Back to Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Senior TTD Member 226 647
    L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Senior TTD Member 647 226
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zhuang

I dont have a motor bike or motor oil. I dunno if its worth it to go and buy motor oil just to make your mix.

Fair enough. If you ever come past a motorbike shop or a repair shop you can always go in and ask them if you could have a small amount. 🙂

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,789 5,886
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 5,886 2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude

The definition of a boosted rubber contains that the sponge is expanded. If that is the case the rubber has to be curved at least to a certain extent.

That is not the case for any of the Hurricane versions.

Besides that, what is the point of the debate if it is factory tuned or not. Everything happening in the making of a rubber is legal. Otherwise the rubber would be delisted and wouldnt get the ittf symbol.
    So why even bother about that topic?

And where did you get this definition? So if a rubber has a booster application by the factory and it does not curve, it is not boosted?

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 20 47
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 47 20

User Info Menu

Oct 2018
    Hungary
    Read 0 Reviews
    H3N is very flat until you remove the glue covering sheet from the bottom, after removal it does curl. But ESN rubbers don't curl and most are boosted. H3N does get a reverse curl once the booster evaporates, but ESN rubbers shrink.

The Following User Likes Zwill's Post:

yogi_bear

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 291 447
    T
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 447 291

User Info Menu

Jan 2020
    UK
    Read 0 Reviews
    Well. But those machinery oils are full of VOCs. They certainly work better than VOC-free. But then we’re coming back to the 90s.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 27 87
    A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 87 27

User Info Menu

Sep 2020
    Germany
    Read 1 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear

And where did you get this definition? So if a rubber has a booster application by the factory and it does not curve, it is not boosted?

So where is the rubber that has this "booster" application?
    The definition comes from the booster you use itself, because it is exactly what it does, which gives you the more bouncier effect.

What many people confound (i guess that is the right word^^) is the "factory tuned" status of a rubber and the boosting process. The problem here is (the main reason why i wrote that it is useless to discuss or think about it) this happens in the making of a rubber. A process which is usually not published in a detailed way or at all. So the changes to recreate this process propperly are kinda nonexistent.

Sadly there is not much information out there of which i could tell on how to differentiate between the boosting process (usually selfmade with an oil of your choice) and the factory tuning componies are mentioning.

One source for it might be this interview: https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=35876
    There are several sources to this or at least similar interviews, but there is kinda no possible way to know if the interviews people really belong to DHS (in this case) or not.

This interview should explain what Zwill mentioned too. Though i am not certain if this should happen at all, because i tried to get rid of this layer with 2 rubbers in the past and besides damaging the rubber at least slightly in the process it just curved a little bit, but in the complete other direction than it would if i boost that same rubber (which i did afterwards^^).

This user has no status.

TTD Member 20 47
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 47 20

User Info Menu

Oct 2018
    Hungary
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude

So where is the rubber that has this "booster" application?

Most high-end ESN rubbers, your Rasanters, Evolutions, Ryzers, Bluestorms, Rakzas... They all have factory boost and when you get them out of the package they are flat as a pancake. You glue them on your racket use them happily until you take them off 2 or 3 months later because the booster is gone and they perform mediocore. When you try to glue them back on your racket you realize they are smaller than your blade face by 1-2 centimeters in every direction. They do not have any kind of dome, no dome when new and no reverse dome when old, they just get smaller.

If you care to measure the weight new I bet it will be 3-4-5g heavier than months later. I'm sure it's not the rubber or the sponge that evaporates.

Of course, if you apply booster on them again they will regain their original size and then they will dome.
    I'm sure ESN has some special chemical and maybe some other process too to achieve this but they would be stupid to disclose it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12