Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 27 217
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 217 27

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    217
    27
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    What are all the factory-tuned Chinese rubbers?

    I believe factory tuned rubbers include:

    Hurricane 3 Neo
    Battle 2?
    Big Dipper

    What are all the confirmed factory tuned Chinese rubbers?





    Â

  2. lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 225 638
    L
    lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 638 225
    #2
    I believe factory tuned rubbers include:

    Hurricane 3 Neo
    Battle 2?
    Big Dipper

    What are all the confirmed factory tuned Chinese rubbers?


    NEO is not factory tuned

  3. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 27 217
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 217 27

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    217
    27
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lodro
    I believe factory tuned rubbers include:

    Hurricane 3 Neo
    Battle 2?
    Big Dipper

    What are all the confirmed factory tuned Chinese rubbers?


    NEO is not factory tuned

    Everywhere I read says Nero is factory tuned


  4. Lycanthrope is offline
    says From RPB to SH
     
    TTD Member 57 82
    L
    Lycanthrope is offline
    says From RPB to SH
     
    TTD Member 82 57
    #4
    H3N and Battle 2 are both factory tuned.

  5. lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 225 638
    L
    lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 638 225
    #5
    Other than a lot of speculation, neither the factory nor anybody else has ever produced any evidence or statement that
    the NEO are factory tuned.
    Just because the neos come packed different to the normal H3 and are covered in glue is not prove of any boosting.

    The factory will never admit such a thing as after all boosting is prohibited by ITTF.

    Apart from that: All sponges are tuned 😁

    The Following User Likes lodro's Post:

    bobpuls


  6. SenseiJM is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 18
    S
    SenseiJM is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 18 2
    #6
    H3 Neo is boosted.
    I've had a friend of mine telling me that. That's the fish smell of them when they come out of the package. That's also why they are vacuum sealed in their package. This way, the booster doesn't evaporate between factory and paddle assembly.

    The Following User Likes SenseiJM's Post:

    bobpuls


  7. lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 225 638
    L
    lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 638 225
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiJM
    H3 Neo is boosted.
    I've had a friend of mine telling me that. That's the fish smell of them when they come out of the package. That's also why they are vacuum sealed in their package. This way, the booster doesn't evaporate between factory and paddle assembly.


    just because it smells different, is covered with glue and in a vacuum pack is no real evidence that its been boosted.
    Boosting normally only lasts a few weeks (at best) but my neo's play the same for months. It is simply a different
    sponge, like the H3-50 and -80 also have a different sponge.

    The Following User Likes lodro's Post:

    bobpuls


  8. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,788 5,886
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,886 2,788
    #8
    Almost all rubber today are factory boosted. Factory boosting is not necessarily illegal because there is a maximum parts per liter for vocs. Without factory boosting, rubbers can only do so much.

    The Following 2 Users Like yogi_bear's Post:

    bobpuls and lodro

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  9. bobpuls is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 880 1,352
    bobpuls's Avatar
    bobpuls is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,352 880
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiJM
    H3 Neo is boosted.
    I've had a friend of mine telling me that. That's the fish smell of them when they come out of the package. That's also why they are vacuum sealed in their package. This way, the booster doesn't evaporate between factory and paddle assembly.

    Booster doesn't smell. That smell is common also for non neo version of dhs rubbers...


  10. Tango K is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 291 447
    T
    Tango K is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 447 291

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2020
    UK
    447
    291
    992
    Read 0 Reviews
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bobpuls

    Booster doesn't smell. That smell is common also for non neo version of dhs rubbers...

    Likely the way it’s packed concentrates the smell (sponge covered by glue plus vacuum sealed). Normal H3 is aired better. If I keep my H3 in a bag for too long, it gets more smelly as well. Also boosting brings out some more smell (more evaporation?), but it’s not booster’s smell.


  11. Tango K is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 291 447
    T
    Tango K is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 447 291

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2020
    UK
    447
    291
    992
    Read 0 Reviews
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by lodro


    just because it smells different, is covered with glue and in a vacuum pack is no real evidence that its been boosted.
    Boosting normally only lasts a few weeks (at best) but my neo's play the same for months. It is simply a different
    sponge, like the H3-50 and -80 also have a different sponge.

    It’s boosted but very light. I remember DHS representative said somewhere. I felt no difference either. 1 thin layer of falco makes a hell lot more.


  12. Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 86
    A
    Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 86 27

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    Germany
    86
    27
    159
    Read 1 Reviews
    #12

    The definition of a boosted rubber contains that the sponge is expanded. If that is the case the rubber has to be curved at least to a certain extent.

    That is not the case for any of the Hurricane versions.


    Besides that, what is the point of the debate if it is factory tuned or not. Everything happening in the making of a rubber is legal. Otherwise the rubber would be delisted and wouldnt get the ittf symbol.
    So why even bother about that topic?

