I need help with buying my first racket

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Equipment Suggestions .

Hello , I have been playing table tennis inconsistently with friends as a hobby for a long time -10 years - i dont really have a good technique but i can do the basics .

I have never owned any tt equipment and I've been playing with cheap premade rackets ( belongs to the place we are playing at ) .

my play style is mainly close to the table fast and short BH strokes , i can also flick , smash and little chop block .
i cant really loop with my FH ( maybe due to the old cheap rubber ) .

and recently i want to learn how to loop and play modern tt .

so what do you think about this blade and rubber combination for developing technique ? (I'm on budget)

DHS Power G7 , heard its not that fast and it has a soft outer layer .

DHS H3n for FH , as it will help me do a right and full motion top spin loop .

Nittaku Hammond CR for BH , as it light , soft and good for fast short strokes .

please till me your opinions and any alternatives .
Thank You .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hello , I have been playing table tennis inconsistently with friends as a hobby for a long time -10 years - i dont really have a good technique but i can do the basics . I have never owned any tt equipment and I've been playing with cheap premade rackets ( belongs to the place we are playing at ) . my play style is mainly close to the table fast and short BH strokes , i can also flick , smash and little chop block .i cant really loop with my FH ( maybe due to the old cheap rubber ) . and recently i want to learn how to loop and play modern tt . so what do you think about this blade and rubber combination for developing technique ? (I'm on budget) DHS Power G7 , I heard its not that fast and it has a soft outer layer . DHS H3n for FH , as it will help me do a right and full motion top spin loop . Nittaku Hammond CR for BH , as it light , soft and good for fast short strokes . please till me your opinions and any alternatives .Thank You .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Check out this allround blade from Yinhe. Good quality to a low price. https://revspin.net/blade/galaxy-896.html The PG7 is faster, but the 896 will give you more control and still fit a looping game.

.As you say that you can't really loop with your forehand, perhaps because of the poor equipment. The DHS H3N isn't perhaps where you should start. That one requires really good looping technique to get the most out of it. Take a look at the 729 Focus III Snipe https://revspin.net/rubber/focus-3-snipe.html It's available in three different sponge hardnesses, it's more like a "normal" rubber and will help you develop your technique as it's more linear than ESN rubbers. Not too grippy, not too bouncy, not too spin sensitive. The 44/46 deg are really nice rubbers for both forehand and backhand. The 42 deg could be a bit slow on an allround blade, but everyone's different.

The H3N is one of the best rubbers I've tried out, but I'm really brushing the ball all the time :)
If you want to try something in that area, perhaps Yinhe Big Dipper could work. It's really grippy/tacky and has a more hybrid feeling than H3N, giving you a softer feeling. If so you should try the 38 deg version, I think.

Just my opinion :)

Reactions: Elraghy
This user has no status.
See my set up. Or you can replace the FH rubber with 729 FX or 729-02, or 729-05 or 729-08. And replace the BH rubber with 729 forcus 3 or 729 sky wings.
H3N is not a bad rubber, but it doesn't mean more than a 729 rubber half of its price to a player at his first training stage. You need more skills to get the benefits of H3N than the above cheap 729 rubbers.

Reactions: Elraghy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
update :

i got my new equipment but couldn't find the nittaku Hammond CR , and the cheapest alternative was Yinhe Mercury III Europe .

and man it's a huge upgrade from playing with premade rackets .

the blade is nice and fast , first time feeling a rubber that is not dead , the H3n is spinney while not even trying to spin ,
the Mercury is pretty fast and i get what tensor feels now .it will take time to get used to the short game , but it's very good in flicks and back hand loops .

and finally i can do FH loops with 50/50 success rate but the ball tend to go long , and the ark is not high .