Looking for a Table Tennis Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Honestly, the Palio Cat and Palio R57 look extremely interesting, more so after I see the price. Where do you buy a genuine one? I want to test it out. I saw some on Aliexpress, but I don't know if they are real.

If you dont want to pay nearly double the price for these products, you kinda have to buy from prott.vip or aliexpress.
I have some experience with the following traders - all of their products were originals, at least checked once:

Chinese Pingpong (even personal contant with their trader)
AliDH Store
Playa Pingpong Store
Newnew store

The only disadvantage here is that you usually have to wait longer until you get your rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

If you dont want to pay nearly double the price for these products, you kinda have to buy from prott.vip or aliexpress.
I have some experience with the following traders - all of their products were originals, at least checked once:

Chinese Pingpong (even personal contant with their trader)
AliDH Store
Playa Pingpong Store
Newnew store

The only disadvantage here is that you usually have to wait longer until you get your rubbers.

Yep. All good stuff. AliBattleship and BEO Store as well. :)

Reactions: csxstars8696
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks so much for your guys' replies. I did have a wrist injury and am looking for a lighter blade with lots of control. The speed can be average, maybe something like an all.

Are you sure the 75g blade is professional?
No matter what you say, I don't believe it.
For the average level, 88g-90g is a more appropriate weight.

If you have read through, you should have seen the comment where Csxstars has said that the reason for the light blade is an injury. If you can't understand why someone with a wrist injury may be helped by a lighter blade, then it would make me wonder.

But who said anyone here was a professional? What does the idea of a 75g blade for a wrist injury have to do with what you are asking about here: "Are you sure the 75g blade is professional?"

Besides, I may like heavier blades. Another person may like lighter blades. But personal preference is personal preference. So, even if it was not because of an injury, if someone likes light blades and wants their blade to be 75g or lighter, why would you make a comment like: "No matter what you say, I don't believe it." I have a good friend who is probably better than about 75% of the forum, maybe more, who likes really light blades (his is 72g) and, it sure does not stop him from being an amazing player. But no, he is not professional either. He is just darn good. :)

This user has no status.

If you have read through, you should have seen the comment where Csxstars has said that the reason for the light blade is an injury. If you can't understand why someone with a wrist injury may be helped by a lighter blade, then it would make me wonder.

But who said anyone here was a professional? What does the idea of a 75g blade for a wrist injury have to do with what you are asking about here: "Are you sure the 75g blade is professional?"

Besides, I may like heavier blades. Another person may like lighter blades. But personal preference is personal preference. So, even if it was not because of an injury, if someone likes light blades and wants their blade to be 75g or lighter, why would you make a comment like: "No matter what you say, I don't believe it." I have a good friend who is probably better than about 75% of the forum, maybe more, who likes really light blades (his is 72g) and, it sure does not stop him from being an amazing player. But no, he is not professional either. He is just darn good. :)

I totally agree with you. A professional TT player does not HAVE to play with a heavy blade at all. The pro defines a blade, the blade does not define a pro.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Some of my previous blades:

824b85ea3619ace69765ba55de3d6672.jpg

74dab55ef2c0735f6022f87b5eb89593.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Maybe our understanding of playing table tennis is different.
When it comes to friends around, I have yet to see a blade that uses less than 85 grams.
In addition, unreasonable force and posture are the causes of wrist injuries.
Even with a lighter racket, if the action is unreasonable, you will still get injured.
My wrist has also been injured because of using an unreasonable wrist posture to learn backhand flick.

So, you are saying, if I know someone who uses a 72g blade who is 2400 (USATT rated) that he is not using it? Or, that, because you don't know people who use blades lighter than 85g it can't be good? That the only personal preference that matters is among people you know? Everyone else should do what the people you know do?

It is true you can injure your wrist in many ways. But if someone has a wrist injury and wants to put less stress on his wrist shot by shot, a lighter blade will actually help with that. It won't stop all possibility of injury. But it will make it more possible for him to play without aggravating the pre-existant injury.

So, yes, even with a lighter blade, if he does something extreme to his wrist, he can re-injure it. But, the lighter racket may put less stress on the injury he is already dealing with.

And, if that is his reason for wanting a lighter blade, is there an intelligent reason for trying to insult him?

Last edited:
Reactions: csxstars8696
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I don't think a blade could be professional in any way, only the person using it I guess. Yes perhaps the average blade weight could be somewhere around 88g-90g, but you might find really good blades in other weights as well. Perhaps not as average professional appropriate as a blade that weighs 88-90g, but maybe good enough for the person it fits... :)

This user has no status.

Maybe our understanding of playing table tennis is different.
When it comes to friends around, I have yet to see a blade that uses less than 85 grams.
In addition, unreasonable force and posture are the causes of wrist injuries.
Even with a lighter racket, if the action is unreasonable, you will still get injured.
My wrist has also been injured because of using an unreasonable wrist posture to learn backhand flick.

I never said that I hurt my wrist from table-tennis at all. It was just a normal wrist injury, not related to table-tennis at all.

Reactions: wheelbuilder
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I'm just stating the weight that most people use. But you try to sow discord.
There is no point in arguing with you.
As the saying goes: "Those who have different beliefs should not work together".

What is your purpose for telling him a 75g blade is not professional?

Knowing he has a wrist injury, what is your purpose for saying, he could injure his wrist regardless of weight?

Is there a reason for a person with a wrist injury to NOT try a lighter blade to see if it puts less stress on his wrist?

I think, perhaps there is a language barrier. But, knowing he has a pre-existent wrist injury, is there any reason to discourage him from using a lighter blade that may put less stress on his wrist to see if it does make it more possible for him to continue playing? Is there any reason to not try and find something that is better for his wrist?

This user has no status.

Hi Tim Boll, people will like your recommendation and assistance, but please try not to make judgement on their choice and preference. They are reasonable people, they know what they want. If they need your help to make a judgement, they will ask you. csxstars8696 clearly understands what he wants.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
wow .. touchy, aren't we all ..

and though, I may not agree with what Timo Boll said about the weight thingy, I didn't think he said anything that was derogatory to anyone.. So, whats everyone sh**ting on him for ?

Timo's bit was just limited by what he has seen or experienced .. but that stands true for every individual on this forum n planet..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
wow .. touchy, aren't we all ..

and though, I may not agree with what Timo Boll said about the weight thingy, I don't think he said anything that was derogatory to anyone.. So, whats everyone sh**ting on him for ?

Timo's bit was just limited by what he has seen or experienced .. but that stands true for every individual on this forum n planet..

This user has no status.

I checked out Pingmaster and saw they had a lot of old blades that had been discontinued and were not available elsewhere. Are you sure that they are all genuine? If they are, that would be great. Have you ever had any problem with them? Also, I am a bit hesitant about ordering anything from Italy because I ordered something a few years ago, and it got lost in the Italian postal service.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I checked out Pingmaster and saw they had a lot of old blades that had been discontinued and were not available elsewhere. Are you sure that they are all genuine? If they are, that would be great. Have you ever had any problem with them? Also, I am a bit hesitant about ordering anything from Italy because I ordered something a few years ago, and it got lost in the Italian postal service.

I've bought stuff from Pingmaster 5-6 times. Everything's great and genuine. :)

Reactions: Tipiak