    The Following User Likes Attitude's Post:

    lodro


  13. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 27 217
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 217 27

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    217
    27
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude

    The definition of a boosted rubber contains that the sponge is expanded. If that is the case the rubber has to be curved at least to a certain extent.

    That is not the case for any of the Hurricane versions.


    Besides that, what is the point of the debate if it is factory tuned or not. Everything happening in the making of a rubber is legal. Otherwise the rubber would be delisted and wouldnt get the ittf symbol.
    So why even bother about that topic?

    Baby Oil also curls the Hurricane rubber to the same angle of curl. But does it have the same effect as real booster oil?


  14. Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 86
    A
    Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 86 27

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    Germany
    86
    27
    159
    Read 1 Reviews
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zhuang

    Baby Oil also curls the Hurricane rubber to the same angle of curl. But does it have the same effect as real booster oil?

    Yes and no. Yes it does have a "boosting" effect but that effect is not as durable as haifu-oil or Falco.


  15. lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 225 638
    L
    lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 638 225
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude

    Yes and no. Yes it does have a "boosting" effect but that effect is not as durable as haifu-oil or Falco.


    One might have to do some research and compare every commercially available booster against Johnson baby oil.
    I know we are going ""off-topic"" here and it is all bit of a joke but "WHAT THE HELL"" why not:

    Baby oil proved to last longer and has the same effects as SEAMOON-booster...........QED.

    Seamoon booster DOES INDEED STINK.
    When I first opened the bottle my "knee-jerk " reaction was 10- 50 synthetic motor bike oil 😁
    OK, I know your are going say :"This man has much too much free time on his hand"
    I went out to my garage, got some of the above mentioned oil and applied a thin layer to an old rubber = rubber curled.
    I did this 3 times and had a boosted rubber.
    NEXT : I mixed half/half motor oil with baby oil. This is a great booster , smells nice and lasts longer than the SEAMOON booster.
    Actually, I boosted a NEO 39 this way and it got so fast i had to glue it on to a slower blade.
    I have now added a couple of drops ""essence of frankincense"" and a very small amount of pink dye to the mix so now all the orange sponges come out a bit pink. 😁
    Shit, I really do have too much time on my hands 😁

    The Following User Likes lodro's Post:

    latej


  16. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 27 217
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 217 27

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    217
    27
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lodro


    One might have to do some research and compare every commercially available booster against Johnson baby oil.
    I know we are going ""off-topic"" here and it is all bit of a joke but "WHAT THE HELL"" why not:

    Baby oil proved to last longer and has the same effects as SEAMOON-booster...........QED.

    Seamoon booster DOES INDEED STINK.
    When I first opened the bottle my "knee-jerk " reaction was 10- 50 synthetic motor bike oil 😁
    OK, I know your are going say :"This man has much too much free time on his hand"
    I went out to my garage, got some of the above mentioned oil and applied a thin layer to an old rubber = rubber curled.
    I did this 3 times and had a boosted rubber.
    NEXT : I mixed half/half motor oil with baby oil. This is a great booster , smells nice and lasts longer than the SEAMOON booster.
    Actually, I boosted a NEO 39 this way and it got so fast i had to glue it on to a slower blade.
    I have now added a couple of drops ""essence of frankincense"" and a very small amount of pink dye to the mix so now all the orange sponges come out a bit pink. 😁
    Shit, I really do have too much time on my hands 😁

    So can you rank the best booster effects between Seamoon, Baby oil, bike oil?


  17. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 27 217
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 217 27

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    217
    27
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #17



    This is a H2 sheet i have that i applied baby oil to. It curled up a lot, but it doesnt feel any faster really. Does the stretching itself provide the speed effect?

  18. lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 225 638
    L
    lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 638 225
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zhuang

    So can you rank the best booster effects between Seamoon, Baby oil, bike oil?


    YEP ! my home mix of baby oil and the 10/50 synthetic Motorbike oil , (ELF brand) boosts at least as good as Seamoon and lasts longer and smells better 😁

    The Following User Likes lodro's Post:

    latej


  19. lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 225 638
    L
    lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 638 225
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zhuang



    This is a H2 sheet i have that i applied baby oil to. It curled up a lot, but it doesnt feel any faster really. Does the stretching itself provide the speed effect?
    I can have a guess.:::::::: Considering that the manual suggests that we let the rubber stretch itself after it has curled from the booster application
    my answer would be NO. The booster is likely to create some chemical changes to the sponge and it is this change that will alter its performance .

  20. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 27 217
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 217 27

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    217
    27
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by lodro
    I can have a guess.:::::::: Considering that the manual suggests that we let the rubber stretch itself after it has curled from the booster application
    my answer would be NO. The booster is likely to create some chemical changes to the sponge and it is this change that will alter its performance .

    I dont have a motor bike or motor oil. I dunno if its worth it to go and buy motor oil just to make your mix.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.