Viscaria weight - FL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Does anyone think there is a difference between FL viscaria at 88g and 92g? I stopped at a local store and they have three viscaria to choose from:

1. 88g viscaria yellow KOTO;
2. 90g viscaria white KOTO;
3. 92g viscaria yellow KOTO.

I never used viscaria before and want to try one. I was using Maze carbon for the past few years. For anyone who is familiar with viscaria, which one would you choose? Thanks!

I never played one, but I would choose the light 88gram one. I think that’s a pretty good weight. I usually look for a nominal weight of 80-85 grams or so.
But this is not a huge difference so I’m not it’s gonna matter at all.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I never played one, but I would choose the light 88gram one. I think that’s a pretty good weight. I usually look for a nominal weight of 80-85 grams or so.
But this is not a huge difference so I’m not it’s gonna matter at all.

Cheers
L-zr

Thank you for your reply L-zr. 80 - 85 gram is definitely on the light side for FL. Did you try little bit heavier ones? May be you will feel more power especially at mid to far distance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I've owned half a dozen Viscarias and the only one I didn't like was the lightest, ~87g. It wasn't the weight, it was the feel on contact. Totally subjective of course. My favorite blade is 92 g, so that's what I'd choose.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I've owned half a dozen Viscarias and the only one I didn't like was the lightest, ~87g. It wasn't the weight, it was the feel on contact. Totally subjective of course. My favorite blade is 92 g, so that's what I'd choose.

Thank you. I can tell that you like the feeling of some support when you contact the ball. By listening the sound I can feel a hardness difference between these. Do you feel it is hard to switch between backhand and forehand with heavy blade like 92g? My current maze carbon is 86.7 so I never experienced a 90g+ blade. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

Thank you. I can tell that you like the feeling of some support when you contact the ball. By listening the sound I can feel a hardness difference between these. Do you feel it is hard to switch between backhand and forehand with heavy blade like 92g? My current maze carbon is 86.7 so I never experienced a 90g+ blade. Thanks.

I don't find a few extra grams to make a difference for transitions. Not sure about the Maze, but Viscaria isn't a head heavy blade so I doubt you'll have a problem with it.

Thank you for your reply L-zr. 80 - 85 gram is definitely on the light side for FL. Did you try little bit heavier ones? May be you will feel more power especially at mid to far distance.

My blades ranges from 73g up to 100g. If you want to power I think the weight distribution is as important (maybe more important). You would want a head heavy blade. Putting on a heavy rubber will give a similar effect. But the difference is small.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Is there a reason why you are choosing to play with Viscaria?

Is there a reason why you are choosing to play with Viscaria?

And also what blade are you coming from?

says Aging is a killer
In my experience, overall bat weight does make a difference the longer that you play in a session. Say that you are in the 3rd singles of a team match. The other 2 have been stressful 5 game affairs. In the 3rd game that extra weight, say >193kg, does slow down your hand/arm speed.
Of course player fitness and strength counts a lot.
My theoretical ideal bat weighs 188-191kg. But my favourite bat weighs 195-200kg depending on rubbers🙂

Last edited:
In my experience, overall bat weight does make a difference the longer that you play in a session. Say that you are in the 3rd singles of a team match. The other 2 have been stressful 5 game affairs. In the 3rd game that extra weight, say >193kg, does slow down your hand/arm speed.
My theoretical ideal bat weighs 188-191kg. But my favourite bat weighs 195-200kg depending on rubbers🙂
195-200kg, Wow I can’t even lift that..😱😋

• Haha
Reactions: lodro and Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

195g + definitely indicates you are a player who can finish within 3 hits.

Reactions: Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I recommend 88g viscaria yellow KOTO.
The yellowing of the surface material proves that it is very dry and easy to penetrate.
In addition, rubbers are very heavy now, like D05, D09c, 88g is a gold weight which makes it easy to match.
Congratulations on choosing your favorite racket.

This is my racket, which is exactly 88g, U-size.
FH:MX-S 52.5 BH:D64

Viscaria-MXS-T64-e1628340194934.jpg

Wow this looks beautiful. How do you like it? Do you think it is too light to hit the ball?

erm

This user has no status.

erm

This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Read 1 reviews
from my experience the same blade changes how it plays after a 4 gram difference generally speaking so 88 and 92 will be different...92 is likely a stiffer and a bit faster...I am using viscaria as one of my main blades and have tested them from 78 grams to 95 grams and in between and must have had at least 20-25 of them over the years...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
from my experience the same blade changes how it plays after a 4 gram difference generally speaking so 88 and 92 will be different...92 is likely a stiffer and a bit faster...I am using viscaria as one of my main blades and have tested them from 78 grams to 95 grams and in between and must have had at least 20-25 of them over the years...

so the heaviest one is probably most stiff and fast. What is the drawback of heavy ones? which weight do you like most? 95g?

erm

This user has no status.

erm

This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Read 1 reviews

so the heaviest one is probably most stiff and fast. What is the drawback of heavy ones? which weight do you like most? 95g?

I now use a 93.4 gram one because i am older and tend to play closer to the table and block a lot...I found that i like the heavier viscaria for the forehand looping and blocking and with chinese/tacky on the forehand; and the lighter viscarias for backhand, flipping on top of the table and spinnier game that requires better movement and footwork...but as you may well know viscarias differ how they play from series to series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I now use a 93.4 gram one because i am older and tend to play closer to the table and block a lot...I found that i like the heavier viscaria for the forehand looping and blocking and with chinese/tacky on the forehand; and the lighter viscarias for backhand, flipping on top of the table and spinnier game that requires better movement and footwork...but as you may well know viscarias differ how they play from series to series

I just tried to add rubber to the 90g one. The rubber I used is Thibar MXP and ELP, and the total weight is 190g wow. I will see how it feels in my next practice but definitely it is 15g more than my current one.