Back to Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 94
  1. Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 26 56
    A
    Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 56 26

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    Italy
    56
    26
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #41
    new video!

  2. Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 26 56
    A
    Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 56 26

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    Italy
    56
    26
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #42
    testing new blade!

    The Following User Likes Andrea_Aschi's Post:

    brokenball


  3. Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 26 56
    A
    Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 56 26

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    Italy
    56
    26
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #43
    new match video:

  4. brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 508 1,132
    B
    brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,132 508

    User Info Menu

    #44
    Good match. However, your opponent almost always served too long. Serving low and short presents a problem for friction-less anti players because they must hit the ball up to get the ball over the net.

    I am still waiting for a match against a chopper where you block short.

  5. Arkady is offline
    says Never underestmate a blocker
     
    Advanced TTD Member 67 210
    Arkady's Avatar
    Arkady is offline
    says Never underestmate a blocker
     
    Advanced TTD Member 210 67
    #45
    I will never ever comprehend why a player as good as you, who is young enough, fast and has a lot of training resorts to antispin rubbers, which is the "cowards" way to win opponents.... If you are good enough, win matches with your skills not with your equipment.Don't get me wrong, it's clear that you are a very good & skilled player. That's why I can't understand why you are using antispin, a rubber for old guys, who have no skills or physical abilities and aim to confuse the opponent, rather than beat him fair and square

    The Following 3 Users Like Arkady's Post:

    Attitude, jammmail and 1 other

    Last edited by Arkady; 12-04-2021 at 11:04 AM.

  6. Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 26 56
    A
    Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 56 26

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    Italy
    56
    26
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkady
    I will never ever comprehend why a player as good as you, who is young enough, fast and has a lot of training resorts to antispin rubbers, which is the "cowards" way to win opponents.... If you are good enough, win matches with your skills not with your equipment.Don't get me wrong, it's clear that you are a very good & skilled player. That's why I can't understand why you are using antispin, a rubber for old guys, who have no skills or physical abilities and aim to confuse the opponent, rather than beat him fair and square

    Since i'm not a professional my priority is having fun. After years of training i found boring playing with 2 inverted rubbers. That's it.
    If you think i win because of my equipment you're completely wrong.

    By the way...new must watch video!😎

    The Following User Likes Andrea_Aschi's Post:

    jammmail


  7. Arkady is offline
    says Never underestmate a blocker
     
    Advanced TTD Member 67 210
    Arkady's Avatar
    Arkady is offline
    says Never underestmate a blocker
     
    Advanced TTD Member 210 67
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea_Aschi

    Since i'm not a professional my priority is having fun. After years of training i found boring playing with 2 inverted rubbers. That's it.
    If you think i win because of my equipment you're completely wrong.

    By the way...new must watch video!😎

    So what's your point?
    Those who are playing with normal rubbers are not having fun? And why it's "boring" to play with normal rubbers? What's the fun in antispin.
    Well, while it's evident that you are a very good player, I think it's also true that at least some of your wins are due to antispin.
    That's true for 2 obvious reasons:
    Fisrtly not many players use antispin so opponents have no experience against it, they are struggling and make too many unforced errors.
    Secondly., if its wasn't confusing against opponents, you wouldn't use it in the first place. And that's a fact.


  8. ZFT is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 10 43
    Z
    ZFT is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 43 10

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2021
    Australia
    43
    10
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #48

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkady

    So what's your point?Those who are playing with normal rubbers are not having fun? And why it's "boring" to play with normal rubbers? What's the fun in antispin.Well, while it's evident that you are a very good player, I think it's also true that at least some of your wins are due to antispin.That's true for 2 obvious reasons:Fisrtly not many players use antispin so opponents have no experience against it, they are struggling and make too many unforced errors.Secondly., if its wasn't confusing against opponents, you wouldn't use it in the first place. And that's a fact.

