Thoughts on stiga clipper cc and why isn't it used like its brothers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I don't wanna hate on Stiga, since I really like their Japanese made rubbers and their Carbonado blades are really nice too.
But their Clippers have a very bad reputation. Wood splintering, (quite common with soft limba outer, but Clippers are notorious), inconsistent weight, from 85-100+g. If I know right, the Clipper CC has some magic carbon/fairy dust between the layers. I guess most people are sceptical like I am about that solution so few buy it.
General consensus is that either get an old, manufactured in the 80s Stiga Clipper or get the same construction in a different brand. Thankfully Clipper construction can be found at basically every manufacturer, I think I would trust Nittaku Ludeack the most. If you search for Clipper alternatives I'm sure you will find many even on this forum.

By the way, Stiga did this carbon dust crap back with their Stiga Carbo rubbers, while the rubber was extremely good I don't think it had anything to do with the carbon dust.

Reactions: what happened
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I don't wanna hate on Stiga, since I really like their Japanese made rubbers and their Carbonado blades are really nice too.
But their Clippers have a very bad reputation. Wood splintering, (quite common with soft limba outer, but Clippers are notorious), inconsistent weight, from 85-100+g. If I know right, the Clipper CC has some magic carbon/fairy dust between the layers. I guess most people are sceptical like I am about that solution so few buy it.
General consensus is that either get an old, manufactured in the 80s Stiga Clipper or get the same construction in a different brand. Thankfully Clipper construction can be found at basically every manufacturer, I think I would trust Nittaku Ludeack the most. If you search for Clipper alternatives I'm sure you will find many even on this forum.

By the way, Stiga did this carbon dust crap back with their Stiga Carbo rubbers, while the rubber was extremely good I don't think it had anything to do with the carbon dust.

I've read some reviews that says "it only goes fast" "very fast" "hard to control" "it has the feeling of a stiga clipper wood but faster (or something like that) "CC is a stiff seven plywood, moderate weight, retains the classic feel of early CL, but the style is more ferocious violence" .

i think the real issue here was the price of it because it was a clipper but more expensive compared to its brothers. i see the clipper cc as off blade / clipper cr off- blade / clipper wood all+ blade . ( i still have not tried any of them but thats the conclusion that i got from reading the reviews )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021

i think the real issue here was the price of it because it was a clipper but more expensive compared to its brothers.

That's the issue with most Stiga blades. The "CR" era, the "Tube" era, the "NCT" era, the "CC" era you had blades that were more or less variations of their classic blades with differences in wood glue formulation or different ways to treat the top layer from lacquer to sprinkling pixie dust to applying heat (ok this one might have been Joola's gimmick). Would the new techs at the time have been enough to justify the price differences?
That's not to say no good blade came from these eras. I still regret selling my Stiga Tube Carbo to this day.

It wasn't until recently when they decided to go composite yet picking what is ancient tech by then (Carbon) then people started buying those. Even XX bought into the hype switching to one of the Carbonado blades and his game was noticeably off. They are like 30 years behind in the composite mats game.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
the prices are justifiable but not for everyone, like for example the clipper cc is for the big clipper fans that want a faster upgrade with almost the same clipper wood feeling

erm

This user has no status.

erm

This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Read 1 reviews
i use a clipper CC from time to time...it is not as hard and fast as the claims are...the Clippers from the 80s are the best...today i would recommend the Tibhar Samsonov Black edition....

Reactions: what happened
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
i use a clipper CC from time to time...it is not as hard and fast as the claims are...the Clippers from the 80s are the best...today i would recommend the Tibhar Samsonov Black edition....

There you have it... all from a dude who is likely the mostest EJ dude in the entire planet whose blade collection numbers often exceed the number of hairs on your arm...