheet is under some tension!!
Once you have glued a ‘curled’ rubber, you’ll get a system sorted out.
Worst sheet I glued was pretty much a cylinder!!, 1st try failed, then I removed glue and went for it again, this time with some heavy weight ballast at the ready!!!😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Tbh I never remove the protective sheet before glueing so it cannot flatten perfectly like this. But it does feel “proper” 😎 making my bat look like Fan Zendong’s, with that intimidating upward edge 😎 I bet that’s why the second time makes the rubber a little nicer (as it expands, the protective sheet is gone!, it’s gone down to softer hardness) I’m wondering if I should try go down to 39 degree on the next sheet to see how it feels.

Btw. The booster effect certainly has nothing to do with rubber expansion. As I explained. My boosted rubber is pretty much on the same size. But the feel and power is miles different. (In fact I was so surprised how all of my partners trying my H3 like it a lot, and their technique is not that efficient to say you need it to power)

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

Welcome to the Kingdom of Ping Pong Cheaters.
We, the King Crooky Skunk XXIII, will present you with a big bottle of Dianchi booster in good memory of your joining to our famous Kingdom. . Come on, my dear, take your chance..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: latej