    You’ve just proven OP point why it is so fun for anti users. It’s the reason why at the highest levels anti does not trouble the top inverted players as they have a complete understanding of how a spin ball “slips” off a frictionless surface and reverses the spin back. Instead of complaining you should try anti one time as you will understand OP’s valid argument that his material is not what wins him against inferior opponents. It’s inferior opponents not understanding what frictionless surface does to spin, there’s a lot of skill involved in using anti particular as there is no topspin to bring a block down back to a table so angle, feeling and touch are super important to an anti user. There is also frictionless anti and grippy anti which takes endless months/years of training/practice to fully grasp the intricacies to confuse an ignorant opponent like “you”

    The Following User Likes ZFT's Post:

    Andrea_Aschi

    Last edited by ZFT; 12-09-2021 at 08:07 AM.

  9. Tembel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 50 52
    T
    Tembel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 52 50
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkady

    So what's your point?
    Those who are playing with normal rubbers are not having fun? And why it's "boring" to play with normal rubbers? What's the fun in antispin.
    Well, while it's evident that you are a very good player, I think it's also true that at least some of your wins are due to antispin.
    That's true for 2 obvious reasons:
    Fisrtly not many players use antispin so opponents have no experience against it, they are struggling and make too many unforced errors.
    Secondly., if its wasn't confusing against opponents, you wouldn't use it in the first place. And that's a fact.

    In this particular game Andrea is definitely not having any advantage from using AntiSpin. His opponent is playing close to the table with not so much spin. The oppenent is not struggling at all with deceptive AntiSpin shots. I also play AntiSpin on backhand and find this kind of player the most difficult to play against.

    Andrea won the game with his forehand loop.

    AntiSpin is mostly benificial against a player who has a very good serve and who plays the game with heavy top spin.

    The Following 3 Users Like Tembel's Post:

    Andrea_Aschi, brokenball and 1 other


  10. jammmail is offline
    says Spin to win
     
    Advanced TTD Member 110 283
    jammmail's Avatar
    jammmail is offline
    says Spin to win
     
    Advanced TTD Member 283 110
    #50
    It's not like he's playing with anything illegal - there are plenty of players that play with heavily boosted rubbers for instance - which isn't right in my opinion.

    If people are easily confused or can't play against him - well thats not his fault they aren't good enough to figure it out.

    There are lots of LP players in the league I play. The people that beat them are the ones that take their time and figure out there limitations. The ones that are frustrated and get angry dont win as they are too focused on the bat rather than beating the player.One of the reasons I love playing table tennis is the variety - different techniques, rubbers, blades etc.

    Makes it far more interesting than everyone just playing the same with the same rubbers.

    Andrea - you are a very talented player, I say keep doing what your doing, especially if you enjoy playing that way!

    The Following 3 Users Like jammmail's Post:

    Andrea_Aschi, Attitude and 1 other

    Last edited by jammmail; 12-09-2021 at 11:05 AM.

  11. Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 26 56
    A
    Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 56 26

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    Italy
    56
    26
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #51
    new video!

  12. Kinay is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 14 107
    K
    Kinay is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 107 14

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2020
    Germany
    107
    14
    118
    Read 0 Reviews
    #52
    What sponge thickness is he useing on his tenergy? 2.1?

    and what on his anti?

  13. Hasna Haura Hayfa is offline
    says Bismillah
     
    Established TTD Member 2 105
    Hasna Haura Hayfa's Avatar
    Hasna Haura Hayfa is offline
    says Bismillah
     
    Established TTD Member 105 2
    #53
    I still often lose against anti-friction.
    my question is simple.
    if I send the ball underspin, back to us what will the ball be?
    is it the same as a mirror?

  14. brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 508 1,132
    B
    brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,132 508

    User Info Menu

    #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasna Haura Hayfa
    I still often lose against anti-friction.
    my question is simple.
    if I send the ball underspin, back to us what will the ball be?
    is it the same as a mirror?
    Top spin! If the ball has a lot of back spin the anti/LP 0X player can aggressively block back the ball because the ball has top spin and will dive like a looped ball.

    If you are playing an anti or push blocking LP player, do not do two pushes or two loops to the anti/LP player in a row. At least not until you know what you are doing and have the skill to do it.

    If push a back spin ball to the anti player and he blocks it back it will have topspin, not make spin when it gets to you. Do not try to push this ball back with and open paddle because the top spin will make the ball go high.

    If you loop two balls in a row to the anti player, the incoming second ball will have back spin. Many hit this ball into the net. If you know this you can be safe by pushing back the back spin ball or you can brush loop the ball. Since the ball has back spin your paddle must match or exceed the tangential surface speed of the ball or the ball will go into the net.

    My practice partners will top spin a ball to my anti then back spin a ball to my anti. Basically loop one, push one.
    They rarely get fooled anymore. However, if I went to a tournament, I could probably win lots of easy games from people that don't have much experience at playing anti or pushblockng LP.

    As a LP or anti player it is hard to be aggressive with the anti or LP. If the opponent keep hitting no spin and not very fast balls to my back hand I am screwed unless I twiddle or am able to step around and hit with my FH like Andrea does. I am 68 now an not that mobile. I can twiddle and use my BH to make an aggressive return but I can't do that if the opponent returns the ball quickly so I have no time to twiddle or step around and use my FH.

    The Following 3 Users Like brokenball's Post:

    Andrea_Aschi, Dream2K and 1 other


  15. Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 26 56
    A
    Andrea_Aschi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 56 26

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    Italy
    56
    26
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #55
    new match video against OX long pimples! weird backhand battle 😁

  16. brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 508 1,132
    B
    brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,132 508

    User Info Menu

    #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea_Aschi
    new match video against OX long pimples! weird backhand battle 😁

    Both players won more points with their FH. Too many times the returns from the LP or anti resulted in an easy FH kill shot for the opponent. It is clear the anti or LP did not fool their opponent at all.

  17. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 429 683
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 683 429
    #57
    I just watched my own video of my practice and I can see my BH is hopeless. 😥 My FH is at least has some saving grace and able to loop properly.

    My question is whether should I give up and place an anti spin ( looking at Butterfly Super Anti ) on it and just concentrate on improving my FH looping for a winner going forward?

    Or

    Should I persevere and keep on practicing my BH looping? I seem to have arrived at a crossroad.
    Last edited by Gozo; 12-31-2021 at 06:08 AM.

  18. vvk1 is offline
    says I compete, therefore I am
     
    Senior TTD Member 659 874
    vvk1's Avatar
    vvk1 is offline
    says I compete, therefore I am
     
    Senior TTD Member 874 659
    #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozo
    I just watched my own video of my practice and I can see my BH is hopeless. 😥 My FH is at least has some saving grace and able to loop properly.

    My question is whether should I give up and place an anti spin ( looking at Butterfly Super Anti ) on it and just concentrate on improving my FH looping for a winner going forward?

    Or

    Should I persevere and keep on practicing my BH looping? I seem to have arrived at a crossroad.

    Share the video and we'll tell you 😉


  19. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 429 683
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 683 429
    #59
    Quote Originally Posted by vvk1

    Share the video and we'll tell you 😉

    I am private person.

    Nonetheless I did Private Message one of those goodfellers that Carl approved to comment on video from another thread and we did have some conversation. ( I have even send him the aforementioned video for his viewing )

    I was standing on the abyss, staring down the dark path on the verge of going into the dark side. However, that goodfeller did saved me from going into the dark side. So I will persevere a little while longer and continue to improve my BH using the conventional inverted rubber.

    Thank you. Sorry to OP for derailing this thread.

    The Following 2 Users Like Gozo's Post:

    PingBirdPong and vvk1


  20. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 332 581
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 581 332
    #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozo
    I am private person.

    Nonetheless I did Private Message one of those goodfellers that Carl approved to comment on video from another thread and we did have some conversation. ( I have even send him the aforementioned video for his viewing )

    I was standing on the abyss, staring down the dark path on the verge of going into the dark side. However, that goodfeller did saved me from going into the dark side. So I will persevere a little while longer and continue to improve my BH using the conventional inverted rubber.

    Thank you. Sorry to OP for derailing this thread.
    We must all resist the dark side together, fellow Jedi!
    Modestly, Leo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.