Please Review my Match

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I concur with your analysis, mostly. Cole adapted to your game. You didn't accomodate equally - leading to a slew of poor BH's, and top-to-top rallies in which you didn't dominate anymore.

About taking initiative, even in the first match I think I saw quite a few rallies in which both you and Cole were hesitant to make the opening move, and though you won it, there were quite a few points in which you not opening up eventually gave Cole the opportunity to kill the inevitable weaker push at some point.

Your footwork looks really good, by the way.

says [IMG]
Thanks for sharing this video Brian. Some nice gameplay.
I agree with yoass on the development of the playstyle during the match. When a component is able to disturb your gameplay, it's important to adapt and bring some changes to your own gameplay. I noticed that your opponent midsection (area from body to elbow) was one his weaker points and he made some unforced errors (or easy returns). Furthermore, it looks to me that your opponent had more difficulty handling brushed topspin packed with lot's of spin, rather that your fast topspin.

Nevertheless, some very decent gameplay and thanks again for sharing 👍

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
When you are not passive and really use your feet, you also get in the right position for all strokes. Then you are really hard to beat.
But in the second match, it looks like Cole have learned how you play, and he gets more balls returned. On the other hand, you are not on your toes and look surprised that the ball comes back several times. Perhaps you got a bit lazy?

In the second match you didn't control the game, and was too passive instead of using your feet to get ahead. Also you did some less good choices, attacking when your out of position etc. instead of keeping your cool. Try to keep your serves shorter, so Cole can't attack directly. In the first match you often attacked first, but in the second Cole more often attacked first, giving him more control. And stay closer to the table. It looks like you are a more explosive/active player than Cole. Giving him less time between the strokes would certainly benefit you.

Just my quick opinion :)