Frictionless Anti players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
HI guys. I'm a new member of this great community. I'm from Italy and i'm 29 years old.
I would like to know if there were other antispin players here inside. I'm a big fan of this style of play.
It would be nice to share your experience.
I also have a youtube channel where i upload my matches and test:

Bye! 👍

Last edited:
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
HI guys. I'm a new member of this great community. I'm from Italy and i'm 29 years old.
I would like to know if there were other antispin players here inside. I'm a big fan of this style of play.
It would be nice to share your experience.
I also have a youtube channel where i upload my matches and test:
Bye! 👍

Hello Andrea,

Nice play my friend. May I ask you, what then is a good blade to pair with anti-rubber. BTW, what brand of anti are you using?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Hello Andrea,

Nice play my friend. May I ask you, what then is a good blade to pair with anti-rubber. BTW, what brand of anti are you using?

Hi Gozo!
IMHO, the best combination for maximum effectiveness is a fast and stiff blade and a antitop with slow and dampening sponge.
I in fact use Stiga Carbonado 190 and Dr Neubauer ABS (the old one).
The choice of blade is personal. It depends on what you are used to play with. For example there are a lot of stiff blades with balsa but i don't like the feeling of these.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
I wish someone can remind your opponent in red that he should toss the all at lease 16cm when serve.😃
I do the same thing, I get called on it every once in a while. It’s really hard to get rid of. When you stop thinking about it you fall right back...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Andrea, why are you playing with frictionless anti when you are so mobile? You fore hand is your main weapon. You have good loops and are fast enough to get into position. It is hard to keep the opponent under pressure with anti and especially frictionless anti. I don't see where the anti was doing you much good.

I noticed some chopping type of strokes in the first video. Trying to chop with frictionless anti is a waste of effort. One can chop with Best Anti because ut has some friction but it won't fool anybody.

The only thing I see that could be better is hitting the ball with the anti a little sooner. When playing the chopper you bounced back balls with your anti when at their peak. The problem is that balls that are hit from a high position will also bounce high. Hitting the ball when lower is a little more risky but the ball will not bounce up high. Also, you can use the chopper's back spin as your top spin so you can be a little more aggressive with the speed. Another thing that would be good to try is to block the ball right after the bounce to kill its energy and block short making the chopper run up to the table.

Consider twiddling. I didn't see any.

I have a Dr Neubauer Matador with T05 on the FH and Megablock on the BH. I use more a push blocking style, as if I am playing with long pips, and stay closer to the table but I am 68 and not near as mobile as you.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Hear hear! I am surprise you nor the umpire did not call out his totally illegal serve during the match.

😁I just got the invite to our club competition and it said that it would be played under ITTF standard rules.
Knowing the ""STANDARD"" of most of the serves here, and the fact that everybody has long given up
calling illegal serves, I was going to ask the umpires if they would really play under the ITTF standard rules - or the Walt Disney version (AKA Micky Mouse)
Now we just got put into Covid lockdown............................bugger.

This user has no status.

😁I just got the invite to our club competition and it said that it would be played under ITTF standard rules.
Knowing the ""STANDARD"" of most of the serves here, and the fact that everybody has long given up
calling illegal serves, I was going to ask the umpires if they would really play under the ITTF standard rules - or the Walt Disney version (AKA Micky Mouse)
Now we just got put into Covid lockdown............................bugger.

I am New Zealand as well, I was looking forward to the south island championships, but nope, which club are you from?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Andrea, why are you playing with frictionless anti when you are so mobile? You fore hand is your main weapon. You have good loops and are fast enough to get into position. It is hard to keep the opponent under pressure with anti and especially frictionless anti. I don't see where the anti was doing you much good.

I noticed some chopping type of strokes in the first video. Trying to chop with frictionless anti is a waste of effort. One can chop with Best Anti because ut has some friction but it won't fool anybody.

The only thing I see that could be better is hitting the ball with the anti a little sooner. When playing the chopper you bounced back balls with your anti when at their peak. The problem is that balls that are hit from a high position will also bounce high. Hitting the ball when lower is a little more risky but the ball will not bounce up high. Also, you can use the chopper's back spin as your top spin so you can be a little more aggressive with the speed. Another thing that would be good to try is to block the ball right after the bounce to kill its energy and block short making the chopper run up to the table.

Consider twiddling. I didn't see any.

I have a Dr Neubauer Matador with T05 on the FH and Megablock on the BH. I use more a push blocking style, as if I am playing with long pips, and stay closer to the table but I am 68 and not near as mobile as you.

Hi! These are excellent considerations.
I played for years with 2 Tenergy then i switched to this style because my backhand was not so strong.
I really enjoy playing with a frictionless anti because allow me to slow down the game and then hit hard with my forehand.
Obviously there are pros and cons.

says Aging is a killer

I enjoy doing both strenght and mobility training. It helps a lot!
Some of the exercises you can do are squats, lunges and wall sit.

Good. I am closer to 70yo than 60yo and have now started using a low stance. Not as low as yours of course. The reason is purely to acquire more fitness from playing TT. It's fun so far (except for a little PITA☺) and I am really tired afterwards, so it must be working 😎.

Last edited: